1. May 27, 2022  

Being threatened with report ban by people trying to take gear from you.

Hey everyone.

So I am a fresh level 80 paladin tank. Since I've hit level 80 I have been threatened no less than 4 times by other players that they will get me banned for winning gear against them. Today I decided to make this post because I decided to take a screenshot this time. I am just wondering if it is common practice amongst the lesser players here to use this sort of tactic against new members of the community to gain gear that they lost on the roll for.

I may be a tank, and the pants I rolled on (in a regular dungeon....blue pants) had plus crit on them but the pants had over 30 more stam on them compared to the pair I was wearing. I thought it completely fair for me to roll on them as I have had Dps roll on clearly tanking gear ( items having defensive stats) understanding that the base stats are likely much better than what they are wearing.

Can I actually get banned for this? I obviously wouldn't roll on dps gear with dps in the party if it was a heroic dungeon and above difficulty.

This seems like a cowardly way to try and make people give up the gear they won fairly.

2. May 29, 2022  
    Please don't stress about a single non-raid item. If *****s cry, just give it to them, these items are irelevant.

3. May 29, 2022  
    They were kinda right. Crit is considered DPS/Heal stat in RDF. While you level dungeons, there will be a lot more items with higher stamina (70-80lvl), and you shouldn't (or at least, I don't recommend) needing them if they have crit/haste on them. The same goes for DPS, if stats are reversed. +30 STR might look nice, but an item having defense/dodge/parry, it's clearly meant for tanks.

"Sorry, I'm new at this game, and I'm still learning loot etiquette in this game. If I did something wrong, please explain it to me, so that I can correct my wrongdoings."

4. May 30, 2022  
    You will get banned for it. Best to read server rules so you can avoid such situations in future.

5. May 31, 2022  
    The timeless "well they rolled on my gear so i'll roll on theirs" excuse. No. People roll on my gear in dungeon(when I actually need it, I mean). I don't roll on theirs, I ask them if it's too much of a problem for them not to ninjaloot stuff. If they start being a beech(99.9% of the time) - I just finish the dungeon and report them. That's it. No childish excuses. I've let people slide with rolling Need on some items purely because it's those .01% of cases where it's not just Worse/Better item. For example tanks having multiple tank trinkets in their inventory.

So yes, if you keep rolling on people's ****, they will keep getting pissy until someone actually stacks a giga report on yo' *** and get you banned for 5 days. So just don't roll Need on stuff that's clearly not meant for you. And no, more stamina doesn't mean the item is tank-specific. Mostly all items in wotlk content have stamina on them, doesn't mean they're meant for tanks.

6. June 1, 2022  
    Honestly, I've never had any luck with GM's caring about it outside of a raid. Most of them just close the ticket out after 4-6 days of waiting and them doing nothing but saying "they'll look into it"

7. June 1, 2022  
    As people already stated, as pala tank you dont roll on those items, every item in game has "stamina" but as pala tank, you roll for those with dodge, parry etc. stats. Unless you are a bear tank, you can roll for any leather item with agility. People are screaming at your for a reason