1. 30min BG queues

What is happening? Has the constant premades driven everyone else away? Even during peak hours there's a 30m queue for BGs like AB.

2. Probably premades will kill this server, even random bg sometimes takes 5-10 minutes, while 2 years ago it was 5-10 seconds :/

3. Probably premades will kill this server, even random bg sometimes takes 5-10 minutes, while 2 years ago it was 5-10 seconds :/
    It's not premade per se, it's the mercenary mode and the totally unnecessary gs brakets.

4. It's not premade per se, it's the mercenary mode and the totally unnecessary gs brakets.
    Nah, I'm pretty sure it's the premades only farming hks 24/7. The other brackets don't have the same problem. I created a random Blackrock char a few days ago to test some BGs, and it's the first time I've actually enjoyed BGs in several months. The games were actually even, people played objectives and there was not a single premade marauding around.

5. I understand your complaint but what do you suggest?

6. I understand your complaint but what do you suggest?
    Im afraid it's inevitable end, too late to reverse merc mode, too many transferred to alliance, balance is so screwed that there no going back I think.

7. You know what beats a Premade? Another Premade. Then the fights get interesting.

8. You know what beats a Premade? Another Premade. Then the fights get interesting.
    right, until it comes to the time when its pointless to join bg for daily ap, and the only way to win a bg is by making/joining a high req elitist premade.

premade que should only be able to pop againts another premade.
    Edited: June 29, 2022

9. You know what beats a Premade? Another Premade. Then the fights get interesting.
    Reality: The premade that loses the initial fight will leave.

10. There's no simple fix for this. If they were to force premades only face other premades, then anyone who simply wants to group with friends for some casual fun will get destroyed. If they implement some type of MMR, they should also consider the team compositions and make sure each team has the appropriate number of healers. There are other considerations, but the more they take into consideration, the more segregated the system will become, slowing queue time. Perhaps they can implement Solo-Queue for BG based on MMR (can even be factionless), and keep this pool of players separate from any premades.

11. They did something with queue for premades about a year ago. Now when a premade queues, theres a much higher chance for them to meet another premade if there is one in queue, and if you queue with a huge group and there isn't any other premade in queue, the queue gets insanely long (up to 1h on alliance).

I believe GMs changed this after Markux talked to them. We were hosting a lot of event on Alliance with mercenary mode, gathering 20 people and then splitting the teams in 2, making them as balanced as possible and then we just fight each other for kills. We called those "10v10 mix". The queue was really long sometimes even with the 2 groups in queue, so Markux asked GMs to do something about it, and they did. Now if the leaders relog before queuing, we get instant pops against each other. Those events are crazy fun, we did hundreds of them since last year, and the players who joined regularly (even huge noobs) became the very best players on this server for GvG style fights.

Since that change was made, there is actually a lot less big premades queuing, because a lot of premades (especially on horde) didn't have any players that practiced in those events, so they kept losing over and over to those who did practice, and now a lot of guilds stopped even queuing with more than 5man, because it's long queues and they get rekt in the end.
    Edited: June 30, 2022

12. July 1, 2022  
    That's all fine and great for those who enjoy GvG nonsense. It bothers no one when you do it with closed groups. It's the honor-farm premades that destroy the BG experience for casual players. Perhaps there is a simple fix. Implement factionless solo-queue with randomized team rosters. It is easy to implement and does not require MMR, and it should in theory be balanced through RNG.

13. July 1, 2022  
    A good solution would be to have the system automatically balance the number of dps/healers, like in retail.

12 Last