1. June 2, 2022  
    "They already ruined this, why not ruin that too?"

You can have your own opinion. Luckly for you, being wrong isn't against the law.

2. June 2, 2022  
    "They already ruined this, why not ruin that too?"
    Define ruined. Vanilla players claimed TBC ruined WoW. Vanilla and TBC players claimed WotLK ruined WoW. And the list goes on with each expansion. Each expansion "ruined" WoW for some players. Personally,WoW players ruined WoW.

I do not like the new writing at all. But the game itself is good enough to just straight up ignore it. Most of the WoW lore are retcons as is,i can ignore them as much as i do with past retcons.

And yeah,it's a personal opinion just like yours. Neither of us are right and neither of us are wrong. Tastes exist. I personally prefer the freedom of choices like in actual RPGs. Can i make something out of the lore? Absolutely,but i have to deal with the downsides as well. But,despite classified as MMORPG,WoW has very little RPG in it.

If we stick to lore,characters like Drizzt shouldn't exist in say a D&D world. But he exists because there's more to RPGs than lore.
    Edited: June 2, 2022

3. June 2, 2022  
    ruined
    /ˈro͞oind/

adjective

having been irreparably damaged or harmed.

4. June 2, 2022  
    Guess "we" should've sticked to vanilla class and race combos so nothing gets ruined.

Draeneis, Blood elves, Worgens, Goblins, Pandaren, Death Knights, Demon Hunters should've stayed as NPC's. Not to mention the extra allied races. Because world is full of different kinds of races and classes, and god forbid if we get to experience something new/different.

Lore is what they write it to be, and it's always subject to change (for better or worse). Otherwise you'll write yourself in a corner where you can't back out of. So if lore expands and world grows with it, new possibilities needs to be unlocked too. What's the point of making this huge world, but limit players to 8 races and 9 classes and their predefined combinations? Should the world stop evolving, just so that you get to keep living in an utopia where nothing ever changes, because change only brings ruin, ruin to what you held as the one and only way of being.

5. June 2, 2022  
    You know what, I agree. They should make this official in the next patch. Because magic or some ****. Let's experience something different, and follow up with MLP as a playable race. Expanding horizons, yo.

6. June 2, 2022  
    It's about time, I say. It was always stupid that Night Elves could never be Paladins. After all, if Priests can draw from the power of Elune as their source of the Holy Light, then Paladins should be able to do the same thing. Also, Delas Moonfang.

It fits their lore just fine.

7. June 2, 2022  
    I don't think you realize at all the amount of lore changes that have happen in WOW. Previously you mention "imagine undead paladin"... well i have news for you we already have undeads of the light. Undead paladin actually does make sense now lore wise.
    I am deeply offended as somebody who would play Forsaken Paladin if given the chance.
    We had forsaken priests since launch. Lorewise the light causes them pain on use but they can still use it. In fact,the only race where it makes a 100% sense to be anything is forsaken,as they are reanimated corpses. And if they can use the light they might as well "force" nature to do their bidding. There's no rule about not being able to ressurrect druids after all.
    Yes, I was referring to the fact that forsaken priests exist, and they stay true to the Light but suffer the consenquence of enduring constant physical pain. This is why a forsaken priest was more common to be a shadow one than anything else in the lore. In Classic/Vanilla, all priest specs were enabled for the forsaken race due to gameplay reasons. It was a game design decision not to limit the players, but it was made clear enough that this isn't a common occurence in the actual warcraft universe. This is why I mentioned a forsaken paladin before, thinking that he would constantly suffer physical pain from the Light, since there aren't any shadow specs for it.

Tbh, I forgot about Calia Menethil and her "campaign" when I wrote my comment before going to work. Honestly, I forgot whether Lightforged Undead were free from the physical pain caused by the Light, but at this point I am just fed up with the inconsistent lore development.

In fact,the only race where it makes a 100% sense to be anything is forsaken,as they are reanimated corpses.
    While I wouldn't dispute with your logic, I still think that turning into an undead should come with its (twisted) consequences. If you're a walking corpse, do you still really have contact with the living, energising nature? Cenarius didn't turn into an undead upon death - he was killed, and he was reborn. Same with Y'sera. Wasn't the meaning of being a druid respecting the Life and Death cycle? Now, imagine an undead who breaks this concept.

You're right that the lore has been retconned, so there's a BS explanation for everything. I still don't find it logical, but wtv. It's just my opinion, and I am not responsible for the lore.
    Edited: June 2, 2022

8. June 2, 2022  
    as someone who doesn't give a **** about lore, it sounds like a cool update. but i can see how lore lovers would be pissed.

9. June 3, 2022  
    From Wowwiki:
    "The paladin is a "warrior of the Holy Light". They uphold all that is good and true in the world and revile all that is evil and sinister, especially undead and the Burning Legion."

I'm wondering if undead paladins will be able to fear themself with turn evil.

10. June 4, 2022  
    From Wowwiki:
    "The paladin is a "warrior of the Holy Light". They uphold all that is good and true in the world and revile all that is evil and sinister, especially undead and the Burning Legion."

I'm wondering if undead paladins will be able to fear themself with turn evil.
    Forsaken are considered humanoids ingame for balancing purposes. Also,some undead like the fallen crusaders during the Crusader's Pinnacle questline use "Unholy Light" "Hammer of Unjustice",so it would be possible to put a racial twist on the abilities for the forsaken pallies for the same effect.

There's also Cenarius in the Emerald Nightmare,who uses a corrupted version of druid magic.

By the way,why are we even using irl logic? Forsaken rogues are known as being amongst the deadliest of assassins,even though they could give themselves away simply by stench or the fact that without stealth a nearby corpse would be more than fishy.

11. June 5, 2022  
    Screw that. Tauren rogue? Do rogues really need another stun?

Plus you'll essentially kill off some races. Teldrassil will be a ghost town because NE racials are bunk as hell. Alliance is already human-heavy, especially because of PvP.

12. June 5, 2022  
    Screw that. Tauren rogue? Do rogues really need another stun?

Plus you'll essentially kill off some races. Teldrassil will be a ghost town because NE racials are bunk as hell. Alliance is already human-heavy, especially because of PvP.
    The post was about Retail WoW not Wrath, most of what you talking about works different there. Also Teldrassil was burned down, so it is literally a ghost town :D

13. June 6, 2022  
    I haven't followed retail at all but the other day I stumbled upon the wowhead front page and I saw the new talent trees:

It's interesting that they are going for a kind of hierarchy that didn't even exist before the current "pick one out of tree" talent trees of retail. These new talent trees remind me of the ones in Path of Exile.

14. July 9, 2022  
    I think its good change overall. The less restriction the games has the better.
    Without restrictions, no decision has true meaning, and what's the point of playing a mmoRPG when nothing has meaning?
    There is a reason why this game is losing subs on a daily basis, they completely butchered what Metzen and the old people build.

15. July 9, 2022  
    I agree with Thorb. From a lore and RP perspective, enabling all race-class combinations sounds like a terrible decision. Just imagine:
    - Forsaken paladin;
    - Forsaken druid;
    - Tauren rogue (funny, but not really legit);
    - Gnome druid;
    - Mechagnome druid.

A lot of time has passed since I last read something about the WOW lore, but didn't some races devote themselves AGAINST certain schools of magic or were considered physically unfit (like, the case with the green orcs, whose demon blood prevented contact with the Light or sth?)?
    Dungeons & Dragons, from where this game is inspired of, has been doing that for ages. Each edition they go cutting off outdated restrictions and making the game more accessible.The more options, more people will feel attracted to play it.

1st edition you could only play an elf Fighter + Mage
    2nd edition some races could only level until certain point.
    3rd edition they went radical allowing Orcs to become paladins!
    5th edition removed alignment restrictions. You could be an evil paladin, a lawful barbarian or a chaotic monk. Who cares? Fun in first place.

Things should progress overtime.

First 123 Last