1. July 9, 2022  
    Things should progress overtime.
    But there should always be some restrictions. One thing that killed WotLK Classic for me and I won't try it at all is the fact that now everyone will be able to change their GENDER whenever they want with a click of a button. Its so frustrating...

2. July 9, 2022  
    The more options, more people will feel attracted to play it.
    You mean the people who were *****ing for changes to orcs and drow saying they were "racist"?
    Because I only know people who either stuck to older editions or kept old restrictions because they saw the changes as bull****.

3. July 9, 2022  
    You mean the people who were *****ing for changes to orcs and drow saying they were "racist"?
    Because I only know people who either stuck to older editions or kept old restrictions because they saw the changes as bull****.
    Not the same people. Things need to at least make sense. SJW doesn't discuss, they demand. Can't be used in this discussion. Eliminate races because of racism makes no sense lol.

An evil paladin, unthinkable in older editions, is just the current Anti-paladin, or Executioner, or just The One selected by an evil power. Rather that create a new class, they expanded a classic one lifting a restriction.

Lawful barbarians why not? They can be loyal to a cause. Chaotic monks have as much right to exist as a ronin (samurai without a master). Just need to have some sense. In the case of World of Warcraft, I don't think classes can't be applied to all races. I would only find strange with Demon Hunters since they were a very specific case where only a couple of races trained for it.

Death Knight on the other hand doesn't need anymore to be tied to WotLK races since a new master of Death Knights appeared, he could recruit anyone. As for pandas I know you will never accept them, even if they appeared in Warcraft 3 in a bonus quest, but the discussion here is about classes. Monk class is ok to be "all classes" since in the game you can see npcs of other races training it and the pandas just joined other societies.

People are complaining about Forsaken Paladin. This one fits in my very first description of an Executioner.
    Orc druids, why not? Why would Elune forbid an orc who finally decided to see things how she want? There are orcs paladins NPCs. No problem.

Actually i'd prefer an option of "any faction" like in ESO and you being able to join the other faction with whatever race. They already stepped on this direction with the Mercenary thing.

4. July 9, 2022  
    Where's the Lawful thief? Are you going to saw thieves can't be the most law-abiding around? How archaic.
    Let's also do away with attribute requirements for anything. Someone with Intelligence 3 can't be an arch-wizard? Preposterous, outdated restrictions.
    Roll pre-determined dice? Things should progress all the time, the player should have more options and decide what die they want to roll.
    Follow a rule book? Are you a mummy? Even the sky shouldn't be the limit.

PS: About pandas, they were a joke secret quest in WC3. But then again, as they treat the lore of the game as a joke that can be retconned in any way and still get someone defending it, I guess they do fit the clown theme, right?

5. July 9, 2022  
    Without restrictions, no decision has true meaning, and what's the point of playing a mmoRPG when nothing has meaning?
    Excellent point. "Progressives" search for meaning by removing all distinctions in the process. Thereby rending everything meaningless. There is the age old question of Unity vs Diversity, Rational vs Irrational; in this case, Order vs Chaos. When the two are harmonized by allowing one to dominate the other, you end up with an extremist outlook on life.

6. July 9, 2022  
    Where's the Lawful thief? Are you going to saw thieves can't be the most law-abiding around? How archaic.
    Let's also do away with attribute requirements for anything. Someone with Intelligence 3 can't be an arch-wizard? Preposterous, outdated restrictions.
    Roll pre-determined dice? Things should progress all the time, the player should have more options and decide what die they want to roll.
    Follow a rule book? Are you a mummy? Even the sky shouldn't be the limit.

PS: About pandas, they were a joke secret quest in WC3. But then again, as they treat the lore of the game as a joke that can be retconned in any way and still get someone defending it, I guess they do fit the clown theme, right?
    You can be a lawful rogue since 3rd edition.

You can also be a dumb wizard since 3rd edition as well. You just don't get bonus spells. lol

7. July 9, 2022  
    You can be a lawful rogue since 3rd edition.

You can also be a dumb wizard since 3rd edition as well. You just don't get bonus spells. lol
    That would make for a funny plot

8. July 9, 2022  
    You can be a lawful rogue since 3rd edition. You can also be a dumb wizard since 3rd edition as well. You just don't get bonus spells. lol
    Now try reading more than a couple words.

Edit: To clarify, since apparently it was "uncertain"...

I said thief - someone who steals from others literally breaking laws - not rogue.
    I said arch-wizard - someone at the apex of wizardry knowledge and power, like Khelben or Gandalf - not Horde wizard.

9. This is great news, but not all classes will be for all races considering the new Race + Class in WoW Dragonflight. Orc druid is funny, but what do you think about Tauren Warlock or rogue? :D In fact, since the days of WoW WotLK, I dreamed about Undead Hunter
    Edited: August 11, 2022 Reason: clarification

10. Nope. Tolkien inspired all of that D&D stuff. please don't compare 1rst edition to the **** they do now, its like comparing 1980's movies to those of today.

11. Nope. Tolkien inspired all of that D&D stuff. please don't compare 1rst edition to the **** they do now, its like comparing 1980's movies to those of today.
    Agreed! Today's movies are so much better!

12. Well, there goes the RPG in the "MMORPG" and the lore as well.

First 123