1. June 2, 2022  

Blizzard confirmed that they eventually will make all classes for all races soon

So Mages, Priests, and Rogues will be available to all races in Dragonflight. Now apparently it's been confirmed that eventually all classes will be available to all races.

Not gonna lie, I kind of want to play an Orc Druid. Thoughts?

2. June 2, 2022  
    I think its good change overall. The less restriction the games has the better, cross faction is also really good change. And with Classic existing people who like older version of WoW can play that.

3. June 2, 2022  
    Wish I could play a tauren paladin and dwarf shaman here. :(

4. June 2, 2022  
    IMO a dumb decision. Atleast some of those. There's plenty of class+race combos that don't make sense lore wise and them enabling it now pretty much just confirms the fact that they gave up on all sense of lore and identity for the races.

5. June 2, 2022  
    IMO a dumb decision. Atleast some of those. There's plenty of class+race combos that don't make sense lore wise and them enabling it now pretty much just confirms the fact that they gave up on all sense of lore and identity for the races.
    I agree with Thorb. From a lore and RP perspective, enabling all race-class combinations sounds like a terrible decision. Just imagine:
    - Forsaken paladin;
    - Forsaken druid;
    - Tauren rogue (funny, but not really legit);
    - Gnome druid;
    - Mechagnome druid.

A lot of time has passed since I last read something about the WOW lore, but didn't some races devote themselves AGAINST certain schools of magic or were considered physically unfit (like, the case with the green orcs, whose demon blood prevented contact with the Light or sth?)?
    Edited: June 2, 2022 Reason: corrected a typo

6. June 2, 2022  
    A lot of time has passed since I last read something about the WOW lore, but didn't some races devote themselves AGAINST certain some schools of magic or were considered physically unfit (like, the case with the green orcs, whose demon blood prevented contact with the Light or sth?)?
    You should catch up with the new lore, most of what you are talking about have been retcon and now even writers don't know wtf is going on. All races been all classes would be the least controversy lore wise compare to all other stuff that are happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD7c-IrY3Xw
    Edited: June 2, 2022

7. June 2, 2022  
    You should catch up with the new lore, most of what you are talking about have been retcon and now even writers don't know wtf is going on. All races been all classes would be the least controversy lore wise compare to all other stuff that are happening.
    I'm aware of the lawsuit, the harassment scandals and the fact that some bits of the lore have been retconned. I stopped paying attention to the lore a bit after Shadowlands was introduced, so pardon my ignorance. Still, just because the writers feel free to write whatever BS they want from their asses and to alternate the lore as they please, that doesn't change the fact that it's poor writing and it shouldn't be criticised.

I remember when this video was released:

I pointed out some plot holes in the comment section, and my comment got deleted. One of my main points was how a warrior was able to FOLLOW ROGUES in bright daylight whilst them not noticing him and deciding to attack both Thrall and Saurfang at the same time. Also, no poisons for the orcs' exposed bodies. The visuals look nice, but the fight feels fake after you put a bit more thought into it.

Same with enabling all classes for the different races. From a gameplay perspective it's nice as it removes restrictions, but not from (old) lore or RP one. Personally for me, it ruins the immersion, and I see it as nothing more as a cheap and lazy way for game devs to meet the "new features" criteria.
    Edited: June 2, 2022 Reason: corrected some grammar mistakes

8. June 2, 2022  
    I'm on the "this is dumb" side as well. It's clearly just yet another desperation move to try to attract new or old players, while taking a steaming **** on top of the story that has been built over all these years. Yeah, I'm sure there will be some baby whining "bUt MuH gUbLiNg PalDiNg NaMeD rOfLcOpTeR," but **** them. Class restrictions was what gave races a large chunk of their identity. If it becomes a free-for-all it will all be about racials and characters will turn even more copy-pasted.

9. June 2, 2022  
    I'm aware of the lawsuit, the harassment scandals and the fact that some bits of the lore have been retconned. I stopped paying attention to the lore a bit after Shadowlands was introduced, so pardon my ignorance. Still, just because the writers feel free to write whatever BS they want from their asses and to alternate the lore as they please, that doesn't change the fact that it's poor writing and it shouldn't be criticised.
    I don't think you realize at all the amount of lore changes that have happen in WOW. Previously you mention "imagine undead paladin"... well i have news for you we already have undeads of the light. Undead paladin actually does make sense now lore wise.
    Edited: June 2, 2022

10. June 2, 2022  
    From a lore and RP perspective, enabling all race-class combinations sounds like a terrible decision. Just imagine:
    - Forsaken paladin;
    I am deeply offended as somebody who would play Forsaken Paladin if given the chance.

It's nice to see there are new combinations, but not really sure everything should be possible.

Forsaken Druid though..

11. June 2, 2022  
    You can discard all the "lore" from the moment they started to call players "consumers". That tells you everything what they are about.

12. June 2, 2022  
    You can discard all the "lore" from the moment they added ****ing pandas.
    Fix'd that for you.

13. June 2, 2022  
    Tauren rogue go brrrrrrrrr

Nothing will make me change my mind on retail, won't give Bobby any cent ever again.

14. June 2, 2022  
    Tauren rogue go brrrrrrrrr
    I mean, they could have special stealth where they go on all fours and moo.

15. June 2, 2022  
    I don't think you realize at all the amount of lore changes that have happen in WOW. Previously you mention "imagine undead paladin"... well i have news for you we already have undeads of the light. Undead paladin actually does make sense now lore wise.
    We had forsaken priests since launch. Lorewise the light causes them pain on use but they can still use it. In fact,the only race where it makes a 100% sense to be anything is forsaken,as they are reanimated corpses. And if they can use the light they might as well "force" nature to do their bidding. There's no rule about not being able to ressurrect druids after all.

I mean, they could have special stealth where they go on all fours and moo.
    We had tauren rogues before as npcs. Grimtotems have rogues. There are Man'ari rogues for the draenei argument.
    And as someone who actually met and dealt with cows irl before,they can be sneaky af,hooves aren't necessarily loud. So why can't we have tauren rogues in a game with magic and special abilities that lets you turn invisible. Especially when its been done on npcs already.

Players will min-max racials anyways. So why not have those few that actually put their preferred aesthetics and fantasy over numbers? The lore was and always will be a bunch of retcons.

123 Last