1. Is it too late in the season to start?

Hello I've only ever played on Icecrown and coming back from a long break today I thought it'd be fun to try the seasonal thing out. Would now be a bad time to start, and also what does the faction balance look like? I've see that they've added perks to bring people from horde to alliance in past seasons but I'm just wondering if it's worth it to roll on Alliance as I'd like to now.

2. If the statistics on the Information page are accurate, it is 55/45 horde/alliance. Still in "phase 1" content (Naxx/EoE), so definitely not too late. And rep grind is not a grind if Alliance (insta-exalted with Sons when you finish the quest chain, for example). Some of the "link GS/achiev" nonsense has started, though.

3. Hello I've only ever played on Icecrown and coming back from a long break today I thought it'd be fun to try the seasonal thing out. Would now be a bad time to start, and also what does the faction balance look like? I've see that they've added perks to bring people from horde to alliance in past seasons but I'm just wondering if it's worth it to roll on Alliance as I'd like to now.
    definitely still early enough. You get to do naxx for a month instead of filling up swimming pools with tears of boredom over 3 months of it

4. It's not too late at all. Still on phase 1. Leveling is quick enough and Naxx doesn't really need that much gear.