1. Bugged Quest: The Cipher of Damnation - Borak's Charge (Ruul the Darkener)

Hello!

In this quest, I am tasked with killing an NPC called Ruul the Darkener, and looting an item off his corpe. The NPC is patrolling in an area on a flying mount.

I've killed the NPC 3 times now, but his corpse starts bugging out after the kill. It starts spiking up and down, and flies/hovers back to his initial spawn location.
    - I've tried looting the corpse in mid air, I get a message I cannot do that while mounted
    - I've tried relogging. The corpse then falls down when I log back in, which made me hopeful. However, it falls into some type of poison puddle from where it can also not be looted.

I've looked at an old video, and the NPC and his flying mount seem to be fought on the ground there. When I engage combat with him, he stays airborne.

Anyone else who ran into this? Or any thoughts?

2. Follow him until he is close to ground, if I'm thinking of the right quest

3. Hey, thanks a lot for the quick reply! There's unfortunately not really a moment where he is very close to the ground. I've tried ambushing him at the moment he was closest to ground after observing his entire patrol once.

However, I did manage to do it just now. What did the trick for me is spam clicking the corpse with shift-looting, so the items are instantly collected. There's a few frames where this works before the corpse flies out of reach. Can't believe I didn't think of that sooner.

It's very very wonky, and definitely bugged, but this is a way the quest can be completed.

So thread can be considered closed - and hopefully this might help someone else who googles for the issue and stumbles upon this thread :)

4. Reload the game mid fight, it worket for me

Reload the game mid fight, it worket for me

5. Reboot and auto-loot didn't help. Hangs in the air, can't collect loot

6. Same issue... I soloed it at lvl 74, feral druid. The first time, I had to kill the dragon, so the body just disappeared at some point into the air. The second time, trying to reach for the body, I got stomped and slowed by the dragon...