1. Portal Addon

Hello,

even I received ban Hermiona (on Alliance faction of Frostmourne realm), I don't want to unban by this threat but figure out what is detected as a bot.

I made an addon to auto-invite/auto-reply, secondary thing is, it is accepting trades, looting mails, and cast portal all this under one button, so basically I don't need to watch chat to read all haters (99% mages) around.

I fully respect multi-boxing policy here, but where is the borderlines? Addons are forbidden and 3rd party programs are allowed, especially when I offer portals for free. I teleported over 1000 people per day, I received plenty of thanks mails and messages, but still there was maybe 20, I guess, depressed guys those report me as a bot.

In a rules there is written:
    > Other smaller Exploits such as: - vehicle exploits. - leaving BG starter area before it starts. - Powerleveling (to bring a low level char to a high level zone to rush its leveling). - anything else that gives you advantage over others that abuse the normal system. - The use of bots (which includes fishing bots).

What the advantage is by making a portals for people for free?

But what is understand as a bot? I was speaking with GM he asked me if it requires me to be in a same room with computer, so addon those don't need human interaction? I more understand that 3rd-party program those replace you, I miss the "bot" definition in terms anyway, so if that GM had a right are Auction addons those scanning whole auction or selling/buying items bots because they do it itself?

I can adjust and finalize this addon to be a legal but need to know what is a problem with this?

2. I don't know why you were banned, but as far as I know there is no way to get banned from using an addon, even one that you wrote yourself. Were you using autohotkey or any other automation software when you were banned, even if it wasn't interacting with the game?

3. As I said I don't want to speak about if I would get banned or not, just to figure out the bot definition or unwanted features.

If I will be using some multi-boxing software which is allowed for sure here, it could be equal to auto-hotkey software, or something similar, in the same way I will open game in windowed mode, scaled down and repeat pressing one button, open movie and watch it beside it. I can handle the same with fishing without anything, just turn off all sounds except the fishing one turn off chats, watch movie and click only when it make a sound, I believe it is legal as well even not described.

4. The "multiboxing is not botting" rule is more like an exception than anything else.

Having autohotkey relay a button press to wow when wow is not in the foreground seems like a grey area to me. But this has nothing to do with addons, which seemed like your original question.

5. The "multiboxing is not botting" rule is more like an exception than anything else.

Having auto-hotkey relay a button press to wow when wow is not in the foreground seems like a grey area to me. But this has nothing to do with addons, which seemed like your original question.
    you didn't understand my point I don't want say it, but if I open 4 accounts doing this in 4 different cities it is more bot than multi-box in this case from my point of view.

I will don't lie I never heard about auto-hotkey/auto-clicker. But didn't use it in this case, which is actually allowed as far as I know, due to we reported player for it many times and nothing happens, beside of it auto-clicker isn't mentioned in rules as not allowed, so it was my future plan actually so.

6. Multiboxing means having all of your characters close together. If your characters are fishing in 4 different cities at once and you aren't controlling them directly then that's botting at least in my opinion.

"auto-clicker isn't mentioned in rules as not allowed" -> generating button presses without you actually pressing a button is botting too (in my opinion, again).

7. Let Teleports live!

IMHO, this guy is a real MVP. As a fresh on the server, i was literally begging mages in Org to give me a portal, i only had 89s on my account and i was offering to pay that (i was level 12), i kept asking for at least 15 minutes until i saw a character named Teleports saying in chat he's giving portals for free. His portal helped me a lot when i had no means of going where i wanted to go. Tipped him later after i hit max level and had some gold and got tipper of the day. He's earning his fair share of gold, even more so when he never asks for gold, he just accepts whatever people want to give him for this. So, in conclusion, LET TELEPORTS LIVE!

8. "I made an addon to auto-invite/auto-reply, secondary thing is, it is accepting trades, looting mails, and cast portal all this under one button, so basically I don't need to watch chat to read all haters (99% mages) around."
    - In this case we're not speaking about multiboxing because being from single client or 5 it doesn't matter - this is pure botting - automatization of portal selling if I understand it correctly and if that's the case you're bypassing protected function (casting portals) by either abusing frames+AHK spam or pure lua unlocking
    Edited: June 30, 2022

9. As long as it's an addon and no external programs or game modifications are involved (for example, to disable limitations for addon functionality), it should be allowed. If that's all you did, you should not be banned.

Your fishing example doesn't really work because when fishing, you have to move your mouse to the place where you have to click since it moves each time. So you would actually have to look at the screen and move your mouse yourself.

10. July 1, 2022  
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bot
    https://www.techtarget.com/whatis/definition/bot-robot

so autoclicker is autoclicker, is allowed.
    addon is addon, is allowed.
    bot is bot, is disallowed, even not clear definition what they imagine that bot should doing.

so it looks like they ban me by misinformation, one GM told me I am ok but recommend me to stop working on updates, second GM ban me because I didn't listen on warning to stop using it which I didn't get, hmm.

So expect to unban maybe after 1-12 months when they come to read this.

11. July 1, 2022  
    Who said that autoclicker is allowed? It is clear to me that some actions (such as clicking buttons or casting spells) can only be produced by hardware events (such as you clicking your mouse with your index finger) and, if you use a program (such as autoclicker) to generate those hardware events without your interaction, you are botting. That is precisely the definition of a game bot: a program that does things without you intervening.

12. July 1, 2022  
    What the advantage is by making a portals for people for free?
    Tips/freebies.

You said it yourself:

I made an addon to auto-invite/auto-reply, secondary thing is, it is accepting trades, looting mails, and cast portal all this under one button
    Emphasis mine.

13. July 1, 2022  
    Well I have used this service many times. And if you are not botting they should either unban you or have portals every capital city.

14. July 1, 2022  
    Anything that is automation, can be considered to be a bot.
    General rule of thumb is one keypress for one action.
    Repeating actions without manual intervention definitely falls into that category.

-blue post from official forum I guess the same applies here especially when you're making profit out of it

W: "port pls"
    bot: To where?
    W: Dalaran
    bot: 20g
    -> Successful trade -> inviting/accepting invite -> making portal -> verify that the portal was successfully taken -> disbanding the group/party -> loop/repeat with next "customer"

you asked what exactly is considered botting - that's what it is, meanwhile you're watching netflix making gold
    Yes, there are "legit" ways to bypass almost anything without blocking game packets or better known as lua unlocking, but that doesn't make the final product legit in any way and making such "addon" in first place is not with "help each other" mindset

15. July 1, 2022  
    Anything that is automation, can be considered to be a bot.
    so all addons are bots? Auctionator that simplify many actions into one and scan whole autcion by auctioneer is a bot. Autoflood is bot. DBM is bot, Weakauras is bot, etc.

Should really think what you say ...

you should read definition of the bot boys.

12 Last