1. GotW to proc clearcasting has been completely nerfed into the ground.

I thought it was a bug, i experienced it today as i was raiding ICC25.
    I made a bug tracker that you can find here :
    https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/112354

If you go visit that URL, you'll find down in the comments the answer directly from the devs :
    "Intended change, new procrates are taken directly from LK classic. Certain AOE spells have reduced chance to proc Clearcasting. It will show up in the nexth changelog."

It's the end of an era... and an effective nerf to our overall dmg by 1k to 2k depending on the fight.

RIP.

2. I thought it was a bug, i experienced it today as i was raiding ICC25.
    I made a bug tracker that you can find here :
    https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/112354

If you go visit that URL, you'll find down in the comments the answer directly from the devs :
    "Intended change, new procrates are taken directly from LK classic. Certain AOE spells have reduced chance to proc Clearcasting. It will show up in the nexth changelog."

It's the end of an era... and an effective nerf to our overall dmg by 1k to 2k depending on the fight.

RIP.
    RIP

Thanks for the info! But, damn, WoTLK Classic? Vanilla WoTLK had other interactions, and warmane was originally based on it. It doesn't make sense to me why the staff has changed its stance on using the modern version as a templet for their game, but I'm not responsible for those decisions.

It's sad that the GotW pre-pull is also affected by this.

3. Btw, to my knowledge FFF is also nerfed on Wotlk Classic. Is warmane going to nerf it here too?

/s

4. Also, it seems that this nerf applies to FF, barkskin and Nature's Grasp... possibly Survival Instincts too. I'll have to run some tests to be sure, but as of right now, it seems like it.
    It's not a small deal btw, it is effectively a nerf of 1 to 2k dps depending on the fight, it's now gonna be even harder to justify a cat spot in a 25man raid on a server with "challenging content."

I personally am fine since my cat is already LoD BIS, but the newcomers are gonna experience the harduous life of a stray cat from now on.
    Very very very VERY sad day, indeed.

5. Also, it seems that this nerf applies to FF, barkskin and Nature's Grasp... possibly Survival Instincts too. I'll have to run some tests to be sure, but as of right now, it seems like it.
    It's not a small deal btw, it is effectively a nerf of 1 to 2k dps depending on the fight, it's now gonna be even harder to justify a cat spot in a 25man raid on a server with "challenging content."

I personally am fine since my cat is already LoD BIS, but the newcomers are gonna experience the harduous life of a stray cat from now on.
    Very very very VERY sad day, indeed.
    Tbh, I have never seen SI proccing OoC because it's a feral ability. The other abilities were treated as spells.

But, yeah, I agree with you. Now, it's going to be hard to justify the presence of a cat in the raid group, taking into consideration the lack of utility coupled with lowered damage output.

6. What's bothering me more than anything though, it's that now our dmg will be down to luck more than ever. Utterly RNG reliant...
    Whether we 'manage' to pull 1k more or 1k less will almost totally and completely be up to chance.
    I very much dislike this ;'(

7. What's bothering me more than anything though, it's that now our dmg will be down to luck more than ever. Utterly RNG reliant...
    Whether we 'manage' to pull 1k more or 1k less will almost totally and completely be up to chance.
    I very much dislike this ;'(
    Yeah. Agree.

Something else bothers me even more. This won't affect only feral druids. All classes will experience changes to their previous interactions, meaning that all of the acquired knowledge and theorycrafting players have done for the 10 classes over the last 14 years is now thrown into the bin.

8. Yeah. Agree.

Something else bothers me even more. This won't affect only feral druids. All classes will experience changes to their previous interactions, meaning that all of the acquired knowledge and theorycrafting players have done for the 10 classes over the last 14 years is now thrown into the bin.
    Ughhh... One blow to the head is enough for tonight, i don't even wanna find out what they're gonna do to my other chars.
    What initially was a big disappointment now turned into a total disgust ;(

9. Thank you, Warmane, for blessing us once again with your unearthly wisdom. I always thought that this server stands out from the rest (and from the blizzard) with something. I initially planned to never play classic and stay here with the leftovers, but that will change from now. I saw this server as something different, with gm's that want to make it play different from classic/retail. Once it was true: Harder content, easier leveling, timewalking and a community of passionate people that like to min max and have fun. But it seems like your vision has changed, you've softened, maybe you're just too afraid classic wrath comes and you will die out. But what's the point to make changes like this one? Maybe to attract players that will play classic? Why can't you just make something different and refreshing, and keep a community of loyal players thruought classic. This way that won't happen. Ruining a class that requires the most skill to play just to make it more random. Where's the skill in randomness? You tell me. It's like dictating how a class should be played. Retail vibes. I dare you, double dare you to remove "/spit" from the game. That's how blizzard intended anyways.

10. Here is another comment from another dev on the bugtracker for the GotW clearcasting issue.

From Bigpwn :
    "The change was indeed intended based on reliable data of how the talent "should" work, however after looking at a bunch of WoL logs from 3.3.5a the chance for GOTW to proc OOC seems significantly higher than the data suggests it should be.
    Taking another look at this and probably adjusting this soon. "

THERE MIGHT STILL BE HOPE FOLKS!
    Please note that he specifically mentions that the proc "seems SIGNIFICANLY higher" than what we have now.
    And for crying out loud, yes it better be significanly higher because yesterday night when i was still trying to proc clearcasting from GotW, there were times where i would LITERALLY empty my whole mana pool in an attempt to get clearcasting.... and i would get nothing.
    To say that GotW clearcasting is currently nerfed into to the ground is a massive understatement.

Let's hope they fix this ****.

11. The status of the bug report changed to "pending". Can someone test GotW pre-pull?

12. Just making a small bump.

Yesterday, I participated in an Ulduar 10 grun and used GotW pre-pull and during the bosses' downtimes. I was able to confirm that the nerf was reverted and that GotW is able to proc Clearcasting with an increased probability again. Although this sounds like a relief, I must admit that I'm still feeling uneasy from all of this. Well, for starters it's not clear what else has changed in favour of a more modern version of the game. One of the lead developers mentioned that they will announce the changes in the changelog, so I suspect that other classes will also be affected. Secondly, after the revert to the nerf to GotW I was able to confirm another bug concerning the Clearcastings. Before someone gets a heart attack, I should mention that it's something small, and it doesn't impact our damage output negatively. However, OoC used to function flawlessly before the recent changes, and now we don't know what kind of "adjustments" have been implemented to its enablers after the fix. I guess time will tell if things have gone back to normal.

I'm taking my words back concerning WotLK Classic:

Originally Posted by Bigpwn
    Like I've mentioned above we are still looking at 2010 data over the classic data, in this particular case the source was just very reliable like I mentioned but still turned out to be wrong in some aspects which is why we are adjusting again. Our goal is not to imitate classic but we do use it as an additional reference for certain data points that we are lacking.

The goal here wasn't to nerf the Gotw interaction or to mimic classic it was to bring it closer to what it was like in 2010, the change was a larger one that happened to also affected Gotw.

However since logs from back then show it proccing on every single cast in 25 man raids we are adjusting it back.
    Edited: July 17, 2022

13. Just making a small bump.

Yesterday, I participated in an Ulduar 10 grun and used GotW pre-pull and during the bosses' downtimes. I was able to confirm that the nerf was reverted and that GotW is able to proc Clearcasting with an increased probability again. Although this sounds like a relief, I must admit that I'm still feeling uneasy from all of this. Well, for starters it's not clear what else has changed in favour of a more modern version of the game. One of the lead developers mentioned that they will announce the changes in the changelog, so I suspect that other classes will also be affected. Secondly, after the revert to the nerf to GotW I was able to confirm another bug concerning the Clearcastings. Before someone gets a heart attack, I should mention that it's something small, and it doesn't impact our damage output negatively. However, OoC used to function flawlessly before the recent changes, and now we don't know what kind of "adjustments" have been implemented to its enablers after the fix. I guess time will tell if things have gone back to normal.

I'm taking my words back concerning WotLK Classic:
    are u sure? last night i was raiding in icc25 and spammed gotw like an ***** and i couldnt get CC proc at all

14. are u sure? last night i was raiding in icc25 and spammed gotw like an ***** and i couldnt get CC proc at all
    As I've said, I was in Uld 10 yesteday (8-11 PM EET), and I spammed GotW before the bosses. I didn't always get it on the first try because I was in a 10-man group, but I still managed to get it relatively often. I am trying to get in a VoA 25-man raid right now, but the battle has just started, and I have to wait a bit. Hopefully, the Horde wins it so I test GotW in a 25-man setting.

15. (I didn't use the GotVV-shift on the last trash due to lack of mana, so please ignore it)

(please don't pay too much attention to my misplays)

(please don't pay too much attention to my misplays)

As you can see, the GotW interaction is back. Well, at least this is the case on Frostmourne.

Music in the background -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrLKdMXhwv0
    Edited: July 17, 2022 Reason: added another video

12 Last