1. Wrathful shoulders requiremenet

Hey.

I am getting closer to 2050 in 2v2 rating and was very happy to buy Wrahtful shoulders soon then on Vendor I see "Requires 2000 rating in 3v3 and 5v5"

Is this a visual bug or something ? On Blackrock I bought shoulders for 2050 rating from 2v2 without problem.

I even see players in armory from Lordaeron that has shoulders but they don't have 2050 in 3v3 or 5v5 (only in 2v2).

So can I buy the shoulders as soon as I hit 2050 in 2v2 on Lord?

2. Hey.

I am getting closer to 2050 in 2v2 rating and was very happy to buy Wrahtful shoulders soon then on Vendor I see "Requires 2000 rating in 3v3 and 5v5"

Is this a visual bug or something ? On Blackrock I bought shoulders for 2050 rating from 2v2 without problem.

I even see players in armory from Lordaeron that has shoulders but they don't have 2050 in 3v3 or 5v5 (only in 2v2).

So can I buy the shoulders as soon as I hit 2050 in 2v2 on Lord?
    The requirement of 2000 perso- and teamrating in 3v3 for shoulders was the blizzlike standard on patch 3.3.5a. Lordaeron realm is supposed to be as close to the blizzlike standards of retail WOTLK so no, it is not a visual bug. It is they way the Warmane staff wants it to be.

Blackrock is a completely different approach to the game. You can even buy weapons on 2050 rating that require ICC 25hc raiding on Lordaeron, so you could have guessed that there are some differences. You also can't get shoulders (or T2 weapons) by playing soloque on Lordaeron, so you need the 2k rating in 3s or in 5s.

About players who have shoulders but not the required rating, maybe they did it in past seasons?

3. So we tried to do some 3v3 with my arena mate and his friend (they are not from EU).

5 min queue no pop, 10 min queue no pop, 15 min queue no pop, 30 min queue no pop and we gave up.

So how are we supposed to get the rating if queue never pops ; ?

Or is it a requirement aswell that you have to quit your job and wake up 3 AM to play or smth?

4. That's on the PvP community. It shouldn't be expected that a reward from 3v3 gets moved because people refuse to 3v3. You can't win a professional championship prize if you only play the amateur league.

5. But you can. You just have to choose Blackrock over Lordaeron.
    Even if you're mediocre (relatively) player with 2050 rating in 2s, you can buy full BiS including shoulders and Tier 2 PvP weapons. While Lordaeron tryhards will keep dreaming about so called 'professional championship'.

6. so called 'professional championship'.
    To clarify, I just called them that for the sake of examples, not to say either is superior.
    For me all PvP is in the same derp league.

7. Lol wut. We want to play for the "professional championship prize" but how can we when there are no enemies to play versus ;?

I don't get it how is it our responsibility that players outside of EU peak hours does not want to play.

8. It's really easy to "get it": if there are no interested "pros" around for a "professional championship" to happen, there's no "professional championship prize." If players ever are interested enough in getting the shoulders, they will play 3v3 to compete for it. Not a matter of responsibility, you simply are affected by the choice other PvPers make.

Imagine that all PvErs decided farming a certain Raid for best-in-slot gear was too much of a hassle, too time-consuming for those who had the skill, too difficult for PuGs, and no one did such Raid anymore. There were a handful of players, not nearly enough to fill a group at the same time slot, who still wanted that gear, though. What would you expect to happen if those few people started to ask for BiS gear to drop into an easier, shorter Raid that people still wanted to do?

9. And the reason that the "pros" are not interested in the professional championship is because the don't need to.
    Why should they play 3v3 if they can buy the shoulders from 2v2 (Blackrock) or donate for them, like I see 99% of players on Icecrown with shoulders without having the required rating for them. (there are currently 0 3v3 teams on armory ladder from Icecrown above 2000).

If shoulders were not a donor item and have the same requirement on BR/IC as on Lordaeron then I would understand your point, and we probably would be able to play 3v3 for the shoulders non-EU.

And that makes it impossible for Lordaeron non-EU players to get them.

The PvE argument is a totally unrealistic scenario that never happened through the history of WoW. It's not that we are pwned by a raidboss (or players) but its like the instance door is bugged and noone can even enter it (just like in our non-EU case where we cannot enter 3v3 arena because of lack of opponents).
    Edited: August 9, 2022

10. No, it doesn't make it impossible, makes it more troublesome, as you'd have to adapt to the time when people are doing it - if what you're saying is correct and there are just no non-EU "pros" around. Which, as much as you might dislike the fact, is fine. It just means non-EU players aren't interested enough in the reward, and as PvP competition is a community thing, might have consequences even for the few interested.

Just like if PvErs decided to stop raiding for BiS gear, be it because they already have it or can donate for it.

Either way, you have your answer. Multiple times. On a dead horse. Which now and then is brought up for a new beating, to the point this subject might become an auto-delete. If this ever changes - going against the server's design nonetheless - it won't be because some players kept asking for it.

PS: Oh and no, the PvE example isn't unrealistic at all. It has nothing to do with a bug. There are no bugs in 3v3, all it gets down to is that PvPers won't do it. The thing is only that PvErs don't stop doing content for fun/to help others when they are already geared, be it with drops or from using Coins. Something never happening because the playerbase for that content has a wholly different mindset doesn't make it unrealistic, it just elaborates on where the problem is.