1. FPS Stutters

Hi all, so I'm playing on a laptop with decent specs (especially for wotlk) and I can't go a few seconds (whilst playing. If I stand still and AFK then the stutters wont happen) without having an FPS stutter. I normally sit at 100 (capped) but every now and then it will dip to 40 fps for a split second and go back up to 100. I've tried solutions that I've seen on previous forum posts and none of them have worked for me.

Specs;

Intel Core i7-10750H (6 Core)
    GeForce RTX 2060
    16GB RAM

I've got an SSD and a HDD, I've tried the game on both and none of them fix the issue.

TIA!

2. I've tried solutions that I've seen on previous forum posts and none of them have worked for me.
    None of them will. Old software doesn't run well on new hardware. There's very few exceptions to this general rule.
    Best you can do is Large Address Aware the wow.exe and make sure the game is actually running on the RTX gpu, not the integrated intel one(you need to have gpu hardware scheduling enabled in display settings).

3. Hi mate, I've enabled the setting that you recommend however what in the hell is large address aware haha. TIA

4. Hi mate, I've enabled the setting that you recommend however what in the hell is large address aware haha. TIA
    Large address aware is a program that lets it use a bit more RAM than it usually would, since the game is 32 bit.
    I use it and it's fine.
    Here's the steps: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-aware.112556/

5. It hasn't fixed the issue but it's definitely helped, it happens more when I select stuff, bring up the map, talent tree, cycle through the spell book etc. When I open the talents and cycle through the specs it stutters quite a lot then

6. what i did and seen no more stutters was go to the video option and uncheck the hardware cursor input. the stutters quite immediately. still playing the game and havn't noticed but well see. try it out and see if that helps.

7. Hi mate thanks for your reply, I've not had that option ticked ever so that wasn't the cause haha but ty.

8. Any more help available on this? I've tried reverting my nvidia drivers and that didn't help. Its at 200 fps and it seems to be whenever the game "loads" something and it drops to around 40 and then back up

9. Leaving a message here in case someone figures out a fix for it, as I also experience the exact same issues and have tried the same fixes.

10. Reduce view distance? Cheap trick to boost FPS.

11. First of all, let me start by saying, I have had this issue before on a laptop and noticed that the cause was laptop.

Secondly, you shouldn't play on 200 fps! go to your video settings, set refresh rate to 60 and enable vertical sync. Go to effects and uncheck the 4 at the bottom.

Thirdly, make sure this issue isn't caused by an addon. Disable all addons and enable them one by one to see which one causing it.

12. Go to effects and uncheck the 4 at the bottom.
    If you disable "Projected Textures" you might not be able to see AOE in dungeons. Just be aware.