1. holy pala guide: how to play and skill him rly progress

THE PALADIN AS HEALER:

everyone asks the question.
    why should I play a healer that can only actively heal 1 target or is often seen as a tank heal.
    i would like to completely reject this statement.
    the paladin is by no means someone who focuses on tanks.
    he heals what needs to be healed, no more and no less. the fact that he often heals a tank is due to the ability flame of faith, but i'll get into that later.
    he gives his boon and the improved concentration aura and 3% crit. hit rating no raid support.
    nevertheless, he is an extremely strong healer.
    he has by far the highest heal and that's what makes him special.

RESSOURCE:

there are different classes that use different resources.
    this includes mana, runic power, energy, and rage.
    we as paladins use mana as a resource. utb unlike other classes and their roles, we have plenty of them.
    often over 40,000 mana.

ATTRIBUTES INTELLIGENCE:

our main focus is on intelligence.
    it brings us mana, spell critical hits, spell power and indirectly our mana regeneration through divine plea and the refreshment effect.magic powerfor us, magic power is the value that makes up our healing.
    but thanks to our talent holy guidance, we get 20% spell power from our total intelligence

SPEED RATING:

after Intelligence and spellpower, this is our next stat to keep our eyes on.
    it increases the casting speed of our holy light ability which basically takes 2 seconds to cast.
    means getting to 1 second cast time (with the effect of judgments of the pure) is hugely important to us.
    the faster you heal, the more effective you will be in the raid.critical hit ratingcrit hit rating is always a nice stat.
    it's nice to be able to heal out 30k instead of 15k, but with our naturally strong heal, it's not a stat to socket.

WILLPOWER/MANA REGENERATION PER SECOND:

you can omit these values completely.
    on the one hand, we don't benefit from willpower at all, on the other hand, mana per second is a nice value at first glance, but it hardly ever happens that you could benefit from it.
    with the right way of playing you will NEVER go OOM (out of mana).

HIT RATING:

yes, a holy paladin can also benefit from hit rating. because his heal consists not only of conjuring up holy light but also of a judgment, which is why you also benefit from hit rating.
    unfortunately, it would be almost impossible for us to get 8% hit rating.
    but more on that.

PRIORITY LIST OF ATTRIBUTES:

for us only intelligence is important.should it happen that we have to socket something else for a meta socket, we only fall back on sockets such as intelligence + magic power, intelligence + speed or + 10% on all values.

TALENT BUILDS:

there are 2 skills here, whereby i would always prefer the first.
    the first spec is for MOST heal.

-

the second skill is important for a "raid protection" (raidbubble), but a lot of skill points are wasted that could bring you more healing.
    since the raid bubble is ONLY used for a total of 3 BOSSES, there is no reason for me to skill something like that.
    after all, it gives the whole 6% more healing received, but the healing druid and tank paladin also have this.
    so you could put these 3 points somewhere else.

-

GLYPHS:

#substantial glyph - flame of faith
    #substantial glyph - holy light
    #significant glyph - seal of wisdom
    #minor glyph undead tracks
    #minor glyph blessings of kings/wisdom
    #minor glyph lay on hands

MAIN SKILLS:

#blessing of kings (gbok) - gives all buffed targets all attributes increased by 10%
    #blessing of power (gbom)- grants attack power to buffed targets
    #blessing of wisdom (gbow)- grants buffed targets every 5 sec.
    #manasignet of corruption/retribution - deals damage over time to a target, effect stacks up to 5 times
    #signet of command-deals damage to all targets
    #seal of wisdom - chance to give you mana when attacking
    #signet of light - chance to heal you when attacked judgment(s)
    # 3 judgments with different effects (similar to seals) deal massive damage
    #divine request- gives you manahallowed shield- absorbs damage
    #holy light - heals a target (glyph- also heals the group for a bit)
    #holy sacrifice- absorbs damage from your party and transfers it to you
    #flash heal - quickly but weakly heals a target
    #holy shock - instant heal with large cooldown procs (light energy)
    #bacon of faith - heals the affected target with your healings cast (i.e. heal 2 lines at the same time)
    #purification of faith - removes a magic effect, a poison effect, and a disease effect.
    procc- light energy

ROTATION/PRIORITY LIST:

we always give sacred shield and beacon of faith to the main tank.
    as soon as the fight starts, we use our JUDEMENT OF LIGHT on the boss, since it gives us 15% more speed and we heal with it as well.
    before the raid, please always clarify with other paladins that you use the judgment of the light.
    it is best to always have the seal of wisdom active and stand with the followers.
    you can use your auto attacks to regenerate mana.
    as soon as the damage hits the raid members, you start healing with holy light, thanks to our holy light glyph we even heal the party.
    once your mana drops to 75%, use divine plea for the first time, along with wrathful vengeance and divine inspiration (preferably in a combined macro).
    you must never forget that divine plea greatly impairs your healing, which is why you should be careful in advance not to have to use divine plea in critical situations.
    beacon of faith should always be used on the active tank, as should sanctifying shield.
    it is imperative that you keep flame of faith and hallowed shield upright on our active tank or it will die leaving you wondering why it died.
    the offtank (non-active tank) usually takes less damage, so you can take care of group members.only use flash of light when there is very little to heal.
    holy shock is also only used to defuse critical situations.
    if things get really tough, like on sindragosa and you notice the tank dies with the next hit, you can also use lay on hands, but always remember that this can only be used every 10, 15 or 20 minutes depending on the glyph and skill.
    so share it well.
    with experience, you will eventually be able to better assess the situation.
    here holy light is the main ability to use.
    always keep flame of Faith and sacred shield upright.
    you can use flash of light, for example, in longer boss fights in a 10er nhc.use holy shock and lay on hands only as lifesavers.
    use judgment of the light on the boss whenever possible.
    always stand by the melee fighters and autom. have attack on the boss active (right click on the boss)
    in rottenarm you have to be careful when approaching the boss, only heal after you've really used some auto attacks, otherwise the boss won't recognize you as a melee fighter!if skilled, use raidbubble only with the announcement of your raidleader, usually in professor plague murder 3rd phase, sindragosa 2nd phase and in blood kings in the flight phase.

MACROS:

here comes our macro for our mana regeneration.

#show divine request/use (if available trinket)/cast divine request/cast Divine inspiration/use wrathful vengeancehere's

another one to turn our holy shock into a real life saver in combination with flash of light as an instant heal thanks to the procc lightenergy

#show holy shock/use divine favor/cast holy shock

if necessary, you can still (if skilled) put your raid bubble with your 50% bubble in a macro.

LITTLE EXTRA TO THE PALADIN:

the plaguelord's bloodstained pants in the 25er ICC at rottenarm is BIS for you.
    yes, despite the hit rating.it has by far the best values, especially since the approx.
    120 hit rating gives us the remaining 2% hit rating on our judgments, which means that the trousers are an integral part of the paladin BIS equip.
    due to the lack of experience of most players, you will hardly get these pants in a rnd raid, so there would still be 1 pants from fauldarm from the 10ner HC that you can also use if necessary or a pair of heavy armor pants (whose name and drop I forgot) you can also use the trousers from a tailor/blacksmith etc. with the values.
    BIS is also the fabric waist for you from ICC 25er HC.
    however, one can also fall back on belts of blood nova HC.in Ulduar 25 you get panora's Request as a trinket, since it's getting hard to get it, you can use aberkus from the airship 25s, darkmoon card grandeur (90 Int) or meteor crystal from Ulduar10, also BIS is the talisman of resurrection for 50 triumph emblems.
    in the BIS equip you only wear the 2-piece bonus head and shoulders!normally i didn't want to say anything about BIS equip, but I had to make an exception here because many players are hardly familiar with the palaheal or have really dealt with it and i like the healpala very much!

BIREFLY ABOUT THE TRINKETS:

padora's request is BIS because, in addition to intelligence, it also gives you spell power when procencing.
    however, it has a cooldown of 2-3 minutes.
    in comparison, there would be the meteor crystal, which gives you 3 int more and gives you mana when used.
    and here comes the point of why pandora's request is better.
    ss you can read above, you will never get to 0 mana with the right way of playing, so using the meteor crystal will not bring us anything.
    so you would have the equivalent of 751 spellpower more every 2.5 min, which can never be procen at the wrong time with bosses like BQ, Sindra, LK.
    anyone who doesn't even begin to play the holy paladin like that as described in this guide.
    should better delete himself immediately or give me his account.
    you will never master your character like that and learn what it really means to play progress.
    i've been playing world of warcraft since the us beta 2004.
    and also worked as a gamemaster on official servers for 6 years.
    you can trust me and play it the way like it is right or not.
    but please stop spreading such lies about the holy pala on the server.
    such as not using judgment of light.
    or the one disac is needed otherwise you have a **** skill.
    whoever taught you that. has absolutely no idea of holy pala.

and now i wish u guys all a rly nice day and have fun with whatever u do. =)

kind regards Nyor!!!
    Edited: August 2, 2022

2. I will go delete my hpala now, I was doing it wrong all this time.

3. I will go delete my hpala now, I was doing it wrong all this time.
    it's not bad, but it's time to change something.
    i play now 3-4 months on this server.
    and only hear stupid babble from other players.
    like for example the holy paladin doesn't use judgment of the light....
    he should use wisdom.....for mana reg was his argument.
    but that u reg as hpala with auto attacks and with divine request he probably forgot it or didn't even take it for true
    i can only laugh about it, although it would be more like crying.
    so i thought i`d just post the guide

4. Don't take it personal. That's him trying to be friendly.

5. Guide is a great effort, despite it being hard to absorb. But you should explain things like hpalas duty to put light on targets other palas cant reach(shambling, keleseth and such), you have 40 yards range, don't you? That would actually be useful, instead of you losing it because you cant get higher irrelevant number on meters. In 10mans It's literally the same if tank uses light and you use wisdom judgement.
    Edited: August 2, 2022

6. I'll just ignore pretty much everything regarding what you said in that guide.

The guide itself is hard to read, hard to follow sometimes. Seems like it was done within 20 minutes or less.

You say you've played since beta, and that you would've been GM for over 6 years. That should probably be seen on the guide, either via bringing out in-game knowledge, more 'professional' formatting, and knowing skills' proper English names. This screams a lot of "I did write this guide on a whim, after a random guy said something wrong about a Holy Paladin".

7. THE PALADIN AS HEALER:

everyone asks the question.
    why should I play a healer that can only actively heal 1 target or is often seen as a tank heal.
    Nobody asks this.

[referring to mp5 and spirit]
    you can omit these values completely.
    on the one hand, we don't benefit from willpower at all, on the other hand, mana per second is a nice value at first glance, but it hardly ever happens that you could benefit from it.
    You get no benefit from spirit, however, you get full benefit from mp5. This should be clear and your statement here is misleading.

the second skill is important for a "raid protection" (raidbubble), but a lot of skill points are wasted that could bring you more healing.
    since the raid bubble is ONLY used for a total of 3 BOSSES, there is no reason for me to skill something like that.
    after all, it gives the whole 6% more healing received, but the healing druid and tank paladin also have this.
    so you could put these 3 points somewhere else.
    The "raid bubble" you're referring to is the strongest raid-wide damage reduction cooldown in the game. Improved concenctration aura only provides bonuses to Moonkins casting wrath and affliction warlocks casting shadowbolt during pushback AoE/direct spells (which almost don't exist). This talent is almost entirely useless. Not specing imp. Lay on Hands is pure monkaS material.

#substantial glyph - flame of faith
    No such glyph.

as soon as the fight starts, we use our JUDEMENT OF LIGHT on the boss, since it gives us 15% more speed and we heal with it as well.
    You use the judgement that is free or the judgement that is less crucial to provide. The reason being that you want to judge the least amount of times possible (basically only upkeeping the 15% cast speed) and not waste healing GCDs.

BIS is also the fabric waist for you from ICC 25er HC.
    The bis waist is the one from RS 25hc.

also BIS is the talisman of resurrection for 50 triumph emblems.
    It's good but far from bis.

padora's request is BIS because, in addition to intelligence, it also gives you spell power when procencing.
    however, it has a cooldown of 2-3 minutes.
    It's not bis. Not for regen, not for throughput. It sits somewhere in the middle and should be used if you don't have the actually best trinkets. Also, the internal cooldown is not 2-3 minutes...

and here comes the point of why pandora's request is better.
    ss you can read above, you will never get to 0 mana with the right way of playing, so using the meteor crystal will not bring us anything.
    so you would have the equivalent of 751 spellpower more every 2.5 min, which can never be procen at the wrong time with bosses like BQ, Sindra, LK.
    I'm starting to feel like this is a troll attempt. The things you've written above are so blatantly false it's hard to decide whether to laugh or cringe. Meteorite provides you (assuming optimal use and fully raid buffed) > 160 mp5 when averaged out. Not going oom is some major bull**** that can only be said by people that have never really raided anything challenging.

anyone who doesn't even begin to play the holy paladin like that as described in this guide.
    should better delete himself immediately or give me his account.
    you will never master your character like that and learn what it really means to play progress.
    i've been playing world of warcraft since the us beta 2004.
    and also worked as a gamemaster on official servers for 6 years.
    you can trust me and play it the way like it is right or not.
    but please stop spreading such lies about the holy pala on the server.
    such as not using judgment of light.
    or the one disac is needed otherwise you have a **** skill.
    whoever taught you that. has absolutely no idea of holy pala.
    This is just embarassing.

8. Look at this guide as him reaching out for help, no need to slaughter him with facts, it's better to propose things and questions, so he reaches facts and knows "why" it's like that.

9. bro no i heal a ****ing 10 nm alone when i use light because the grp heal that i made with it
    and the tank needs wisdome to get mana and dont go oom.
    Blessing of Sanctuary is useless
    it just doesn't scale with Blessing of Kings.
    you don't need to buff it at all.
    A pala tank uses Divine Plea before beginning the boss fight.
    and because of his skills it is active for the whole Boss fight.
    He doesn't even begin to be interested in the verdict of the light
    Edited: August 3, 2022

10. Bro do u heard anythink about RAID SETUP?
    u have a 30% Buff in icc so its 30% more dmg and more heal.
    if u rly goes oom then sorry but ur a fu** noob :D
    u have enough mp5 reg because totems and builds of other.
    all what u write here is so stupid idk why u waste ur time.

11. ur are one of the guy who use wisdome judge.
    i hope all the time that i can trigger u guys :D :D
    did u ever heal a 25nm icc alone as hpala ? :D

12. I'm the guy who understands that I need to do judgement once per minute, while it lasts only 20 seconds on target. Going by your own logic that mana regen is not important, you have to use wisdom judgement, so other paladin can use light and have 100% uptime.

I hope to get some logic out of you, maybe with some examples on bosses or something. Let me make an example: obviously superior is your "second build", but if you put 2 points in imp. wisdom buff, instead of devotion aura that gives literally nothing - every person with mana in raid gains 3000 mana over a LOD fight. So why do you build it with 3/3 devo aura? What's the use?

13. For what i need Wisdome Judge ur a Hpala u cant be oom :D :D

14. For what i need Wisdome Judge ur a Hpala u cant be oom :D :D
    That just means you have not found the right int<>haste ratio for you, doesn't it?

15. Sorry but this is by far the worst holy pala guide I have read ever. (But your english is very funny and creative when it comes to rename abilities. My all time favorite: professor plague murder... best name ever).
    I have played holy pala since wotlk, I have read nearly 30 guides in different languages and talked to several really really great paladins. Some of them had a some very basic tips back then ... and some really outdated tips. Just do the math by yourself: If you using divine plea (divine request?) your healing is reduced by a huge 50 %! In MOST circumstances you are not the only healer in the fight and I'm sure you didn't use this ability in a high dmg phase. So why can't you use several of this seconds for refreshing your judgement, maybe one or two small heals, or hitting the boss for even more manaregg? Why would you waste 50% of your trinket CD, your bright wings and of the manareduce? Nothing makes sense anyway. Your manareduce is a 3 minute cooldown. You could pop it early if the fight lasts longer than 3 minutes or directly after divine plea to top the group. With your tipp you will just burn all your precious cooldowns for the sake of 25 % Mana. Isn't that a bad deal?
    The other thing that sounds strange is how often you say that pala heal can't run oom (if played right). But you didn't say what "right" is. I played my pala really really wrong back than in icc (and I will do it definitly again!). Everyone was "omg ... you can't play FoL Pala" ... "omg ... you can't play haste pala"... "omg.. you can't run oom as a pala" ... but yes I could and it was the most amazing playstyle ever! Stacking so much haste that FoL is reduced to 0,9 seconds will outsmart nearly every other heal. Your heals are fast, no fear of dying tanks because you heal faster as the bosses can hit. You have to skip the gcd, thats most important but if you are able to do this you can make everything you want (like healing all tanks icc 25 hc Blood Prince Council by yourself because the other efficient raidhealer is having a baby or stroke or something). You can supplant like one or two other healers ... for more dps. Give it a shot and try it for yourself but please do the math before very precise to when is best time to use your cooldowns.

So all in all I would recommend reading another guide than yours.

12 Last