1. Event reward suggestion

Hello! I have a suggestion for reward for some events. The reward that can be in range on many rewards.

It is to teach the person with the engineering profession the following spell: Red Smoke Flare
    https://wotlkdb.com/?spell=30342

As far as I know, this spell was removed from trainers early tbc and there is no recipe that teaches this spell. One reason was that people in those days liked to spam it. It is currently obtainable from one vendor in blades edge mountaints with limited quantity(1)

As I have seen tier 3 items been among the reward during christmas, I don't see any reason not to include Red Smoke flare.

What do you think?

2. I don't see any reason not to include Red Smoke flare.
    ... you're saying why yourself? It was removed as a spell because people abused it to be annoying and spam it around.

3. There are several smoke flares available in the game tho. White, Green and Purple - and all of them can be used to be obnoxious at the auction house (I have done it every time after leveling engineering to 350 cause I'd have dozens of flares LUL)

4. There are several smoke flares available in the game tho. White, Green and Purple - and all of them can be used to be obnoxious at the auction house (I have done it every time after leveling engineering to 350 cause I'd have dozens of flares LUL)
    So your point is... "people can be annoying, why not let them be annoying with something that was removed from the game too?"

5. It is currently obtainable from one vendor in blades edge mountaints with limited quantity(1)
    play the game how it was intended to be and just buy it if you want it ?
    I don't see the issue here honestly. . .

> edit
    also, due to how lighting works in wrath. the red flares are *way* more obnoxious than the other flares. which is why it was removed by blizzard to begin with. leaving it as a single quantity per server to make it actually useful; not to annoy people aimlessly.
    Edited: August 10, 2022 Reason: additional counter argument

6. ... you're saying why yourself? It was removed as a spell because people abused it to be annoying and spam it around.
    So TBC was released how long ago? 15 years? Technology has progressed far since then and with other games in mind. Even for the fresh 16 year old who started playing here, no? And given I suggested it as an event reward, it would be in the hands of even fewer people. I think it would lead to some "ooooh its red!" on Discord, making it a fun perk.

Although in your defense, those able to create it could make a big buissness into selling those if people care that much, but is that realistic?

7. What technological advances have to do with any of it? Does having a faster computer somehow make it less annoying when spammed...?

Either way... "leading to some "ooooh its red" on Discord" most definitely doesn't fit the bill for the "a good reason" condition in the suggestions rule for custom content (yes, adding back something that for this expansion doesn't exist is custom content):

Custom content - If there isn't a good reason for it, don't post it. We normally have no interest in custom content at all.