1. Banned for "Ninja looting in dungeons"

I want to hear your opinion on this ban:

So story goes like this:

I saw someone making last call weekly quest (Razorscale MUST DIE - ULDUAR 10) on Tuesday so I wisped him "Frost/Unholy DK 6k+". Leader than started speaking in some weird language and telling me something like that UN HOLY/ UN HEAL? and invited me after that. No one ever said BOE reserved or anything. After first boss (Flameleviatan) BOE dropped (wrist with hit chance for casters) and when I saw that someone pressed NEED on it I also did. I won. After that some RESTO druid started whispering me something like: "gimme gimme I need for OS its for my OS, ill report you for ninja looting". When I checked him he was pretty geared. So I said Ill check AH and than pass BOE if it is something cheap. He just ignored me after that. I checked AH and price was around 800g.

My opinion is that he did not even needs that item but he was greedy for couple of golds and he got mad when lost roll.

Keep in mind that no one ever said BOE or anything reserved "just quick weekly quest".

Sorry for bad grammar, Vrle.
    Edited: November 9, 2022 Reason: typo

2. Have you actually been banned for this?

3. Being chaotic: No rules set - do as you please.
    Being lawful: You don't need caster stuff as Unholy.
    Being neutral: Healer needed DPS item, might as well do so myself.

Since no rules were set (which is every RL's job to do so), I'm leaning towards chaotic approach.

4. If you got banned, they provided evidence.
    I wouldn't be surprised if among the "speaking in some weird language" part you were told rules you ignored or something. You could also not be telling the whole story, which is way often the case when threads like this show up.

5. Yes Im banned for 5 days.

Leader was like this:

Unholy Un heal
    Heal?
    Something something
    Heaal?

And invited me after 3-4 min.

6. Explain

Im sure it laguage wasnt rules at all. But anyways I think Ill have WIM msg hisotry to post after I get back access to accout.

Surely I think rules should be displayed in English.

Also leader had no problems with that I won item only that Druid.

7. Surely I think rules should be displayed in English.
    It's on you to make sure you understand fully the loot rules for the run or to leave otherwise.

Either way, again, for you to have been banned a list of unedited screenshots had to be provided as evidence in a report.

8. By official rules of ninja looting man that reported me broked them as others that clicked NEED. Im only guilty for winning it.

9. By official rules of ninja looting man that reported me broked them as others that clicked NEED. Im only guilty for winning it.
    Losing a roll: trying.
    Winning a roll: doing it.

10. Wait, wait...

So you've been banned for participating and winning a GROUP LOOT on BOE ? No shot, I refuse to believe this, how is this a bannable behavior ??? If this is really all there is to it, then I cannot wrap my mind around it.
    In just scenario the druid should have paid some golds for it, if he really needed it that much, I mean it's BOE, every raid member can profit on that item no matter what, even if you cannot wear that piece of equipment, you are still eligible to roll on that BOE aswell plus I doubt there were somekind of rules on a weekly run in Ulduar, so if it wasn't stated otherwise before starting the raid then all BOEs are free roll, atleast that's how it usually works.

Also there is no point of making an appeal ticket for 5d ban as it takes them up to several weeks to reply on a ban appeal anyway.

I'd say that you are just unlucky and frankly this situation is highly questionable.

11. No no, it makes perfect sense. If you want to take item for sale - you press GREED. And "everyone is pressing NEED" is not an argument.

12. That's a perfect world you live in though.

I mean I understand that logic, afterall that's how group loot was designed in the first place. But in 99% of pug ICC runs, people usually press need on BOEs which they reflect onto other runs such as this. I'm not defending any side, I'm just trying to say being banned for a behavior which has became somekind of a "norm" is harsh, but again, it's clearly stated in what's considered a ninja-looting, that's why I said the OP is just unlucky.

13. Point is that if everyone was ok with it and everyone does it - who reported him? And that means the ninja policy comes into play, then it's either black or white.

Go on and appeal your ban, they will probably upgrade you to "ninja in raids" which is 30 days instead of mercy you received(only 5 days). Or maybe you are full of baloney and got banned for something else completely.

Just read the warmane rules, ask your raid leader CLEAR RULES and play by them. You will never ever get banned.

14. Or maybe you are full of baloney and got banned for something else completely.
    It is a ban for ninja in a Dungeon, it's even in the thread title.
    I thought he had just written that wrong after all this talk about a specific Raid, and had missed the 5 days line, but with that in mind it's clear it had nothing to do with any Raid from the start.

12 Last