1. How to fight AH Bots

Hello ,

So its getting pretty frustrating. Trying to sell gems on ah and its kinda impossible while these bots are online and sometimes they are online 0-24....

Atm there are 8-9 or more ppl in stormwind targeting the auctioneer from outside the auction house.

They undercut you in under a minute....

I did record them take SS etc and all i get is that sarcastic gm answer that their "gnome inquisiton" will look into it bla bla and strike them down and nothing happens.

I tryed undercuting alot but most of them dont undercut then or they simply buy the gem and put their higher price again. (In both scenarios you loose money)

How do I know they are boting? Same ppl more or less allways , sometimes from different characters staying online 10+ hours undercuting gems , undercuting literaly every 1-2 mins.

Problem atm is that they are staying outside Ah in stormwind and you cant even record their same movement / pattern since they aint moving at all but are simply targeting the Auctioneer from outside and interacting with it and are also in range of mailbox 0-24...

How to deal with this?

2. Are you the guy whose name starts with "v" who accused me this morning of botting?

Some of us do really spend the time there, you know...

3. Can you read properly what I wrote again ?

You are online for minimum 10 str8 hours and undercut every time in under a minute??? I think not so pls...And when i say 10 hours its an understatement...its sometimes 15 or even more hours...

And while its not important I'm not the guy with the name starting with "v" .....

4. I can only talk about myself, but I do spend hours and hours sometimes using "anonymous" characters, and undercutting quickly is easy with addons.

Precisely the reason that we use lower levels is to avoid the abuse that some people hurl at us because of undercutting - we don't want to be harassed on our level 80s. That doesn't mean that we are bots.
    Edited: August 6, 2022

5. Yea I know Its quick & easy with addons I also personaly play & enjoy to play the AH for years now...but this is simply getting annoying sometimes...

6. I agree with you, and I wish it wasn't like that, but the only way to make any gold in the auction house is to undercut all day, so that's what some of us are doing.

And I don't think it's a new phenomenon, it's been like that since forever.

7. Its not new just new ppl discover boting+auctioneer+targeting the auctioneer from outside ah in stormwind.

Then these new ppl go berserk and it can be annoying for days until they sell all the gems and this can sometimes last for days..

8. Just stay away from gem market. It's volatile, undercutters, 1copper dudes, high deposits. Your gem expires once, you can barely come out even, twice and you are in the red.

What advice I can give, is stop undercutting. Wait for the wave, the pendulum swing, or call it whatever. Think in weeks or months, not some going nuts undercutting few gems to get paid in 1hr, of coarse you stay poor with a plan like that.

9. I agree with what you said about the gem market: it sucks because of undercutters, extremely low margins (it's impossible to find lots of uncut gems at reasonable prices) and especially deposit costs. But, generally, undercutting works perfectly well: you can sell everything today. And then tomorrow, and then the day after tomorrow. No need to wait for waves.

10. Just stay away from gem market. It's volatile, undercutters, 1copper dudes, high deposits. Your gem expires once, you can barely come out even, twice and you are in the red.

What advice I can give, is stop undercutting. Wait for the wave, the pendulum swing, or call it whatever. Think in weeks or months, not some going nuts undercutting few gems to get paid in 1hr, of coarse you stay poor with a plan like that.
    Well I personaly get my gems from alchemy characters with xmute mastery so its worth it , especialy with full jewelcrafting.

But man there are days like today when i got stacked 200-220 gems and I put them on Ah and the same scrub undercuts them in 3-4 mins all 220 epic gems ...

Then I remove & put again but guess what he then undercuts again in 3 mins all 220 gems. So this happens 3-4-5 times and I just quit since at this point i keep loosing deposit for 12 hours for 220 gems is alot lol

And what you said trying to play the epic gem market its almost impossible since the mentioned ppl...

I mean its no like this every day but yea there are days you cant sell almost nothing cuz of a few bots

11. Haha, dont nuke the market up with 200 gems, literally everyone MUST undercut you then.

When I clean out gems form my transmuters, i just post 3 of each "useful gem". I come back later, top it off so there are 3 of my gems posted. Never cancel them. Don't undercut too hard, post them under someone who posts 200 gems. If you are in 1-2 page after 1 coppers, you are golden, don't bother about 5-10-15 dudes who undercut you.

12. Haha, dont nuke the market up with 200 gems, literally everyone MUST undercut you then.

When I clean out gems form my transmuters, i just post 3 of each "useful gem". I come back later, top it off so there are 3 of my gems posted. Never cancel them. Don't undercut too hard, post them under someone who posts 200 gems. If you are in 1-2 page after 1 coppers, you are golden, don't bother about 5-10-15 dudes who undercut you.
    Its never a problem to sell them tbh on tuesday & wednesday since raids reset + on sat/sun I sell litearly everything each time but once and a while like today a scrub boting like this guy emerges and its hell....

Like I said its not all the time but it happens , what i think it happens someone lends him and shares hes accounts with alchemy toons then the guy gets a hold on some gems... I just dont understand the boting part , undercuting and selling like there is literaly no tommorow but well..

13. Well you can't really say he is botting, the moment you can - report and he will be removed.

14. I have been noticing something: a level 3 character that posts stuff and undercuts aggressively. After 8-12 hours, the character is deleted, and a new one takes its place. I know it's always the same one because it always posts the same stuff (like drums). I reported to no avail. Now there is no way for me to prove that it is a bot, but the constant deletion/creation of characters is certainly suspicious.

15. Welcome to the group man. Bots are everywhere and apparently GM's don't do anything about them. It kinda encourages the bot users. I've reported many and nothing happens to them.