1. why are GS requirements for raids so massively inflated?

I see people demanding 6k GS, or 5.5k GS for most raids. How on earth are we supposed to gear up if they won't even let us raid? Also, the reason they demand such a high GS is because they just wanna be carried. Oh wait maybe I should do that myself. I'll start organizing raids even tho I'm only like 5.1k and will demand 5.5k GS. Hmmm, this is actually the right idea. In this way I can raid and get geared up

2. Also, the reason they demand such a high GS is because they just wanna be carried.
    That describes the majority of VoA raids I've been in.

3. okay so I'm gonna do this weekly. VOA 25 and TOC 25 are easy to get into so i don't have to organize those two.

Weekly raid quest is pretty easy to get into as well.

I'll organize personally each week

ICC 25 HC rep farm
    TOC 10
    VOA 10
    OS 10

Any other raids i should be doing at 5.1k? Ruby Sanctum is too difficult as is ICC 10 or 25 so i won't be trying for those or organizing for those.

4. It's easier to carry someone in 25 than in 10. But then if you know what you are doing, it won't be so bad.

5. what's the protocal for reserving a piece of gear? Like how do I type it? Let's say i want to reserve Plate gear that has strength as the main attribute, for a fury warrior DPS, how would I go about typing that in the raid invite in chat?

6. Usually people just name the item reserved. For VoA you can include caveats like "warr PVP res". You can always join global and trade chat to watch the nonstop spam for a bit. You can also get Atlasloot to check who drops what and even link items just to ensure everyone is on the same page.

7. Usually people just name the item reserved. For VoA you can include caveats like "warr PVP res". You can always join global and trade chat to watch the nonstop spam for a bit. You can also get Atlasloot to check who drops what and even link items just to ensure everyone is on the same page.
    sounds like a hassle and i dont wanna risk getting banned for "ninja looting", so i'll skip the reserve part.

8. That's the right thinking. Those who organize get what they want. Those who just wait for someone else to do all the work and invite them will just cry about GS requirements, reserved and whatever else. But still join those raids, which is hilarious.

And about reserved items, as long as you make it CLEAR what's reserved before the raid starts, it's all good, anything goes. Players will be informed and will be able to make a cchoice to leave if they disagree.

9. Pug raids used to have a "dps test" on mobs before boss fight and kick people who was not performing like they should, it was very common practise but somehow leaders stopped doing it and just raised the GS limit instead, less work I guess. I do that sometimes in ICC still and I get rid of a lot of wierd people who I dont even know what they are doing.

if someone is to report you for ninja looting they need a printscreen of your global message, otherwise it's invalid, you can basicly say LFM ICC 25 Every single item reserved" and you can not be banned for it, if people choose to join you on those terms its up to them.
    The whole ninja looting rules can be read here: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2651922

I make my own loot rules on my raids, i post them after raid is full and everyone is ready and people seem to appreciate it more which also means they stay in the raid, (Like Hunters does not have priority on leather items, unless if no one wants it, Fast 1hand weponds for Frost DK's is not prio etc. on transmog runs everyone can reserve 1 item each and they will have prio on it, just a few examples) yesterday before weekly raid reset I did a full icc 25 normal clear with a 5,3k+ gs req, even had some under that, it was a very low geared raid but people stayed after some wipes and learned tactics and got it done.
    Meanwhile you se the 6k gs+ limit raids where leaders reserve everything they can before it comes untolerable and cant even pass professor putricide 25 normal, with rage comments that make people leave and raid over.

I got tired of the way pug raids was being led and started making my own instead, but I never had an issue about ninja loot reports being made even when sometimes I get some rage comments and threats to be reported from someone who thinks he does deserve that hit rating item on his disc priest for example.

10. That's the right thinking. Those who organize get what they want. Those who just wait for someone else to do all the work and invite them will just cry about GS requirements, reserved and whatever else. But still join those raids, which is hilarious.

And about reserved items, as long as you make it CLEAR what's reserved before the raid starts, it's all good, anything goes. Players will be informed and will be able to make a cchoice to leave if they disagree.
    Indeed, this is the right way. Okay so i'll just start organizing raids then. If anyone complains that the leader (me) is only 5k, i'll kick them and replace them.

11. People should always armorycheck leaders and not join those who are asking for a carry like the op in this post. You should meet your own requirements and if you feel your gear is not good enough for content then do lesser raids to gear up. You dont need 5.5 for icc25. 5k is more than enough. Especially on icecrown with buff.

12. 5k is more than enough. Especially on icecrown with buff.
    In general, yes. Most players however get to 5K GS "too fast" and are absolute scrubs. Reading BiS lists and gemming ArP on their 5K Fury Warriors, reaching 500 ArP.

There's a big difference between 5K "I know how to play, and I know the raid" and "This is my main, I play really casually. I come from retail. What is ArP?"

13. People don't know how to play.
    That's why they ask so much gearscore.

14. Because players doesn't know play in 2022 that's why, so they ask for better gear to compense the fact they are noob
    Easy to prove that, it's more easy for them to clean ICC nm than ToC lol

And because of the ICC buff, because of this **** buff they don't need to learn to play as well as a real try harder

15. And because of the ICC buff, because of this **** buff they don't need to learn to play as well as a real try harder
    They still die if they don't follow tactics on some bosses. Buff or no buff.

Here's one example why ppl ask for higher GS:

15K HP slow learner takes a 15K hit due to a regular mechanic. They die.
    17.5K HP slow learner takes a 15K hit due to a regular mechanic. They don't die.

A slow learner makes 5K DPS with a 5K character.
    A slow learner makes 5.5K DPS with a 5.5K character.

Thus higher GS is always better, right?

Too bad those 14K HP good players with 4.8K GS doing 8K DPS won't get invited, because GS demands are too high due to slow learners.

12 Last