1. Window mode strangely bugged

Hey everyone,

today somehow my settings were reset, i have no clue why.
    now I have the strange bug that if I start the game without admin rights, it starts in fullscreen, if i start in admin mode it starts as the config.wtf says in window mode.
    how comes that if I start the wow.exe without admin rights, it gets some weird other configs, especially which configs does it lead? How can I fix this?
    Have read a lot Threads now, but no one had exactly that problem, i mean its stated right as window mode in the config.wtf, it just doesnt load it without admin rights.
    I have already checked the User rights, and normal user has all rights just as admin has.
    Also "run as administrator" property doesnt work. I can even delete the config.wtf and it still works and doesnt create a new one. it only uses the config.wtf file in WTF folder if i right click the wow.exe and run it as admin

update: also my addon changes depends on starting the wow exe without or with administrator mode, i have no clue why

Greetings
    Edited: August 19, 2022

2. okay, final update and solution: somehow if I start the game without admin rights, it uses this path to the WTF folder, where the graphic, Macro and Addon settings are defined:
    C:UsersXXXAppDataLocalVirtualStoreProgram Files (x86)World of WarcarftWTF
    and not the WTF folder inside the WOW installation folder, this one is only being used if I start with admin rights...

maybe someone can explain why and how ^^

3. It's called UAC Virtualisation: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/oldne...02-00/?p=91681

You shouldn't install WoW in a location that requires it to run with administrator privileges. The game is not designed to work that way.