1. "1 week ago", what will warmane do when people cant buy their 3rd ShadowMourne...

2. Since the donation is down and I'm somewhat new to Warmane can someone tell me the rates for coins and what are the price brackets or is there not price bracket meaning we can just donate any amount and the website will just calculate a coin amount based on that for us?
    So each coin is a dollar basically, its like $1 = 1 coin and a lil bit of tax as you gotta transfer it to euros
    so its around $10.50 for 10 coins

3. Hope so. I'm an old player now having doubts as to what will become of warmane in the future. Your silence does not stop me from thinking that its Blizzard related specially when the donation page went down, you know, copy right? You can't profit from contents you didn't create. They can do that to the donation page, let alone the entire game since they own it. I'm having doubts as an old player, how much more for new comers.

4. Hope so. I'm an old player now having doubts as to what will become of warmane in the future. Your silence does not stop me from thinking that its Blizzard related specially when the donation page went down, you know, copy right? You can't profit from contents you didn't create. They can do that to the donation page, let alone the entire game since they own it. I'm having doubts as an old player, how much more for new comers.
    My thought as well. Hope we are wrong.

5. Hope so. I'm an old player now having doubts as to what will become of warmane in the future. Your silence does not stop me from thinking that its Blizzard related specially when the donation page went down, you know, copy right? You can't profit from contents you didn't create. They can do that to the donation page, let alone the entire game since they own it. I'm having doubts as an old player, how much more for new comers.
    Blizzard can't really do much because they're using different server and client and making modifications on top, so 3.3.5 is in the grey area of abandonware, neither strictly legal nor illegal.

6. But in the end, it's good for business for some people that have tons of coins and selling them behind warmane system :D Especially for scammers :D

7. But in the end, it's good for business for some people that have tons of coins and selling them behind warmane system :D Especially for scammers :D
    Can't wait for the flood of "gifted coins" sent by "my friend/sister/fiance/deceased grandma/platypus" that "didn't arrive."

8. So big daddy Blizzard pulled out his giant cokadoodledoo to warmane, and donations kaput?

9. Blizzard can't really do much because they're using different server and client and making modifications on top, so 3.3.5 is in the grey area of abandonware, neither strictly legal nor illegal.
    Based. Now fix it so I can buy a Shadowmourne.

10. Seems to be the case. I had my post removed from this thread when I mentioned that it looks like it might be Blizzard putting pressure on them. If not, the team should come out with an official statement about what is going on rather than just culling posts about it lol

11. Actually never mind, my post wasn't removed. For some reason it didn't show up before. Perhaps a caching issue. (I can't edit my original post)

12. My room-mate orders prescription drugs without a prescription from an online pharmacy overseas, which is illegal under US law. He pays with bitcoin - they have a very efficient bitcoin payment system which a company like Blizzard could never do anything about. I'm not saying this is the best option for Warmane, but as long as crypto exists then there's no way Blizzard would be able to cut off all payment options for a site like Warmane.

I'm not saying Blizzard is behind all this- I accept Warmane's assurance that it's not. But those of you worrying that Blizzard is powerful enough to cut off all funding options for a site like Warmane are simply wrong.

13. My room-mate orders prescription drugs without a prescription from an online pharmacy overseas, which is illegal under US law. He pays with bitcoin - they have a very efficient bitcoin payment system which a company like Blizzard could never do anything about. I'm not saying this is the best option for Warmane, but as long as crypto exists then there's no way Blizzard would be able to cut off all payment options for a site like Warmane.

I'm not saying Blizzard is behind all this- I accept Warmane's assurance that it's not. But those of you worrying that Blizzard is powerful enough to cut off all funding options for a site like Warmane are simply wrong.
    The issue isn't that Blizzard is "cutting off" payments, its that they can threaten legal action that will overwhelm Warmane into closing down. Legal action is most powerful when they can prove that the company involved was profiting from their work.

First ... 678910 ... Last