1. Class homogenization

Are classes really homogenized from Vanilla/TBC, or is it just a conspiracy theory? I am a new player here and i played a little bit to get a feel of the class (Orc Shaman), and from what i can tell is that playing through the first 10 levels of the game it is not much of a difference except that spells use less mana to cast. I only played Vanilla before and a little bit of TBC, pservers and official, and i see these "wotlk homogenized classes" complaints a lot. Can someone enlighten me? Do classes really feel the same when you are near level cap or is it just fake news from haters of the expansion? The only things i have noticed so far is that spells take less mana and the starting zones have nerfed mobs (from red to yellow). But it also feel like that some open world pve content is also buffed, aggro range for example, not just the dungeons and raids as it is stated on the server description...

2. I disagree that classes are homogenised. That started happening many xpacs further.

>The only things i have noticed so far is that spells take less mana and the starting zones have nerfed mobs (from red to yellow).

Yes, that is correct. But that has little to do with class homogenisation, no?

3. I just added a few things i noticed along the ''class homogenization.'' Thanks for the answer. I like that it is a x1 server, i like to take my time leveling. I really like the server, it is smooth and A LOT more populated than every other pserver i ever played on, and there is a constant flow of new and returning players, and also alts.