1. Random bans

Hello everyone, I wanted to discuss how bans happen. I've been playing on the server for a long time and, like many people, I probably have several accounts with several characters. Almost every second self-respecting auctioneer has an account with a character or character on the main account, which is at the auction. Those who farm skins or ore, herbs have separate characters so that the main character learns the best for himself. I sold symbols and fish. I did this in my free time while watching movies using a second monitor and recently I got a ban, it was during fishing, I did not use any programs or scripts. I just got labeled a fishbot. No one bothered to verify the veracity of the ban, explain the reason, contact me, make sure that I'm a living person and I'm sitting at the computer catching fish. Is it against the rules to have a character just for fishing? I understand that most likely nothing can be done, even more I understand that no one will explain to me who cares, a pirate server, no one owes you anything. I understand that there is a problem with botting on the server, as I have seen flying druids gathering herbs. But you need to somehow make sure that it is a bot or not. It's just so stupid that you can get banned for nothing.

2. You were reported, you were investigated. You were found botting based on evidence.

Not responding isn't evidence, that doesn't even count. Otherwise 90% of the players are botting solely based on that logic.

You can make an appeal every 30 days.

3. Usually if you get banned for those reasons it's because the GM looks at the list of running processes and bans you if he finds something suspicious (such as autohotkey, etc).

4. Either A: You were fishbotting and got caught and recieved a legitmate ban. Or B: False ban, happened to me as well, I was in all honesty exploiting. I used the mount-jump glitch that existed since vanilla WoW up untill WoD(Warlords of draenor) before Blizzard themselves finally fixed it. And I got banned under "hacking" and accused of using "Script editors/Memory injectors" been on the server since 2016, 1k+ donor and I would never risk my account by hacking on it. Used a simple mount-jump exploit. So yeah after that, sort-of lost faith in "some" of the staff here.

My ban was legitmate had it been under "Exploiting" but I was banned for "Hacking" and when I filed a support ticket, they said I was using script editors/memory injectors.
    Edited: October 3, 2022

5. False ban, happened to me as well, I was in all honesty exploiting. I used the mount-jump glitch that existed since vanilla WoW up untill WoD(Warlords of draenor) before Blizzard themselves finally fixed it. And I got banned under "hacking" and accused of using "Script editors/Memory injectors" been on the server since 2016, 1k+ donor and I would never risk my account by hacking on it. Used a simple mount-jump exploit. So yeah after that, sort-of lost faith in "some" of the staff here.

My ban was legitmate had it been under "Exploiting" but I was banned for "Hacking" and when I filed a support ticket, they said I was using script editors/memory injectors.
    So... you were breaking rules, but your ban got mislabeled, therefore "false ban"?

That's not how anything works. Your ban was legitimate, you were doing something illegal and got caught or reported. You appear to try to make it sound like you got banned for something "worse" than what you were doing, when when the fact of the matter is you broke our rules and got punished, be it exploiting or hacking.

The GM at most just didn't know about the glitch - which is perfectly acceptable, they aren't expected to be some sort of "exploit encyclopedia" even on retail - and filed it as what could have achieved the same thing, using hacking software to displace your character.

On the matter of the topic, listen to what Ohie is saying. And keep this off the Forums, complaining about bans here is also against rules.