1. Inactivity Cleanup and Gold Squish for a healthier economy | Ban amnesty

Greetings Warmane community,

With a new year now upon us, we're taking the opportunity to do an inactivity cleanup that will refresh our realms and free up forgotten names, the cleanup will target a wider range of character levels this year, we will also conclude a 50% gold squish at the same time to promote a healthier economy.

The inactivity cleanup and gold squish will be conducted and completed on February 27, 2024. Downtime is expected to be multiple hours.

• Level 1 and above characters that have not been played since January 2023 will have their names removed.
      • Characters will have the opportunity to choose a new name upon the next login.

• Level 1 - 50 characters that have not been played since July 2023 will be removed.
      • Premium accounts are exempt from removals.
      • Characters that are guild masters will result in the guild being removed.

Characters that have their name removed will have the opportunity to select a new name upon the next login.

The gold squish means that every piece of gold that exists in circulation, be it in the character's inventory, mailbox, guild bank, website trading system or otherwise, will be simply halved. Exactly as it was done last year too.

Onyxia will be excluded from this year's squish and cleanup.

On the same date, we will proceed with an amnesty for banned users. This will mostly involve users who have been banned already for a long time.

Conditions for the amnesty will not be made public, the staff has specified several internal requirements for users to be unbanned and we will make sure that the amnesty will not involve any significant rule-breakers or any recent banned players.

Kind regards
    Warmane

2. can't wait to make bank this squish.

3. how many millions worth of chopper pipes you want me to stack !?!?

4. Will this also involve resetting statuses to "in good standing" for eligible accounts?

5. Will this also involve resetting statuses to "in good standing" for eligible accounts?
    Probably not. That happens automatically a year (365 days) after the ban expires.

My guess is the ban amnesty is more about accounts that have been banned for years, or minimum of perhaps +6 months.

6. Finally, I am waiting that gold squesh long time, 30k for trash chocker is too high ...

7. If they actually want to make a difference with gold squish they need to cut 75% of the gold in circulation every other year...otherwise people will just keep making obscene amounts of gold on the server abusing the squish mechanic over year long period

8. I'd suggest considering name cleaning premium accounts and 55 level death knights once in a while as well. People are camping names for years and sometimes trying to sell them as well.
    I understand donations are making server work, but there are already benefits such as no queue on Icecrown or endless death knights.
    One of the most annoying things is making a new character and coming up with a name, only to see it's taken by level 7 that wasn't played for 3 years.

9. I'd suggest considering name cleaning premium accounts and 55 level death knights once in a while as well. People are camping names for years and sometimes trying to sell them as well.
    I understand donations are making server work, but there are already benefits such as no queue on Icecrown or endless death knights.
    One of the most annoying things is making a new character and coming up with a name, only to see it's taken by level 7 that wasn't played for 3 years.
    We already do that. Premium accounts are exempt from having level 1-50 characters removed but they're still subject to the name cleanup. The reason a lvl7 can appear to not be played in 3 years is because people associate achievements with activity while the cleanup checks when you last logged in.

10. I'd suggest considering name cleaning premium accounts and 55 level death knights once in a while as well. People are camping names for years and sometimes trying to sell them as well.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this. If you haven't played for a year, you should lose your name no questions asked, even if you have a premium account, and so should you if you just sit on names.

11. We already do that. Premium accounts are exempt from having level 1-50 characters removed but they're still subject to the name cleanup. The reason a lvl7 can appear to not be played in 3 years is because people associate achievements with activity while the cleanup checks when you last logged in.
    Can't you just ban people from putting up lvl 55 dks? Make it so you can only put up twinks / lvl 80s.

123 ... Last