1. Player toxicity while farming

I've been playing here almost two years and come across many crazy horde players but just earlier today I came across something that tops it all. I've been farming in Scholazar Basin and that place is like a busy intersection. Now I see a familiar name. He often killed me on my (then) main farmer (low gear pala) which is why I recently leveled up mining on my pvp druid char so I can survive this kind of crap. Today I was world pvping a rogue on my priest and he flew down & killed me. Then later on I logged on my druid to farm and came across him twice (lo & behold he was chasing people down) so I killed him twice. Both times he ended up /whispering me on his alliance char saying I was a bot, he recorded it all, and took screenshots while we were pretty much laser eye-ing each other on /whisper chat.

Players being annoying? sure half the server is like that, but this? This is account-threatening. I mean wtf?

I didn't give af because I didn't do anything wrong, so I pretty much kept telling him he could go knock himself out reporting me. Is this a common thing at all? Do people treat you like this on warmane? The little ragekid in me feels like I should report him back for harassment or something because lunatics like this are often relentless and won't stop this bullcrap, but adult me is telling me to just kindly disregard & carry on. What do u peeps think??

Edit: nvm it's been half a day and the guy's definitely out of his damn mind
    Edited: November 28, 2022

2. I can't believe that in 2 years this has happened with you only once. If you didn't use bots, why would your account be threatened? Just don't reply to him, if he keeps it up, put him in ignore list. If he starts to log alts to whisper and doesn't **** off for days, report him for harassment.

3. This might be overly negative of me but here I am assuming warmane just goes with it all the time with stuff like this and that this kind of behaviour is what gets people banned as bots. I mean idk how things actually are here because I've seen many clips of botters on wotlk classic and judging from how they behave alone, I don't think I've ever actually seen a single bot during my time here at all (or they're just too good for me to recognise D:). Those mass broadcasts in chat about bots being banned are quite frequent and this crap I dealt with today is making me think hey, maybe these bans happen to (falsified) reports too. But if warmane doesn't ban people because of someone else's sheer stupidity then I can definitely rest easy

4. If you aren't running a bot you have nothing to worry about, just someone reporting you wouldn't automatically turn into a ban.
    Now, if you are running a bot, and this is just some sort of attempt to preemptively misdirect, don't expect it to keep you from being banned.

5. If you aren't running a bot you have nothing to worry about, just someone reporting you wouldn't automatically turn into a ban.
    Now, if you are running a bot, and this is just some sort of attempt to preemptively misdirect, don't expect it to keep you from being banned.
    oh by all means inspect & interrogate me lol. Nothing to hide here. I'm just glad a moderator and a forum veteran actually said something reassuring

6. lmao, this is what makes wow fun. Competing against others for resources.