1. 3 Weeks Ago  

BG PREMADES - Calling on Warmane for change

Hello everyone,

I would like to raise the issue of the state of battlegrounds in the higher up gear bracket being effectively unplayable for the Horde.

To be specific, alliance joining pre-mades with 10+ people. Every single battleground you join is made up of 10/15 pre-made players (always alliance) wearing best in slot gear.

Straight away, it becomes a GY farm for the entirety of the match. Does that sound fun for anyone involved? Of course it doesn't, Alliance included.

To give you an example, Alterac Valley is the worst offender. A premade of 20-40 Best in Slot characters devolves into 25-40 mins of res, die, repeat at a single graveyard.

The result of this is an entire battleground worth of horde players that will leave the BG, get the deserter buff and most likely not want to requeue a bg again because why waste your time?

I have had this account on Warmane since 2013, so i am not a brand new player to this server. I have seen this server change in many different ways, so i know change can happen.

I have never felt compelled to post anything on these forums before, but at this point i am likely going to stop queueing battlegrounds completely because it truly is not even worth my time at this point.

SUGESTION/SOLUTION:
    What i am calling on warmane devs to do is not ban premades entirely. I think that would be a bit drastic.

BUT, what i am suggesting is limiting premade groups to only 5 people MAXIMUM. You can not queue with more than 5 players at one time.

As previously stated, there is a large percentage of horde players who aren't motivated to do pvp, purely because of the terrible state BGs on warmane is in.

This change would not only create more balance, but it will also attract more players to queue therefore increasing server population and reducing queue times which would benefit more people than just the donors.

I am interested to hear someone from Warmane directly comment on this suggestion.

Thank you.

Ps. This is not a rant about blackrock relentless gear to be perfectly clear. Dont come back to me with the "both sides" argument.

2. 3 Weeks Ago  
    i think this problem is the most proposed topic in this section since i play here. I fully agree with you regarding how degenerate the situation has become. But I don't think anything will be done about it, also because it's not easy to intervene without distorting the game. Unfortunately, a large number of people are apparently very interested in engaging in absolutely unbalanced games against opponents much weaker than themselves and are perhaps even happy to be able to ruin the game so much for other players. I don't think it's really possible to influence the attitude of individual players towards their way of playing.

3. 2 Weeks Ago  
    The only change that can possibly balance bgs is the no-faction bgs.
    >people would no longer queue in groups because they would randomly get into the ennemy 's faction regardless of their own.

4. 1 Week Ago  
    Why would you play horde when you can play both factions on alliance using merc mode? 70% of the players voted for that, and now 'oh, PVP is dead there is no balance.' This is not the staff's problem, players WANTED this.

5. 1 Week Ago  
    there is a simple solution to fix all of these problems- make mercenary mode obligatory for everybody- that we we will get faster ques, AV misery will end (they will not be able to get into the same faction in AV) - and those who complain about not liking horde characters can just model it to look like alliance :)

6. 3 Days Ago  
    there is a simple solution to fix all of these problems- make mercenary mode obligatory for everybody- that we we will get faster ques, AV misery will end (they will not be able to get into the same faction in AV) - and those who complain about not liking horde characters can just model it to look like alliance :)
    many will agree i believe, including me :) Force mercenary everywhere for everyone, please.

7. 3 Days Ago  
    I'm an alliance player myself and yeah, the situation is pathetic, I hate it when I end up in the same group with them. boring mindless HK farming which I do not enjoy.

but the system is fine. make your own premade, get bettter, avoid them, they don't play the objectives - you will win the AVs anyway (RIP on IoC). join a PvP guild, queue specific BGs those 10-15 people ones. plenty of options. enable merc morde.

also if you end up with them on the same side then you can cap the graveyard they are camping. you'll learn some new words, epithets, diseases you may suffer from in the future and with whom your mother sleeps. spice up the game.

8. 2 Days Ago  
    Thats a 30man premade right there, propose a fix - remove AV/IoC from rbg que, nobody likes that, leave that for premade vs premade bgs, or force mercenary everywhere, so they could not all just disable it and play farm :|
    Edited: 2 Days Ago

9. 2 Days Ago  
    Thats a 30man premade right there, propose a fix - remove AV/IoC from rbg que, nobody likes that, leave that for premade vs premade bgs..
    Whoa that is really cool, what's that UI?