1. what time you guys will do gold squish and clean up activity?

2. Pretty much, but 5 years or 2x, 3x inflation is just a guess, yearly squish makes this kind of inflation invisible. We can see prices steady for a bit, then everyone starts to crank up the prices because squish is approaching. Prices might actually go to July levels and stay there forever if there wasnt squish. Or not. Point is, we don't have enough time to see where the "balance is". There is no way prices would just raise forever, same as it was before "the incident" when this was Molten. Prices just didnt raise, it went to a certain level and stayed around that for years.

3. But there is a typical mathematical error here. Percentages works differently. To fit 50% squish per year you must to be drained for about 33% every 3 months (4 arena seasons). Is the idea still good? :)
    33% every 3 months is 132% of your yearly gold earned drained. Percentages don't work differently if you know how to do math. Draining 12.5% of a players gold every 3 months is the same as draining 50% once a year. You're still losing 50% of your yearly gross. Idk who taught you math but draining 132% of your yearly gross income of gold isn't anywhere close to a 50% yearly drain while 12.5% every 3 months is the exact same as 50% once per year. It is still a good idea just because you can't do math lol.

4. you both wrong:

25g - 12.5% [-3.1g]
    21.9g + 25g - 12.5% [-5.86g]
    41.04g + 25g - 12.5% [-8.25g]
    57.79g + 25g - 12.5% [-10.34g]
    72.45g

25g - 33% [-8.25g]
    16.75g + 25g - 33% [-13.77g]
    27.98g + 25g - 33% [-17.48g]
    35.5g + 25g - 33% [-19.96g]
    40.54g

5. you both wrong:

25g - 12.5% [-3.1g]
    72.45g

25g - 33% [-8.25g]
    40.54g
    yeah I am wrong because you can't use gold cap as a base line cause the value doesn't change. I did mess up there but it's still closer to 30%- we just need to get it closer to 50%. Regardless of me getting stoned and doing math wrong on the internet, I think somewhere between 15%-25% there's a magic number that makes doing it quarterly work. And even if not, doing 10-15% quarterly, and it coming out to somewhere between 30%-40% yearly drain, still creates a better and more fluent stimulation for the economy.

But if we really want to address the elephant in the room- gold isn't a problem. Material hoarding is by far a much larger problem. They need to do an end-game material and BoE drain if they really want to fix it. Either way I think the 50% drain is just sloppy and it's doing more harm than good. Something needs to be changed. Change the percentage, change the frequency of them, drain items other than gold, do something other than this but this isn't fixing the economy.

6. I love yearly gold squishes, I always come back to game just to have fun on AH, I always make so much money its ridiculous. Hope you guys in the know do too. Enjoy this money grab to the fullest since its only 4 weeks to work it this year.

7. yeah I am wrong because you can't use gold cap as a base line cause the value doesn't change. I did mess up there but it's still closer to 30%- we just need to get it closer to 50%. Regardless of me getting stoned and doing math wrong on the internet, I think somewhere between 15%-25% there's a magic number that makes doing it quarterly work. And even if not, doing 10-15% quarterly, and it coming out to somewhere between 30%-40% yearly drain, still creates a better and more fluent stimulation for the economy.

But if we really want to address the elephant in the room- gold isn't a problem. Material hoarding is by far a much larger problem. They need to do an end-game material and BoE drain if they really want to fix it. Either way I think the 50% drain is just sloppy and it's doing more harm than good. Something needs to be changed. Change the percentage, change the frequency of them, drain items other than gold, do something other than this but this isn't fixing the economy.
    Why settle for quarterly? How 'bout monthly, or even weekly, if it's technically feasible? A negative interest rate will encourage everyone to spend instead of hoard gold, and will make the price hike less severe this time of the year. Many item hoarders don't actually use/sell their items so I don't think their impact is that big. I guess your intention is to increase the supply of goods in the market and see lower prices?

8. you both wrong:

25g - 12.5% [-3.1g]
    72.45g

25g - 33% [-8.25g]
    40.54g
    Yes, your truth. I had a calculation mistake. There is a 4 power equation, the answer is about 26%, 25 to be round

9. Well it is not all about percentages and frequent I guess, think about this perspective, expected downtime will be in hours.
    Each account has multiple characters, each character has multiple gold places in SQL i guess, so keep in mind that you can have money on auction, mail, character, also in "traveling" mail which is in between 2 characters so it is another string in SQL, and since I am beginner in wow I really dont know where else gold can be stored. But per character lets say 5 SQL strings, does not matter if it is 0 it still counts.
    And there are thousands and thousands of characters across the server, squishing every single string by 50% makes really long time (automatically with software) but even computer needs some time to do the math, this job would take a few hours to be completed.
    Now consider backuping databases for just in case things if something goes wrong. At the end I dont thin that people would like this to happen every month, and even more weakly...

10. I like the way we move. From whining to optimization of sql queries:D

11. For me gold squish is part of the game. I know about it, I manage my gold. I ensure how to regain gold in future after squish.
    For the last 5 years I was never squished. NEVER. I just spent it all on good things in the game, like Fast fly, mammoth, Portable holes.
    I've never bought mats, or stashed anything. I also never converted into coins at insane rates 5-6k gold / coin What the Fork?
    I saw the gold squish as neutral thing, neither good or bad.

As an average player, I don't aim at making millions of gold, I just enjoy the game and play carefully not to lose my hard earned gold.

That is for icecrown.

As for Lordaeron, I really hate it. Like Seriously, that realm can't make even 10% of the account of gold Icecrown makes in 1 year. Why squish Lord?
    Think about it for future squishes.

12. Well it is not all about percentages and frequent I guess, think about this perspective, expected downtime will be in hours.
    Each account has multiple characters, each character has multiple gold places in SQL i guess, so keep in mind that you can have money on auction, mail, character, also in "traveling" mail which is in between 2 characters so it is another string in SQL, and since I am beginner in wow I really dont know where else gold can be stored. But per character lets say 5 SQL strings, does not matter if it is 0 it still counts.
    And there are thousands and thousands of characters across the server, squishing every single string by 50% makes really long time (automatically with software) but even computer needs some time to do the math, this job would take a few hours to be completed.
    Now consider backuping databases for just in case things if something goes wrong. At the end I dont thin that people would like this to happen every month, and even more weakly...
    that's why if it was done quarterly then it should be done along side the arena reset. Not getting to play once every 3 months for a few hours isn't that big of a deal. We are talking maybe 12 hours max down time total per year. I'd much rather see it extended though, because draining in Feb makes this last year only 11 months between the drains. I think it'd be better if they extended it to 24 months, because you're gonna have people spending a lot of gold between years, and when the squish doesn't come, then the economy is going to stay simulated, or inflate but even if it inflates, the bubble will burst after they realize a drain isn't coming (unless Warmane tells them otherwise, then that'd defeat the purpose) but that alone would cause a very cautious, 6-8 months, between November-April. then at some point you become forced to play regardless of the anticipation of a drain.

13. where do i buy this, or any item that is 1:1?

14. probably the best question on the topic

15. what time you guys will do gold squish and clean up activity?
    this question need to be answered

First ... 56789 ... Last