1. Still waiting on Admin Response

I see this as the most harmful oversight in Icecrown with the easiest solution available.
    The fix would take all of 10 minutes and alleviate daily server discontent and global spam inquiries indefinitely.

Self-sabotage is an understatement at this point. Don't let a beautiful thing go to waste. Please.

If Warmane wanted a simple way to scare off new players, they're doing a great job by not incorporating this warning.
    Stop feeding players to WOTLK classic when all it takes is a simple message. Your reputation is too priceless to be tasrnished by something so petty and easily rectifiable.

2. Now this is a thread full of organic responses if I've ever seen one.

3. I see this as the most harmful oversight in Icecrown with the easiest solution available.
    The fix would take all of 10 minutes and alleviate daily server discontent and global spam inquiries indefinitely.

Self-sabotage is an understatement at this point. Don't let a beautiful thing go to waste. Please.

If Warmane wanted a simple way to scare off new players, they're doing a great job by not incorporating this warning.
    Stop feeding players to WOTLK classic when all it takes is a simple message. Your reputation is too priceless to be tasrnished by something so petty and easily rectifiable.
    If someone were to leave the server because of this, it might be for the best.
    The game is full of recurring timers, someone who is incapable of handling keeping up with something that happens once per day definitely would have a mental breakdown when faced with a bunch of cooldowns.

4. If someone were to leave the server because of this, it might be for the best.
    The game is full of recurring timers, someone who is incapable of handling keeping up with something that happens once per day definitely would have a mental breakdown when faced with a bunch of cooldowns.
    But that's from a perspective of a player that regularly plays the game and has become familiar with said timers. I believe the intent of this suggestion is to really inform the more casual player-base that might not be fully aware of the lag period that comes with the server reset or irregulars who are not familiar with it. It's more beneficial to have it, than not.

Someone that plays occasionally every now and then won't always have the timers or routine reset schedules imprinted in the back of their head. To be caught in the middle of a server-wide lag because of a lack of communication is highly inconvenient. I can see this inconvenience more pronounced for those type of players.

5. I believe the intent of this suggestion is to really inform the more casual player-base that might not be fully aware of the lag period that comes with the server reset or irregulars who are not familiar with it.
    If it was about an informative message like "The reset of daily quests and dungeon lockouts is happening right now, a brief period of lag is normal" I could understand. But people are even asking for countdowns? For something that happens every day, at the same time, when all sorts of global timers reset. Also, this isn't from the perspective of someone who regularly plays the game - I quit WoW long, long ago - it's just from someone who can remember stuff. I guess I'm weird like that.

6. Rebuttle

If someone were to leave the server because of this, it might be for the best.
    I know you frequently dismiss stupid suggestions, but this is one where you're effectively holding the entire player base at fault and compromising player retention over your reluctance to effortlessly incorporate a server warning message. It is overwhelmingly supported by the community, and if you think I'm exaggerating. login at 4am on world chat and see for yourself. Set your pride aside and do what's best for the server (maximizing player retention and PR) we all love and respect. I know you possess a semblance of humility somewhere in that disgruntled shell created by endless clown posts u have to address on a daily basis. We are all human and want the best for each other. Thanks for all you do and take care!

7. Wouldn't it make more sense to ask for the problem to be fixed? If it happens at 4 am it is possible that the developers are not aware.

8. Wouldn't it make more sense to ask for the problem to be fixed? If it happens at 4 am it is possible that the developers are not aware.
    People play in all different time zones, so there is a chunk of people that are active during the reset that would have the unfortunate situation of experiencing the lag period post reset. For casual players and irregulars who don't have the daily reset routine familiarized it's not a very pleasant experience. And from a development stand point, it makes sense yes, but it entails more effort versus simply implementing an announcement.

It doesn't even need to be a countdown timer. A simple announcement would suffice in my opinion. I just think this suggestion is definitely worth considering instead of outright dismissing it.
    Edited: March 1, 2023

9. Clarification

It's not a problem, it's necessary server maintenance. the problem is the the server gives no warning and self sabotages
    hes their own rep.
    Edited: March 1, 2023 Reason: spelling

10. Your'e not weird. You're one of the most active forum participants. Just speaking for myself and many others, there is no downside and it helps preserve warmane reputation as the TOP DOG wotlk server. Many small QOL improvements = domination of the competition. Warmane is capable, dont fall short from complacency.

11. YES it has been bugging me for years

12. The countdown suggestion is to prevent players from initiating a raid boss fight before the lag occurs and wipes the raid.
    Even less necessary than a countdown, it could say "In 10 minutes the server will be experiencing daily reset lag for ~2 minutes".
    Edited: March 2, 2023

13. Actually a really good suggestion !

14. Great idea, I fully support it and I think it's about time that something like this becomes realized.

15. i support you

i support you im aggree

First 123 Last