1. Account theft

I will start by saying that i never intended to make some kind of drama of the case, i actually had accepted what happened with not much trouble, after all i havent played the said robbed character in a while but it still was a kind of trophy char for me.

3 weeks ago someone gained access to my account, it was around that time that i had decided to start new character after a long hiatus on lordaeron. I logged my char to send some gold only to find out that it had been emptied out, thousands of eofs and multiple sets with tons of switching gear on a bis char.
    In my account panel i saw 3 different IPs requesting authentication, apparently they somehow managed to bypass the auth code and login anyway. For some reason they even requested 2FA removal. At this point i had changed my password and wrote a ticket about the situation.
    The information that i received was that stuff was mailed from my char to X char and that it might be char trade gone bad (basically accusing me of wrong doing) anyway i still asked if actions be taken against the said char, fully expecting to not get my items back but to get some kind of justice.
    It took 16-17 days to get another response which finally acknowledged that apparently there is some kind of theft problem which came with warning that if i have seen other players get their items back that they no longer provide that due to updated policy because of mass theft, but i will get some gold.

As i said i had fully accepted the fact that i wont get my items restored before i wrote the ticket, however i find it weird that apparently some ppl got their stuff restored, im a long time warmane player and i know to not expect to get stuff back in these kind of situations.

My problem with the whole thing is that i had to wait nearly 3 weeks to get x amount of gold back 2 days before the gold squish. While i appreciate the gesture as i had no expectation of receiving anything at all, to me it feels kinda deceiving to give me some gold 2 days before the squish.

I would like to know if there are other such cases.

2. The gold you got was gold that was meant to be squished anyway, isn't it?

3. The gold i got is of symbolic value compared to the things i lost. Given that the squish is in 2 days yea its meant to be squished.
    As i said the response i got included a warning which basically says that if i have seen people who got their items restored i wont get mine restored and got tossed some gold like a hush gold at maybe what they thought would be inflated number of which i will be happy even tho the squish is in 2 days amd i dont care about the gold. I actually asked for the people responsible to be investigated and banned i didnt expect to get anything back anyway, i just find disingenuous to offer me gold before the squish, while warning me not to pay attention to people who got their items restored.

4. Whaaat, I'm waiting 4 years for my 1.1m someone cleaned out of my acc. Actually I'm not, It's just a funny story. Pretty surprised they returned anything, seriously.

5. I'm surprised as well.

Surprised enough that I want screenshots of this ticket conversation where you were told you would get gold back, and to "not to pay attention to people who got their items restored" posted. Don't bother with any post that doesn't include that, this isn't optional.

6. If its allowed to post screens with staff conversation i will provide it. Should it be here or in private ?

7. Whichever. What I care about are screenshots saying precise and exactly what you posted here.

8. As you had made it public, I'll keep it like that. This is the reply you received, according to your PM https://i.imgur.com/95R7xyb.jpeg

You say it "clearly could be interpreted that way," but I just can't see how, besides of looking through disingenuous lens. You are clearly being told that a policy was changed recently, simply to avoid you trying to use older Forum posts from before that change to claim you wanted the same. There's no implication, even far fetched ones, that you got some gold returned as some sort of "bribe" to "not look at people who got items back." I'll give the the benefit of the doubt that you somehow misinterpreted that really simple text, not that you seriously came to our Forum making that sort of accusation.

9. I understand "Gold returned" as "you are getting back the gold they stole from you". Since you had that gold 3 weeks ago, that gold was going to be squished. By asking for the gold to be returned after the squish you are asking for twice the gold you had to be returned to you which makes no sense.

10. I suppose it could be misinterpretation but you have to admit the wording is open for interpretations, finding information doesnt necessarily mean finding it on the forum and i dont know how recent were the said changes. So i assumed perhaps there was a recent security breach of which my account was also affected and hence the changes.
    Also yes my 2nd post comes off as accusation of bribe because i assumed the things i did, that there was mass theft issue and i got left out due to recent changes even tho i wrote the same day as it happened.
    Didnt mean to come as hostile, you could say i was kinda bummed with the outcome which left a lot of room for interpretation.

No, the gold returned wasnt the gold i had.

11. I suppose it could be misinterpretation but you have to admit the wording is open for interpretations, finding information doesnt necessarily mean finding it on the forum and i dont know how recent were the said changes.
    No, I don't have to admit anything. Read your own screenshot, it literally says "if you have been reviewing the forums." What's open to interpretation about that, how can it not mean on the forum?

Also, no, there was no "recent breach" and what happened regarding 2fa has already been explained to you. But it was on the part of the reply you cut, so let me refresh your memory on Smyth's words: "2FA removal is requested within the retrieve page and does not require to be authenticated. You also didn't have in-game 2FA protection enabled thus they were able to login in-game with your username + password."

12. The part about reading the forums assumes the information could be old but the "recent increase in theft and recent policy change" implies that it is recent, therefore i could hypothetically find the same information in the forum as i would in game or discord thats my point.
    Yes i assumed some things to come to my conclusion, afterall i cant know what exactly recently means so the assumption would be that it could be as recent as my case and if the theft increase was so large that the policy had to be changed i would, again assume that its some kind of security breach and it could be ongoing .

I just asked myself, if there had been recent burst of theft and my account got recently robbed, could it be that recently actually means recently ? So i wrote my story and waited to see if other people had different outcome recently.

I was wrong about the 2FA, now i see what you mean by being possible to request the removal from the retrieve page.I didnt know that option existed but i also dont understand whats the point of it. It still sends the request back to my email and if i have access to my email i wouldnt have 2FA issues. Afaik you can disable 2FA from control panel as i just did and it didnt even require email confirmation and if i had issues with 2FA that would mean i dont have access to my email. Idk im a bit confused.

Anyway, hopefully i wont bother posting here anymore. I wouldnt like to deal with more hostility, its enough as it is.
    Edited: February 19, 2023

13. . .
    Edited: January 1, 2024