1. Looking for an addon which marks the players' bodies when they get raid debuffs.

For example, when I heal as a disc priest, I use grid2 (the backported version with the glow boarders) and can easily see who has, for example, Mutated Infection on Rotface.

I have DBM and can also easily see the name of the player with the debuff.

My problem is, I struggle to physically see the player amongst the chaos; so I don't know when they've reached the ooze. Necrotic Plague on Lich King is another good example when this would be useful. Even if I target the raid member using grid2, the green circle under their feet is still too small, and I'm still lost when looking for them. DBM puts raid icons on players too, but again it's too small. I want to really quickly an easily find the player.

I have tried to use PlateBuffs addon, which I thought would work to place a massive icon above the nameplate of the player with the debuff. The options clearly have a 'friendly' option. But it's not working. I've tested with another account acting as the friendly player. It works when duelling (if the options are set to hostile), but not without duelling (even if I engage combat).

So I've given up with that. I often tweak the code of addons myself, but the PlateBuffs is pretty big and I think it might be too much for me to tweak to get this working. Maybe there's a quicker solution?

Maybe there's some other addon I can use for this. A lot of addons do similar things, I wonder if anyone knows which addon I can try to get this to work for friendly players with specific buffs from NPC Bosses. I need to icon or visual to be pretty big so I can quickly identify where the player is with the debuff.

TLDR; basically I want a massive visual to tell me the location on screen of the raid member with a particular debuff in a raid (e.g. like Mutated Infection)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. DBM puts marks on people's heads. For me that's enough. Even then, if you have an understanding how the boss fight goes, you don't really need to... "see"... to know what to do and when to do it. That's way better than having a cluttered screen.

3. I solved it. I hadn't actually enabled friendly player nameplates. I just need to enable them for the fights I care about and PlateBuffs will work.