1. I feel Warmane should remember that on June 6th Blizzard will be launching Diablo 4 which, one would imagine, a lot of Warmane players will be logging in for and playing regularly for that month and a while after... if they plan on launching this new server in June then one can suspect that the numbers won't be as great as they could be on the server as there will be a number of players who will likely gravitate towards Diablo 4 (such as myself)... hope this won't kill any initial buzz and cause the players that do log on to be disheartened (due to low numbers) which might ultimately kill off the server in its infancy.

2. That's fine then, but it was never supposed to be an argument.
    "argument
    2. a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong."

Don't stop at the first definition of a word.

It seems like I'm not the only one that thought the moderator seemed aggressive and extremely suggestive. Since there seems to be two different wave lengths, when someone is talking about hoping for something like x1, and brings up it's been a while (which it has been COMPARED to other WotLK servers and not a no longer available TBC server), when you tear apart their justification for wanting and hoping for something it leads others into thinking that you have a bias or narrative against it.
    I'm a blunt and direct person. I'm also not part of the current generation or "in tune" with their oversensibilities and penchant for taking anything as offensive if it it doesn't come with enough sugar-coating to induce psychological diabetes. If you will take being told something straight up as biased, aggressive or whatever you might mean with "extremely suggestive," that's all on you.

Some people want x1, others want higher, and neither has any "right" to have their way over the other or has anything "owed" to them regarding rates. No matter what decision the Staff eventually makes, there will be people *****ing and insulting us, playing victim and prophetizing how it was a big mistake and THIS time we are doomed. There's no making everyone happy, and the decision will be made based on what's best for the server and the experience we want to offer overall, not on whichever rates we did or didn't host in the past.

3. "argument
    2. a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong."

Don't stop at the first definition of a word.

I'm a blunt and direct person. I'm also not part of the current generation or "in tune" with their oversensibilities and penchant for taking anything as offensive if it it doesn't come with enough sugar-coating to induce psychological diabetes. If you will take being told something straight up as biased, aggressive or whatever you might mean with "extremely suggestive," that's all on you.

Some people want x1, others want higher, and neither has any "right" to have their way over the other or has anything "owed" to them regarding rates. No matter what decision the Staff eventually makes, there will be people *****ing and insulting us, playing victim and prophetizing how it was a big mistake and THIS time we are doomed. There's no making everyone happy, and the decision will be made based on what's best for the server and the experience we want to offer overall, not on whichever rates we did or didn't host in the past.
    That's fine then. It seemed as though you had a favor for one argument or another. Thanks for clearing it up.

4. Is there an estimated date? the desire to play in the new progressive is BIG hehe...

5. how will the honor system work in classic?

will all 3 classic tbc and wrath be 3.3.5 but just to talent point cap?

for example classic arms tree does not have blood frenzy but in 2.4.3 and 3.3.5 it does.

3.3.5 for all or just original tress for each x pac?

macros and cc/dr improved in TBC from classic just wondering how its all going to work.

PLEASE add in rated battle grounds for TBC would be epic!

6. I'm still REALLY hoping for a temporary 1x leveling experience. I think unlocking the variable rates at a later date (a few weeks maybe?) or once all nine classes on both factions have reached 60 would be awesome! I'd love to enjoy the 1x for a bit, and then crank up to x5 or whatever the max is later on. It's great fun.

In regard to ganking and pvp in general being a "problem," I'd assume the developers aren't taking that paltry notion into account. PvP is a part of the game. PvE is a part of the game. The players who don't enjoy ganking being in the game are no different than the players who don't enjoy the game WITHOUT ganking. It's two sides to the same coin, and just as Obnoxious said, you can't please everyone. Whatever the longterm health of the realm favors should be what's prioritized. I'm not in a position to weigh in on that, and I'm sure the devs know better than just about any of us here on the forums :).

7. this whole thing feels like a cataclysm shut down 2,0

8. Damn everyone fighting and arguing here, all I want is more info for the new server.
    :'^(

9. I'm still REALLY hoping for a temporary 1x leveling experience. I think unlocking the variable rates at a later date (a few weeks maybe?) or once all nine classes on both factions have reached 60 would be awesome! I'd love to enjoy the 1x for a bit, and then crank up to x5 or whatever the max is later on. It's great fun.

In regard to ganking and pvp in general being a "problem," I'd assume the developers aren't taking that paltry notion into account. PvP is a part of the game. PvE is a part of the game. The players who don't enjoy ganking being in the game are no different than the players who don't enjoy the game WITHOUT ganking. It's two sides to the same coin, and just as Obnoxious said, you can't please everyone. Whatever the longterm health of the realm favors should be what's prioritized. I'm not in a position to weigh in on that, and I'm sure the devs know better than just about any of us here on the forums :).
    Who wouldn't wanna level with the homies at 2 in the morning on a weekend while this blasts in the background https://youtu.be/p9vHQ7yu-9A

10. The complaints about PvP are just Blizzard's poor game design choices. There's no reason why a max level player should be able to attack a level 25 player. There's no reason why quest NPCs and flight masters should be attackable.
    Do people hate PvP, or do they hate the spergs who camp Tarren Mill/Redridge every day for years?

Warmane could solve it very easily but it wouldn't be "authentic"

11. The complaints about PvP are just Blizzard's poor game design choices. There's no reason why a max level player should be able to attack a level 25 player. There's no reason why quest NPCs and flight masters should be attackable.
    Do people hate PvP, or do they hate the spergs who camp Tarren Mill/Redridge every day for years?

Warmane could solve it very easily but it wouldn't be "authentic"
    The solution for this is PvE type realm. This is pretty "authentic", because PvE realms was and still part of the game ;)
    This is a win-win situation (not for people who like to dictate how the game should be played for others, or how authentic it will be) There you go, turn the PvP on and go on a search of like-minded people. If player has no PvP mark, that means he is not interested in so called wPvP in the first place.
    Literally no one will be able to boycot PvE type realm and they will have to eat it.
    I said it once and i will say it once again. wPvP in wow is suffered a tragic death a long time ago :)

12. The complaints about PvP are just Blizzard's poor game design choices.
    And yep, there is also a reason why they basically made all of the realms PvE type.

13. Sounds great! I'm looking forward to playing on this new progressive realm with 3.3.5 mechanic. ??

14. That's quite a flawed logic, players dictating how others play is an issue, that's is intended, it's not an issue. What's next, players asking for a certain level, gear, role, price for items and trillion other things is "players dictating how others play". There is nothing wrong with the world being dangerous, it actually is a good thing. 10 dudes crying about being ganked 2 times is really stupid metric. And taking example from Activision as if that's a good thing makes me laugh every time.

People should think longer than 5 seconds about this, staff actually has some form of data, one FM season was pvp and one was pvp. Did that actually impact anything? Pve people did pve. Pvp people did pvp. Going out in the world and knowing that you can get killed is somehow bad? It doesn't matter. If anything i got the impression that pve FM had lower player count, as they sacrificed a part of the player count pie for nothing, but that's just my impression.

First ... 1321222324253373 ... Last