1. Blood elves, draenei, DKs available from the start would also be great. Also, I like the idea of leveling brackets

2. Blood elves, draenei, DKs available from the start would also be great. Also, I like the idea of leveling brackets
    oh no not the dks in vanilla, that would be the most hellish thing imaginable

3. I checked few comments about experience rate and I really hope it WILL BE 1x. I dont think this will be a realm based on the end-game content only, like Frostmourne, which is based only on WOTLK.
    I have never played vanilla and tbc and would be nice to start with XP rate 1. I guess just the ability of being able to change it to 1x manually would work, but it wont be the same.

4. I played on Warmane on and off since 2010, and I do hope it will always succeed as it gave me countless hours of fun. I also have a strong bias in favor of fm s4, so you know. That said, here are my two cents on the PTE project:

- While I admire the risks taken, blizzard already proved that going from vanilla to wotlk might fail hard, and warmane doesn't have the playerbase of blizzard;
    - If you introduce x1 exp rate for vanilla, anyone who can't play on a daily basis will almost never catch up. This might be a strong deterrence for someone (myself included), as I don't want to spend 3+ months levelling (otherwise, I'd have played ERA).
    - If you increase the exp rate, people will complain anyway.
    - If you use the old client, some class will be 'not much' fun to play.
    - If you use the new client, there is the chance that all contents will be steamrolled (although this point tied to the scaling ability of warmane's staff, as balancing everything from level 1 to 60/70/80 will require a massive amount of work).
    - If you keep the 40m raid composition, raiding might become a chore.
    - If you change the number of players required to raid, again everything must be rescaled accordingly - otherwise the content will be too easy/hard/boring.
    - If you make the server PVE, you will butcher the low level PVP vanilla experience, which is a big element of the game at those stages (although some players rightfully might prefer the PVE experience).
    - If you make the server PVP, you will force PVE players into lots of low level fights, which in vanilla might become really annoying while levelling (although some players rightfully love low level PVP). Blizzard could handle both server types due to the amount of players, but since Warmane's devs said that they do not want to split the population I bet that only one type of server will be launched - so either PVPers or PVEers will be disappointed.

Even though this means that my time on Warmane has come to an end, as I probably will not join the PTE server (overall, too time consuming), I whish you good luck with the project!

5. so warmane is going to do a classic -tbc- wrath server?
    this will all will be on the 3.3.5 talents? no dk until wrath atleats i would hope...
    time frame for this?
    has to be open world pvp server otherwise is a waste.

6. I still remember my noob rogue elf in vanila. Inspired from a famous rogue.
    I just started in new PvP realm.
    The moment I step in Ashenvale I saw big battlefield. Full of low lvl battles.The horde didn't want us to go anywhere.They were trying to lock us there as much as posible.As stealther ofc it was easyer for me to move to the town in the midle of Ashenvale.BUT it was hell :D
    Massive ally vs horde fight in the midle of the town. They were killing the quest givers,vendors,guards..and us.It was like: YOU SHALL NOT PASS :D
    We killed them, but they kept forming another attacks.
    I don't remember much after that it was long time ago,but you can immagine the feeling of this battlefield :P
    I hope the same for the new server.Hard and bloody way to 60
    P.S.
    if you think you can hide in the dungeons? Noo, the summoning stones are mini battleground too :)

7. Been away for quite a while, but this... This is a pleasant surprise to see. Looking forward to this! A great way to step back into Warmane, and a great time to re-experience vanilla, just like the old days.

8. Will there also be Vanilla and TBC on the Blackrock realm?
    It could have cross-realm BGs and Arena with the other realm.

My advice would be to make the progressive realm high rate. Not only increased leveling rates but also increased rates for honor and reputation.
    Our TBC realm Outland died because it was way too grindy. XP rates were fine but everything else was x1 and ppl simply don't have the time and patient to do these endless gold, rep and honor grinds in 2023. So I hope that you'll adjust all rates this time and don't do the same mistake like on the Outland realm.

9. everyone being confused as to "wtf dk in classic? we have wrath talents in classic/tbc?"

no

classic will be classic
    TBC will be TBC
    and wrath will be wrath.

it's quite literally what blizz has been doing for their classic servers, but now for warmane on the wrath client. WHAT DOES THE WRATH CLIENT MEAN FOR TALENTS ???

-nothing

all it means is that you dont have to download Classic to play classic. you can just download wrath, and play classic.

10. everyone being confused as to "wtf dk in classic? we have wrath talents in classic/tbc?"

no

classic will be classic
    TBC will be TBC
    and wrath will be wrath.

it's quite literally what blizz has been doing for their classic servers, but now for warmane on the wrath client. WHAT DOES THE WRATH CLIENT MEAN FOR TALENTS ???

-nothing

all it means is that you dont have to download Classic to play classic. you can just download wrath, and play classic.
    I doubt this. Supporting another client is a big undertaking. Likely warmane will scale content with 3.3.5 mechanics as they have successfully done in timewalking.

11. So is there anyone who is allready gatgering players to team with/guild ? Im up for some grind :D

12. I did play vanilla on 1x.

There is a reason sharding became a thing, it is impossible to play the game on one layer, because you will get in a mob-tagging fiesta. There is less content and even less players to group with, because there will be a lot less players around. It's just not fun, it's only nostalgia.

I think the XP rates should still be 7x to make it somewhat playable. People would be rushing through levels and zones faster, thus spreading out the playerbase throughout the world.

When the Gates of Ahn'Quiraj will start, the server will spend two months to farm scarabs to open the gates. That's the nail in the coffin for vanilla, cuz nobody wants to do that.

13. Maybe you'll consider implementing a system that increases the xp rate for you the more max level characters you have. So the first character has x1 rates but the second maybe x2 or x3 then the third one x4 or x5 and so on until you have x7 rates or something like that. And then also implement double xp events for those that find it hard leveling their first character.

Just a thought I've had for a while. I like leveling different characters, but it would be tortuous to level many of them with x1 rates. But I wouldn't mind taking slightly longer to level my first character.

14. everyone being confused as to "wtf dk in classic? we have wrath talents in classic/tbc?"

no

classic will be classic
    TBC will be TBC
    and wrath will be wrath.

-nothing

people asking if theres wotlk talents in classic, not bc of the 3.3.5 launcher since most already saw the video showing that u can have vanilla talents enabled, but its actually cuz 3.3.5 talents and quality of live changes are way funnier than vanilla ones, kinda like Lordaeron had when it first launched.

15. Maybe you'll consider implementing a system that increases the xp rate for you the more max level characters you have. So the first character has x1 rates but the second maybe x2 or x3 then the third one x4 or x5 and so on until you have x7 rates or something like that. And then also implement double xp events for those that find it hard leveling their first character.

Just a thought I've had for a while. I like leveling different characters, but it would be tortuous to level many of them with x1 rates. But I wouldn't mind taking slightly longer to level my first character.
    some people just dont care about lvling, its not our first time playing this game, many of us have played pservers for years why would someone wanna spend months to lvl a single char just cuz someone else wants to "explore the world", personally id rather have the chance to choose between 1-7x rates so who ever wanna explore the world its free to do so without having to gatekeep others.

haven't seen anyone give a reason for why x1would be good beside the "i like exploring the world" or the "chars can be sold for more coins" at that point ur focused on rmt and not on playing the game / server well being (pop).

First ... 917181920212969 ... Last