1. May 10, 2023  
    Another thing, that may be considered important, is a clear and strict roadmap for the progressive realm. This should include approximate timelines of every phase and final destination, whether this realm will remain on its own, or the characters will be moved to Icecrown/Lordaeron (not a bad idea, to boost Lorda population). Thanks.

2. May 10, 2023  
    You are welcome to disagree, but I find the leveling experience to be the only part of the game I enjoy anymore. Most people these days look at the leveling process as nothing more than a hurdle to get to the "real game". But this was not how it worked in Vanilla. The leveling *journey* was the game. Raiding, BGs, etc were an after-thought. You can talk smack all you want about this, but it's not going to change that after over a decade's worth of farming top-end difficulty raid bosses, dungeon spam, emblem/other currency farms, etc. I'm burnt out on all of it. It's not a challenge anymore. I'd rather sit back and enjoy my coffee while doing quests, grinding mobs and working on my professions.
    W mod, salute friend!

3. May 10, 2023  
    I also wish there's gonna be no less than 3-4 thousand active players, so that one might reach rank 14 in battlegrounds.
    I find it hard to believe they will be able to recreate the same honor system on a completely different client(3.3.5 in this case)

If i had to bet money id say gearing is gonna be completely different than what vanilla players are used to

Obviously would love to be proven wrong

4. May 10, 2023  
    If you want x1 exp, go play retail ;)

None is forcing you to play on x7 if it's what they decide (:

Look at Icecrown? 12k players always, so people are waiting in que to play at x7.

Lordaeron, never seen it close to 8k, atm it's 6.3k, which is pretty high for Lordaeron

Frostmourne was also 12k most of the time (when it were not in the "dead phase")

Lordaeron has tuned content, so did Frostmourne..

Alot of people also started on Frostmourne just because it was not full like Icecrown (They could have started on Lordaeron there will never be full)

5. May 10, 2023  
    One could then easily reply with "if you want x7, go play Icecrown ;)."

6. May 10, 2023  

Look at Icecrown? 12k players always, so people are waiting in que to play at x7.

Lordaeron, never seen it close to 8k, atm it's 6.3k, which is pretty high for Lordaeron

Frostmourne was also 12k most of the time (when it were not in the "dead phase")

Alot of people also started on Frostmourne just because it was not full like Icecrown (They could have started on Lordaeron there will never be full)
    what an absurdly short sighted take, how many players and filled realms did vanilla classic have compared to icecrown/frostmourne? people enjoy vanilla more in general, look at the recent explosion of that one vanilla server which shalt not be named, along with the vanilla hc realms and all. people are starting to realize that vanilla zones and leveling are just peak and that is why they are playing it so much.

7. May 10, 2023  
    One could then easily reply with "if you want x7, go play Icecrown ;)."
    Iam, and will not be playing on this PTE if it become a x1 :D

- but if it becomes a x7 I will for sure! and people can just turn there own xp down to x1 :)

8. May 10, 2023  
    and people can just turn there own xp down to x1 :)
    While true, it's disingenuous to act like that solves anything. Player populations, when it comes to rates, have a small slice who demands low rates, an equally small slice who demands high rates, and a huge mass of people who will play and have fun on either, caring more about other aspects of a server, such as progressing through old content for the first time ever, and just going with the flow. Even if "people could just turn x1," that mass of players who don't particularly care would be dragged by the x7 to keep with the pace of the server.

9. May 10, 2023  
    While true, it's disingenuous to act like that solves anything. Player populations, when it comes to rates, have a small slice who demands low rates, an equally small slice who demands high rates, and a huge mass of people who will play and have fun on either, caring more about other aspects of a server, such as progressing through old content for the first time ever, and just going with the flow. Even if "people could just turn x1," that mass of players who don't particularly care would be dragged by the x7 to keep with the pace of the server.
    It's much more complicated than slicing people into three pies. It affects the server greatly, especially the start and first months. High XP rates are in-hand with this modern way of playing online games, to rush through everything as fast as possible not stopping by to actually enjoy the game. Having XP rates that you can modify actually helps a lot ( if XP rates are not going to be locked ). More people than you personally think want to have x1 experience regardless of others. Indeed many people are sheeps that just can't hold on and want to keep up with the pace regardless of what they actually like or want, that's sadly the very core of the problem. Luckily people are slowly starting to understand that challenge is the thing that will keep you going and something that will make you cherrish every achievement with good feeling and it also ( among other things ) include if my character was leveled fast or I had to spend much more time with it, growing attached to it over the time. Some may hate leveling so many times again and again, but it does not change the fact that I stated before. I really hope this project will try to relive the vannila-tbc-wotlk times as best as it's technically possible and it won't degrade into some ridiculous scenario. I also hope this project will be treated with respect to the old WoW times which is not going to be for everyone. Fusing the greatest WoW era into some morbid mix of high rates, custom items and god knows what will not work or more precisely it may work but it won't be anything special in the end.

For me, this is the last time I will wait for a WoW server and hopefully play on it. So many projects that promised PTE did not deliver. I am at an age where I should start considering where my free time goes. I never had a chance to "live" the old times, since I was quite young when this game started, also paying monthly for it was not possible, private servers were a big mess at that time, so dear Warmane, hopefully you will deliver.

10. May 10, 2023  
    You are welcome to disagree, but I find the leveling experience to be the only part of the game I enjoy anymore. Most people these days look at the leveling process as nothing more than a hurdle to get to the "real game". But this was not how it worked in Vanilla. The leveling *journey* was the game. Raiding, BGs, etc were an after-thought. You can talk smack all you want about this, but it's not going to change that after over a decade's worth of farming top-end difficulty raid bosses, dungeon spam, emblem/other currency farms, etc. I'm burnt out on all of it. It's not a challenge anymore. I'd rather sit back and enjoy my coffee while doing quests, grinding mobs and working on my professions.
    you just can change strangletorn vale for ashenvale/stonetalon mountain, but it's the same

11. May 10, 2023  
    Aw
    This topic reminds me to the good old wow
    I still have untouched the battle chest which contains Vanilla TBC and Wotlk which i bought before many years ?
    https://ibb.co/b78By8z

12. May 10, 2023  

TRUE SO TRUE, you give numbers and facts. even more you know why loardeon have 6k people online? because is wotlk. now downgrade to tbc and then to classic vanilla. and then what? doing all again on tbc, you literally use thunderfury and high warlord battle axe and at lvl 61 hellfire quest weapon you disenchat because they are literally crap and you can't even use the maths. so delusional people, but now i hope the realm is x1 and just wait, people needs a reality check

13. May 11, 2023  
    any word on the progress? expected release or anything?

14. May 11, 2023  
    Lock content in phases, problem solved.
    - As it should be, Vanilla has alot of phases (Not talking about locking levels)

Have always been a sucker for "Blizzlike" and x1 xp, but after I played on the old Outlands server (x5 as I remember) I never turned back! I could do all the same content, but didn't have to run around for hours handing in a quest that would give no xp, but the alternative was to que for dungeon, which would take longer (que and completing the dungeon)

TRUE SO TRUE, you give numbers and facts. even more you know why loardeon have 6k people online? because is wotlk. now downgrade to tbc and then to classic vanilla. and then what? doing all again on tbc, you literally use thunderfury and high warlord battle axe and at lvl 61 hellfire quest weapon you disenchat because they are literally crap and you can't even use the maths. so delusional people, but now i hope the realm is x1 and just wait, people needs a reality check
    Not all true, Thunderfury is one of the best tanking wep in TBC :D
    -But I get were you are going

15. May 11, 2023  
    Lock content in phases, problem solved.
    - As it should be, Vanilla has alot of phases (Not talking about locking levels)
    That's even more disingenuous than your previous "solution" - especially with the caveat of not locking levels.

While people set to low rates would be dragging behind, what would the ones with max multiplier be doing? They would be in one of three camps (with some overlapping eventually): continue leveling and hoarding gold/materials/gear despite any lock (that South Park episode wasn't a coincidence afterall); level multiple alts in the time low rate people are still catching up with a lock; come to the Forum ***** and whine that they have nothing to do and wAnT mOrE cOnTeNt NoWaAaAaHhH. Once a lock was removed, they would rush even faster to complete it all and then stop at the next one to repeat the process, with an increasing number joining camp #3 and resenting/antagonizing the low raters.

First ... 27353637383947 ... Last