1. May 16, 2023  
    I like the idea of WOTLK client but I am afraid that the talent trees might change the gameplay a little. Having 50 talent points does not necessarily equal vanilla talents tree.
    here's a video, posted by the mods earlier in the thread showing off vanilla talents in WOTLK

https://web.archive.org/web/20230331...ble.com/c4d928

2. May 17, 2023  
    i'm newbie. I missed the launch of the original WOW, missed the restart in 2019. I was very happy when I found out about the opportunity to go through everything from the very beginning. I really want to get the experience of playing on a progressive server, play and enjoy the process. I tried to start at x7, but the knowledge, experience and skill are not enough for a full-fledged game. The constant feeling that something was missed / missed, passed by something interesting.
    I'm sure there are many who want to go through everything from the very beginning on x1, all you need is good advertising. The server is monitored not only by old-timers.

My english is bad, I use google translator, sorry for that

3. May 17, 2023  

4. May 17, 2023  
    At some point between now and when it opens.

Nothing has been said even about the beta testing periods yet. Asking repeatedly won't make an answer come before it's ready to be announced.
    Is it planned to launch within this year at least?

5. May 17, 2023  
    Is it planned to launch within this year at least?
    Any and all information about a release data will come later in another announcement, as stated in the original post.

6. May 17, 2023  
    I completely understand where Warmane comes from with expectation management and not wanting to announce anything that's still in process of being made..

however , , ,

2 months of being told " just b patient :) " - more than likely gives most of us a little headache at this point.

even the question "at least this year?" is being met with a copy paste response..

I'm fairly sure the majority of people on this thread are just slamming their heads against a wall asking themselves why even make the announcement about a new progress server in the first place. if it's so far out that you can't even let us know if its gonna be this year or next year. we will just assume next year. too bad if it is, hype if its not.

I love warmane and respect everything they do server wise. but, again, why announce something to begin with if you're gonna stay this secretive about it.

7. May 17, 2023  
    I'm fairly sure the majority of people on this thread are just slamming their heads against a wall asking themselves why even make the announcement about a new progress server in the first place. if it's so far out that you can't even let us know if its gonna be this year or next year. we will just assume next year. too bad if it is, hype if its not.
    Amen ..., pretty much what I have been saying in my last posts.

8. May 17, 2023  
    That's answered in the first paragraph of the original post as well.

This is an informative thread to let players know what we are working on and what's in the future for Warmane. It's keeping you up to date with what's to come and that we aren't just watching idly, but actively working on new experiences to offer.

The absurdity here is that if we don't share that sort of information about future plans, players complain that we never communicate; if we do, we get this sort of reaction. Oh well.

9. May 17, 2023  
    The absurdity here is that if we don't share that sort of information about future plans, players complain that we never communicate; if we do, we get this sort of reaction. Oh well.
    One of the most basic human attributes is curiosity so with all due respect this is not absurd at all, because a ( good ) communication is not what has been happening here. Posting some vague announcement followed by playing a dead beetle, random meme responds or practically saying nothing is not a communication. The result of this are understandable reactions and responses of the players. If you knew this would happen, why have you kept this thread open for discussion anyway. If the thread original purpose was just to keep us generally informed about what's happening next, then tthe original post should have been structured better and closed immediately. If you have to explain something so many times over and over then there is clearly some problem.

[IRONY] Apparently no one could expect that people will have questions after some time and will be impatient if we give them the space to do so. [/IRONY]

Good communication would be for example a regular minor releases of what you have been working on in the last 2 months or some less detailed info which can be released to public / some overall focus or more specific aim of the project and then followed by a bigger announcement, this will keep people interested and everyone will see the project moving forward. If you are not set in even the most basic things yet then it explains a lot to be honest. This is not a reproach, just to be clear ..., personally I will wait as long as it takes but even a patient person as me would like to know how and more specifically where the things are going.

Again I can't stress enough how grateful I am that Warmane is doing this. My posts are not aimed to be rude or offensive / reproachive. During BETA I will try to help as much as I can, but you should look on it from the "ordinary" players perspective. This is not some random game on which you spend few hours but this will for many people mean hundreds of hours of their lives and I don't even mention what this game means to a lot of people passionately wise.

No wonder they are anxious to learn more.

10. May 17, 2023  
    yo all i ask is for the Ogres in Arathi Highlands to be elites

11. May 17, 2023  
    when are you planning to start the server

12. May 17, 2023  

Don't mind it, guys. It's a typical community in a nutshell. You're doing a great job anyway. Thank you.

13. May 18, 2023  
    some details about the realm would be nice even if there's not beta/release date (like rates, rdf, buff or talent changes, etc).

14. May 18, 2023  
    let me take a shot in whole other direction.

the first original post mentions 3 expansions. As 'vanilla' is the base of the game. the original and technically not an expansion. does this mean we're going past wrath and back into Cataclysm as well ?

15. May 18, 2023  
    let me take a shot in whole other direction.

the first original post mentions 3 expansions. As 'vanilla' is the base of the game. the original and technically not an expansion. does this mean we're going past wrath and back into Cataclysm as well ?
    No, it doesn't. Vanilla>TBC>WOTLK. Read the post again, we're finishing at the pinnacle of Lich King's story.

First ... 31394041424351 ... Last