1. I'm new in the whole private server thing. Does it mean frostmourne is going to dissapear? I just started playing. Should I switch realm?
    If you started on FM server now its sad time my friend. It will be closed in two weeks, where it was supposed to open a new season in 2 days. This wont happen. (In the previous 3 seasons was amazing experience.)

You can still enjoy the next two weeks on Frostmourne and you dont need to switch as you will have the opportunity to transfer your toon to ICC realm. Unfortunately the realm is heavily overgeared, (go to Dala , every 2nd plater has Shadowmourne) so you will have hard time to find any group in the beginning. Good luck.

2. Hi, i wonder how long will last every expansion. And also i'd like to know if this new realm will be the new Battlegroup 2 for PvP and crossfaction with Blackrock as Frostmurne was.
    Thanks
    I'm also wondering if Blackrock will have Vanilla and TBC with cross-realm.
    I'd like to enjoy the PvP content of these Xpacs but I simply don't have the time to level up and grind.
    Even when XP rates are high the game turns into a grind feast once you hit max level when honor/gold/rep is x1.
    That's the reason why Outland realm died back then. Either all server rates have to be high x1 or high rate. Mixing x6 XP rates with x1 honor/gold/rep rates leads to a poor gaming experience.

3. 1x, no RDF even in WOTLK, tuned up raids and dungeons (maybe go beyond just hp, dmg and enrage timers this time) , shorter time between patches and eventual merge with Lordaeron.
    Dude, I know this is never going to happen, but this would be awesome!
    The higher rates crowd got Ice and FM, I think a Lordaeron like server is in order after 8 years of waiting.

4. The higher rates crowd got Ice and FM, I think a Lordaeron like server is in order after 8 years of waiting.
    That sort of "argument" is a disservice for what you want. "High rates crowd" never had a multi-expansion server here, so following this logic a Lordaeron-like should come only after they get it, as they have been waiting longer.

5. The solution is actually a simple one. *Cracks Knuckles* Copy and paste an optional hardcore compliance setting from one of the numerous servers that have them and add subcategories to that mode, where players can only play at 1x with or without perma death, including whatever quality of life features, for example, siloed experiences so as to not be in pvp even in pvp zones unless the player has decided to activate it.

6. Is there any possibility of putting the updates that came after the LK?

7. Dude, I know this is never going to happen, but this would be awesome!
    The higher rates crowd got Ice and FM, I think a Lordaeron like server is in order after 8 years of waiting.
    8 years? You don't remember Medivh which was our hardcore x1 realm on TBC?
    The realm got abandoned due to inactivity...

8. Bro im really excited about a new progressive realm. You guys doing the right thing!

9. Hello, and when is the server opening? an approximate date at least ? The year 2023?

10. x3 would be good. x5 max, IMO. Also if it's not a PvP realm I won't be playing. :)

Great idea with this realm though.

11. I don't think that's what he was going for. Seems like an awfully defensive statement to make calling it a disservice. A new x1 server hasn't happened in a long while compared to higher xp rates so of course the people who like x1 xp are going to get excited in hopes of the new progressional server being x1. "High rates crowd" is a fair statement as there is an obvious split between people who want high rates and who want low. The logic used makes sense as he is referencing recent servers in general. If anything it's your defense that doesn't match logical thought. I would expect a moderator to be supportive of the community verbalizing what they hope for, not a subtle and seemingly biased put-down and misrepresentation of what they have to say.

12. That sort of "argument" is a disservice for what you want. "High rates crowd" never had a multi-expansion server here, so following this logic a Lordaeron-like should come only after they get it, as they have been waiting longer.
    I messed up the original quote so this is what I'm referring to for what it matters.

13. That's quite a... let's call it "imaginative reading," out of his one line, which very specifically lists by name two servers as being for the "higher rates crowd" (ignoring the fact Frostmourne hasn't been so for since a few months after it's first season, when variable xp rates adjusted by each player were introduced) and one implied to be for the "x1 crowd" (once more ignoring facts, which Black2ck clarified by pointing out we had Medivh after Lordaeron already), even going as far as setting a time frame for it all (third time's a charm as they say, again corrected by Black2ck).

But hey, saying the "higher rates crowd" never had a progressive server going through multiple expantions here "doesn't match logical thought," so what do I know.

14. if there is no RDF people are gonna quit
    also mounts at 20 and 40 is a big must
    100%. Pretty much all the QoL improvements from Wotlk are the main reasons I'll be coming back here (hopefully to the new server) when my retail time runs out. Classic is just agonizing to play after playing with all the benefits from the Wotlk expansion.

The xp being adjustable would seem like the best option, as people can play how they want. Not sure how you could go wrong with that or what people would have to complain about when they can literally control how they play, themselves.

I also agree with the sentiment of utilizing pvp flags, so it isn't just a gankfest everywhere you go. That was one of the more annoying things when leveling 7 80s on Icecrown. It would be much more complicated to try to implement level brackets to attempt to get rid of ganking, but ganking is indeed an issue that lots of people seem to get tired of quickly. Hopefully you guys have some sort of fix for it in the works..

I'm also REALLY hoping you don't allow purchases of weapons / armor in an item shop, and do it more like frostmourne instead. Transmogs and cosmetics in general are wildly popular, so hopefully that will be sufficient funds generation so you don't have to offer actual raid / pvp gear in there. It renders dungeons / experts / lower tier raids as mostly useless, and makes it incredibly tough for free players to find groups for them, since everyone is geared and very few run them regularly, or progress through them as intended. Certainly you wouldn't make a progression-based server while simultaneously killing the progression within each expansion.

All in all, I'm absolutely stoked about this idea and can't wait for more information to come out. I've still got 15 pages to browse through in this thread, so maybe there's been more posted since page 6.

15. 8 years? You don't remember Medivh which was our hardcore x1 realm on TBC?
    The realm got abandoned due to inactivity...
    Nice one mate! Kappa
    They launched the high rate server first and everyone flocked there and then after couple of weeks, mb even a month, they released Medivh, and ofc none was interested in starting on a new server all over again.

First ... 1119202122233171 ... Last