1. This solves nothing. Higher xp rate would make much more sense to be honest. 100k Warmane wotlk gold costs 5 candy wrappers irl. It's always overinflated and once you go out there with a gathering profession for 10 minutes a day, you will never have a gold issue.
    Sure can have higher xp rate, gold rate, reputation rate? for keeping worldpvp flag on after realm first achivs are done I guess.

2. If you kill the gankers anyway then why do you not want PvP? It gets you free honor and bragging rights over those you kill. PvP just adds to the experience of the game in my opinion, both getting ganked and ganking are fun in the end, especially when you overcome those who try ganking you like you said.
    -i don't explain well my p.o.v(bad english). i love pvp, but i don't like max lvl ganker ganking low spots and low lvls. pvp on/off will be great for that. at max lvl they can do whatever they want, being in burning steps or silithus in group ganking 24/7.
    -i don't really like the idea of vanilla core realm with worldpvp and high warlord ****. farming that in the old days was a thing. but now? 80hs per week? x1 rates? no gracias
    -arenas at lvl 60 and arena point with the vendor of high warlord will be great, only if the realm is a starting wotlk core and not a vanilla. don't know if it's so much hard to do what i wish for the warmane guys, maybe it is and im talking nonsense

3. One thing I think is important is to minimize the grindiness of the progressive realm. I think grinding will kill the realm just as much as too little time given to finish all that content the realm is going to offer.

In Icecrown and Lordaeron there is no shortened availability of time to finish the content and Icecrown is so easy you do not even need to do the grinding for potions etc. Judging from the popularity and ease of finishing the content of Icecrown, Lordaeron and Frostmourne at T7 and Frostmourne at T8 onward I think the more people feel they will be able to finish the endgame content the more popular the realm will be.

Some ways to boost chances of people finishing the content I can think of are -
    1) Cut down on the grinding time - let dungeon/raid bosses drop much more badges, orbs, BoEs and gold and herbalism nodes have super fast respawn timers. In a fast paced usually tuned up progressive realm you need to finish the hard mode content in a short time, here less time doing grinding to prepare for the raids is more time to actually do the raids and more time to clear the content.

2) Removing the raid lockout period - Giving people the option to do the raids many times each week will make much more raids happen, the more people get to raid the more people will finish the content, the more popular the realm will be! You can still check the speed with which people get BiS geared by tweaking the loot distribution system a bit, an example system I talked about in an earlier post.

3) Flexible sized raiding where the tuning is adjusted according to the raid size but the loot quality remains the same - Raids will not need to get cancelled or called off early when some roles are missing and replacements cannot be found.

4) Cross-faction raiding - Will boost the pool of players available for raiding.

5) Mythic/timewalking tiers of lower tier raids - Tuned upto the current tier's difficulty settings and dropping the same BiS loot of the current tier. All those who missed out on an earlier tier will be able to do them with the current tier! Also people won't get bored of the current tier's raids as fast if they have other equally challenging raids to do that drop equally BiS loot! I know such mythic tiers could be a lot of work but it would make the realm content incredible! Bit by bit you can put it in place. Hereto to check the speed with which people get BiS geared you can do similar tweaking of the loot distribution system, an example system I talked about in an earlier post.

4. That sounds so awful I can't even :D

5. One thing I think is important is to minimize the grindiness of the progressive realm. I think grinding will kill the realm just as much as too little time given to finish all that content the realm is going to offer.

In Icecrown and Lordaeron there is no shortened availability of time to finish the content and Icecrown is so easy you do not even need to do the grinding for potions etc. Judging from the popularity and ease of finishing the content of Icecrown, Lordaeron and Frostmourne at T7 and Frostmourne at T8 onward I think the more people feel they will be able to finish the endgame content the more popular the realm will be.

Some ways to boost chances of people finishing the content I can think of are -
    1) Cut down on the grinding time - let dungeon/raid bosses drop much more badges, orbs, BoEs and gold and herbalism nodes have super fast respawn timers. In a fast paced usually tuned up progressive realm you need to finish the hard mode content in a short time, here less time doing grinding to prepare for the raids is more time to actually do the raids and more time to clear the content.

2) Removing the raid lockout period - Giving people the option to do the raids many times each week will make much more raids happen, the more people get to raid the more people will finish the content, the more popular the realm will be! You can still check the speed with which people get BiS geared by tweaking the loot distribution system a bit, an example system I talked about in an earlier post.

3) Flexible sized raiding where the tuning is adjusted according to the raid size but the loot quality remains the same - Raids will not need to get cancelled or called off early when some roles are missing and replacements cannot be found.

4) Cross-faction raiding - Will boost the pool of players available for raiding.

5) Mythic/timewalking tiers of lower tier raids - Tuned upto the current tier's difficulty settings and dropping the same BiS loot of the current tier. All those who missed out on an earlier tier will be able to do them with the current tier! Also people won't get bored of the current tier's raids as fast if they have other equally challenging raids to do that drop equally BiS loot! I know such mythic tiers could be a lot of work but it would make the realm content incredible! Bit by bit you can put it in place. Hereto to check the speed with which people get BiS geared you can do similar tweaking of the loot distribution system, an example system I talked about in an earlier post.
    i like this but more like soft
    1) at least raids gold x7, badges/orbs, armor token x2. same professions x3 with veins, leather, cloths, etc. have the bonus and glyphs in classic will be great.
    2) idk maybe 2 raids per week, that will be awesome, specially for me that im a boomer
    3) mmm no, not for me
    4) no, but yes bgs and dungeos
    5) yes

this is mine 6)dks in classic? idk how many good spells they have at lvl 60 or if the are dinamic, funtionally, loot for them? idk

6. Any news on dates for the server?
    People are so fired up here about the server setting and they stated "official beta coming this summer". Not even close bro, probably things will change 10 times by then. Meanwhile no FM S4 and no substitute.

7. People are so fired up here about the server setting and they stated "official beta coming this summer". Not even close bro, probably things will change 10 times by then. Meanwhile no FM S4 and no substitute.
    I mean, if they stated that they don't want both realms (Frostmourne IV and vanilla-tbc-wotlk) to run at the same time, i would assume it's pretty close.

8. when did they say that beta is this summer? I can't find this information

9. when did they say that beta is this summer? I can't find this information
    "Greetings Warmane community,

Frostmourne Season III will come to an end on April 30, 2023, the realm will be decommissioned and put on hold while we re-focus most of our development work on our newest realm, the progressive Vanilla-TBC-WoTLK realm, with an official beta coming this summer."

taken from here : https://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=456123

10. yeah everyone was already playing in outland. a new lordaeronlike experience would be awesome. it was the best. still remember it

11. My only worry is that vanilla/TBC experience will be VASTLY different since it's on the 3.3.5 client and all. Hopefully the staff will figure this out. Really hyped otherwise!

12. my pvp experience in classic wow as horde (road to R10, without own premade)

Horde: 30+ minutes bg queues (because WOTF?)
    Alliance: instant queues (because no EMFH?)
    9/10 games its pug vs premade (I'll just keep silent about AV)

it turns out what i pay money for stand in queue minimum for half an hour and faced premade, after 12 weeks of pain i leaved, because in 3-4 hours what i have after job i get only 1-2 fair game, sometimes zero (regret not leaving sooner)

blizzard fix this problems only in BC... they add mercenary bgs and matchmaking. best times and memories, instant queues on both sides, and only pug vs pug fair games (just a pity that blizzard think so slowly)

Question: how would you like to see BG's in future classic realm?

13. My only worry is that vanilla/TBC experience will be VASTLY different since it's on the 3.3.5 client and all. Hopefully the staff will figure this out. Really hyped otherwise!
    If this really will be 3.3.5 with just manually locked 80% of content this realm gonna be the worst thing ever...

14. If this really will be 3.3.5 with just manually locked 80% of content this realm gonna be the worst thing ever...
    Maybe by your point of view and opinion, but let's speak facts: There actually exists a PTE server and they have about 400-500 ppl still playing there during peak ( server started in 2021 ). All this under a low rates and very slow progression, many players are just waiting for the next season bracket and aren't there at all. It has a potential to have around 700 - 1000 if they had been faster with development.

So apparently it's not as bad idea as you have said...

Also it would be a major technical challenge to keep 1.12.1./2.4.3./3.3.5 clients and servers scripted and updated and after new expansion make a smooth transition in between them. Also many players would stick just for the expansion they like and probably left after it's upgraded, this could mean high fluctuation in between expansions and possible server death, since one TBC project was abandoned by Warmane already.

This is of course a speculation, but we can look in the past and ask peole, not everyone will be pleased but thats and I hope won't be the goal.

Lets see what Warmane managment tells us, fingers crossed next info will come around the end of this month or during early May.

15. Here is to hoping for dual spec + DKs since more tanks = healthier server!

First ... 16242526272836 ... Last