1. Shoot, I just came back to Warmane hoping for Frostmourne Season 4

I am looking forward to the progression server if the XP rates are boosted as well. I just want to say that Frostmourne was a great idea, my favorite Warmane server ever but unfortunately IRL kept me away after Season 1. Great job.

2. No, I think you got me here LOL. This year there was no April's fool prank on website, and you decided to catch up and do it now!
    You're pretty annoying tbh.

3. Its an unofficial Discord, I dont think it changes anything the truth
    Exactly this. Its unofficial. The poll won't really mean anything. And with their intentions announced now, would anyone really REALLY even want S4 against the server runners desires?

I dunno how I even feel about that. If there were bugs or issues, they would probably be ignored, and it would be hard to blame them since they straight up said they don't want to do it. At this point I just think Im forced to move on unless theres a miracle and the PTE realm is a PVE realm. If it is, I may give it a shot but other than that....

Whelp...

4. You're pretty annoying tbh.
    Bad news, you don't really have a lot of options here bud

5. I will take this as a sign to do something more meaningful with my life. I hope all of you have the best of luck in life Brothers :)

6. I believe it is a big mistake that they are changing frostmourne for a vanilla progressive, vanillas are boring, there is nothing to do besides super easy raids, there is no arena, the server will only have hype and then die, since they want to do something new could start in burning crusader, when the game had more form

7. the server being pve was only a thing for s3, in s1 and 2 it was pvp

8. This isn't huge disappointment for me. I'm far more excited for the new server. Frostmourne S3 being a PvE realm killed a lot of the enjoyment from just about everything outside of endgame raiding.

While WotLK does have the best raid experience of the three, I'm excited for endgame Vanilla-TBC-Wrath progression for the sake of variety. I would personally always rather do different raids than my favorite one repeatedly.
    Also, assuming the new realm is a PvP realm that's (probably temporarily?) on 1x leveling, the 1-60 game is going to be an absolute treat. I can't wait to quest in Burning Steppes and Plaguelands, personally.

I do have one question that I haven't seen answered yet. How will Frostmourne being put on hold in favor of the new realm affect the Blackrock progressive arena opt-in? Blackrock characters had the option to play in Battlegroup 2, which was synchronous with Frostmourne's progression raiding. If Frostmourne is decommissioned, will we also lose Battlegroup 2 functionality for Blackrock? I was looking forward to playing through Deadly-Furious-Relentless arena again.

Thank you guys! Keep up the fantastic work.

9. This isn't huge disappointment for me. I'm far more excited for the new server. Frostmourne S3 being a PvE realm killed a lot of the enjoyment from just about everything outside of endgame raiding.

While WotLK does have the best raid experience of the three, I'm excited for endgame Vanilla-TBC-Wrath progression for the sake of variety. I would personally always rather do different raids than my favorite one repeatedly.
    Also, assuming the new realm is a PvP realm that's (probably temporarily?) on 1x leveling, the 1-60 game is going to be an absolute treat. I can't wait to quest in Burning Steppes and Plaguelands, personally.

I do have one question that I haven't seen answered yet. How will Frostmourne being put on hold in favor of the new realm affect the Blackrock progressive arena opt-in? Blackrock characters had the option to play in Battlegroup 2, which was synchronous with Frostmourne's progression raiding. If Frostmourne is decommissioned, will we also lose Battlegroup 2 functionality for Blackrock? I was looking forward to playing through Deadly-Furious-Relentless arena again.

Thank you guys! Keep up the fantastic work.
    I thought PVE would kill this realm and it actually did. One season and they are closing it... jk jk

On a serios note, you are making a great point about the BR seasonal PVP. They need to kill that off as well?

Also the last one, but not the least important, people speak about the new Vanilla-TBC-Wrath progression realm. Guys, guys you are not going to get that on the 30th this month. Proterean stated "official beta coming this summer". Summer is in two months and some, just for the beta.

I still think S4 for 3 months with Naxx progression Limit cap would be a good idea to ''fill in'' this time gap. Seasons were booming this time, you had even low lvl dungs in the first month being super active.

10. you have absolutely no reason to shut frostmourne down, you said you have unlimited amount of ideas for this server and that you can explore as much as you want.
    What happened? No ideas left? Lol try again.
    Make frostmourne season 4 happen, even if it's the same as season 3, i see it as success.
    Question is why not?
    What is there to lose if you do it? New server playerbase? No it wont affect it. Frostmourne players stay on frostmourne for a reason.
    If it stays like this, 90% of current frostmourne players won't bother to log icecrown, they will just leave.
    I'd like everyone who enjoyed frostmourne over the years to come out and speak.
    Make frostmourne season 4 happen.
    make it happen :d

11. Sad news,

I honestly think this is a mistake on your behalf. I understand the concept of focusing on something new and not having enough resources to maintain existing solutions. The issue here is that Frostmourne already has a big active player base. Even now that the realm is at its very end you still have consistently 1-3k pop depending on the time of day.

A large chunk of Frostmournes player base will also not be bothered to play this new realm just because the prev expansions are very lacking on many levels. be it challenging content, class customization, class balance, PVP etc. The whole idea behind Frostmourne is to have challenging content and try to progress every tier to the best of your ability. I don't see this happening for Vanilla at least. Tbc might be different but that's a long way in the future.

Another thing about this decision is that you're not giving an alternative for Frostmourne players to play on. You say there will be a beta for this new prog realm in the summer, which means the actual realm won't launch before the fall (at the earliest?). You can expect an even larger part of the community to stop playing, find new servers etc. because of this as well. Personally, I am not willing to wait for something like this, along with many other people I've gotten to know over a few years here.

I think you should seriously reconsider this decision. My suggestion, among many others, is to just copy/paste season 3 into season 4, this will take some of your resource pool, but it is definitely a good alternative. This way you can maintain your player base and at the same time keep your community happy.

There are definitely financial aspects to this as well. Frostmourne has been the "in" for new players playing on Warmane now for the past 3 years. The implication is that these are typically the players that donate as well.

Another thing, or consideration if you will, is that this new prog realm will kill off Frostmourne when it launches. I think this is a wrong assessment because this new realm will cater to a whole different segment of players. Even when Classic launched Frostmourne managed to stay alive, yes, the population decreased but it still managed fine.

and finally, the poll on the "unofficial discord" has a ridiculous majority for season 4. As of now, it has 534 votes. 504 for and 30 against. Which equates to a percentage of 95%. This should also give you some added pov as to what your community wants.

Just kidding, I have another paragraph to write. On a final note, I just want to say that this is a good opportunity for you to shift the opinion of your community's perception of you as well. There is a notion that you don't listen to your community and that you do what you want, with little communication. Changing your mind on this and opening for season 4 will defo sway me in terms of this.

Anyways, I think it's easy to forget that you offer a totally free experience and a stable and (almost) bugfree gaming environment. I appreciate this. Also, one of the reasons why I've taken the time to write this essay lol. I hope you will reconsider. Thanks!

12. On a serios note, you are making a great point about the BR seasonal PVP. They need to kill that off as well?

Also the last one, but not the least important, people speak about the new Vanilla-TBC-Wrath progression realm. Guys, guys you are not going to get that on the 30th this month. Proterean stated "official beta coming this summer". Summer is in two months and some, just for the beta.

I still think S4 for 3 months with Naxx progression Limit cap would be a good idea to ''fill in'' this time gap. Seasons were booming this time, you had even low lvl dungs in the first month being super active.
    This is a great point! I definitely do advocate for the new realm eclipsing Frostmourne. I think having two progressive realms active at a time is counterproductive, and I VASTLY prefer progressive realms over fully 'matured' ones. Once the new realm is out, Frostmourne should be on hold, in the interest of centralizing the progressive playerbase.

HOWEVER, there is a large gap of time unaccounted for. From May 2023, until likely the end of the year in winter sometime, I would personally love to have something fresh to do that isn't Icecrown/Lord. That's exactly why I was still looking forward to the Frostmourne season reset, even if all I got to do was play on Blackrock for it.

A large chunk of Frostmournes player base will also not be bothered to play this new realm just because the prev expansions are very lacking on many levels. be it challenging content, class customization, class balance, PVP etc. The whole idea behind Frostmourne is to have challenging content and try to progress every tier to the best of your ability. I don't see this happening for Vanilla at least. Tbc might be different but that's a long way in the future.

Another thing about this decision is that you're not giving an alternative for Frostmourne players to play on. You say there will be a beta for this new prog realm in the summer, which means the actual realm won't launch before the fall (at the earliest?). You can expect an even larger part of the community to stop playing, find new servers etc. because of this as well. Personally, I am not willing to wait for something like this, along with many other people I've gotten to know over a few years here.

I think you should seriously reconsider this decision. My suggestion, among many others, is to just copy/paste season 3 into season 4, this will take some of your resource pool, but it is definitely a good alternative. This way you can maintain your player base and at the same time keep your community happy.
    I agree with this. I don't think Frostmourne (currently my favorite server) should be around to clash with the new realm, but until the new realm launches, I think the downtime should be filled. I would gladly play on Frostmourne for a shorter S4, while waiting for the new server. A copy/paste from S3 is fine with me! I just now casted my vote on the Discord poll as well, thanks for pointing that out, Spinn.

13. Hi , better save fm4 for after Classic wotlk tbf fm3 was mostly dead few weeks into the season- same goes for the poll that have been made on discord 500 voted for a new season = u can't fill a whole server with 500-1000 at best.
    Fm was fun but i think after 3 seasons best is to take a break and focus on ur new vanilla server. ( people will complain no matter what choice u take anyways ).
    Open early transfer this week since we can barely make any raids on fm now.

14. WOW....so ne s4 my and my friends where already planning the naxx fight and recruiting players to our guild. Pls dont giv us s4 frost at least give us 3 months of s4

15. Why? All other servers are PVP, what if you want to play on a PVE server? Only Frostmourne covered that.

First ... 56789 ... Last