1. AV is breaking people mentally

Hello,

I just played an AV for 1 hour and 4 minutes.
    Our team got farmed for the entirety of the game.
    The enemy team did not even try to play the AV game, they only wanted to farm the opposite team.

The losing team had no chance of doing anything against it.
    Many people - and I mean many - just leave the BG with a deserter (or get kicked while running to the other graveyard to being afk), instead of playing it out - which makes total sense -, as I spent more than an hour, for almost nothing. Would have been better to just leave as well.

I am quite new here, but this is happening every time I play AV. Super long, and super one-sided.
    The other BGs at least end faster.

The result of the BG:
    https://ibb.co/CzF2whD

The map state at the end of the BG (the winning team did not even attempt to capture or take enemy bases):
    https://ibb.co/xJrTYhP

The enemy team had 600+ HK, as most people on our team had nothing to do against it, and took mines which even brought in extra resources that they could farm.

We played against 2 multi-boxers as well, and probably more BiS teams.
    - 5 resto druid
    - 5 balance druid

One guy I chatted with had a suggestion:
    - Make the teams randomly split up into two factions, which would balance the battleground teams.

Is there anything that can be done to somehow make the battlegrounds playable?

As much as I would love to play pvp, I personally stop playing battlegrounds now, because this is no longer fun, and it's a repeat always, not just a single occasion.

2. Two given things in a bg that will always happen.

1. One faction will win and one will loose.

2. Someone from the loosing side will post on the forums claiming "not fair" or "blackrock gear"

3. You can wait for a change or you can do the following:
    - only queue for specific BGs and avoid AV and IoC altogether
    - do not accept RBG right away. do a "/who alterac valley" and see if there is a game happening. don't join if AV is active
    - queue RBG with an alt and always join BGs with your alt first to see what BG you got
    - add all the AV farmers as friends on your alt account so that you know when they are farming. don't play RBG when they are active
    - if you are on the farmer's team, cap flags nonstop and spam "idc gotta cap"

4. Thank you Bicat, as a newish player, those suggestions are great!

5. - if you are on the farmer's team, cap flags nonstop and spam "idc gotta cap"
    Keep in mind they will mass report you for AFKing which will get you the timer debuff that kicks you if you don't attack something.

6. Keep in mind they will mass report you for AFKing which will get you the timer debuff that kicks you if you don't attack something.
    "Battlegrounds

• Fixed the Idle or Inactive debuffs not being removed when capturing a mine, flag, graveyard, tower or damaging an objective"

7. "Battlegrounds

• Fixed the Idle or Inactive debuffs not being removed when capturing a mine, flag, graveyard, tower or damaging an objective"
    noice, didn't see the new changelog

8. that change is an improvement, but it will probably not protect you while you sit around defending/waiting for enemies to show up. get gud and you will never be kicked while trolling these premades.

9. Just another 'they are better than us, please change something like removing the battleground from the game' post.

10. pretty ez to nerf this if they just cap HKs at like 100k

11. I've been interacting with these HK farmers for long time, I have all knowledge about hk farmers and i think i know majority of them at this point.
    I think there are few myths about HK farmers which i would like to explain and share some knowledge with you guys.

1) It's big premade.
    Nope, Hk farmers are divided into several wings, there are Idc, OD farmers which queue usually in 5 man groups and rest of them are "freelancers" people who queue solo for AV and IoC.

2) It's Warmane fault to allow them to farm
    Well, HK farming was thing since vanilla, even when i played in early days of retail, there were solid amount of HK farmers (atleast on Kazzak-EU)

3) HK farmers are growing up in numbers.
    I think hk farming community stagnates. There are like several HK farmers who play on every day basis, i also know some HK farmers which i haven't seen for months or maybe even years. I think only like 2 days ago some hunter which i'm sure i've never seen before but his amount of HKs says he has been farming HKs for a while, started to call me "**** and worthless trash" for capping the GY, but this one is just exception. It's just natural lifecycle.

4) I'll always end up in AV against them
    Yes, absolutelly you can win a bg. You won't believe it but there is a tool to queue up for specific bg which allows you to queue up for whatever BG you want. But expect little bit longer queue.

12. thx for that useless bit of knowledge. as mentioned earlier anyone can queue for specific bgs --- two at a time to be specific. it gives you the added bonus of leaving one to enter another if the queue pops. also HK farm was not a thing all all realms on retail WotLK. i played on a US server and AVs were more about rushing boss than farming kills. cuz everybody hated AV and can't wait to end it asap.

13. July 7, 2023  
    1) It's big premade.
    Nope, Hk farmers are divided into several wings, there are Idc, OD farmers which queue usually in 5 man groups and rest of them are "freelancers" people who queue solo for AV and IoC.
    They aren't a big premade per se, but you could argue that collectively swapping to the same faction to ensure everyone ends up on the same team while using min-maxing gearsets kinda borders on it. The only difference is you don't queue together, but you'll still be in the same bg whenever you'd like.

While the specific players might fluctuate the group tactics usually stay the same: full on melee tanks with max resil max hp to draw the attention of the uncoordinated under geared enemy team while their full BiS pve range dps AoE's them down to cause a panic retreat (aka the enemy teams does 0 dmg but takes all your dmg, continue that until you reach a gy and start farming, while reporting gy cappers before it got fixed).
    Just like "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!" you can have "I Can't Believe It's Not A Premade!"

On a serious note: I've literally seen some of them make characters on alt accounts to join the enemy team to see where the enemy clusters are on the map, report people who manage to avoid getting camped, or even cap specific graveyards to setup farming spots. If that isn't coordinated gameplay that borderlines (the psychotic? jk) premade-like gameplay I don't know what would.

4) I'll always end up in AV against them
    Yes, absolutelly you can win a bg. You won't believe it but there is a tool to queue up for specific bg which allows you to queue up for whatever BG you want. But expect little bit longer queue.
    Of course, you can win, I've witnessed them leaving plenty of times when actual good players are on the enemy team. But that's the issue, you'd need a good amount of veteran players with a decent class/gear setup.
    Because every player that just wants their daily win isn't going to cooperate or even pull their weight versus people that deliberately queued/geared for that bg, and that's the point of this post.

If Joe Sixpack launches WoW to farm some honor he'd prefer to play RBG/CtA to get the honor bonus and the first win arena points, it would really impact his rate of gear progression if he were to queue specific (when there is no CtA). All this hassle combined probably costs Warmane some player retention, since these people basically get preyed on, especially if they dare to own a single piece of gear with a high item level.

A simple solution that fixes it is just making a permanent Call to Arms rotation that excludes AV/IoC. It won't affect their win/lose rate, but at least it can improve their progression rate and most likely player (pvp) retention, since they don't have to make the decision of being fodder for an hour vs eating deserter and wasting more playtime (of which they probably have very little of).

14. July 8, 2023  
    A simple solution that fixes it is just making a permanent Call to Arms rotation that excludes AV/IoC. It won't affect their win/lose rate, but at least it can improve their progression rate and most likely player (pvp) retention, since they don't have to make the decision of being fodder for an hour vs eating deserter and wasting more playtime (of which they probably have very little of).
    This would be good addition to the bg queuing system. I for certain sometimes want to do just daily and often times i need to queue for 10 bg's (because facing alot of premades/or even my team wrath geared players dont care about winning, they just farm) to win just one.
    Edited: July 8, 2023

12 Last