1. July 6, 2023  

warrior in progressive realm

Hello my fellow warriors, i was wondering about playing this class in this progressive realm, so far i've been trying arms in blackrock and im enjoying it at my noobish melee level (have always been caster) im doubting about the pve thing, wich i want to play tank pve/arms pvp.

I know that warrior was MT material in vanilla and tbc, but since wotlk it is not as easily rewarding as other tanking classes, if i were to say that ill probably play casually once wotlk patch comes around, would still be a bad idea to roll warrior protec? with casually i mean doing some pugs mostly, not LoD raids.

By no meaning im trying to bring hate with this, im just genuinely asking, since im planning on tanking, and i dont like the pvp of the other tank capable clases.

Anyway, ty for possible reply :)

2. July 6, 2023  
    once wotlk patch comes
    You should specify the tiers in wotlk patch a bit as Warrior is great for anything but ICC. You'll be totally fine playing Naxx/Ony/Maly, Ulduar and ToC.

So for the progressive realm you're going to be great for about 98% of the content. The whole issue with prot warriors is only this severe because every server is stuck at ICC - which is literally the only raid not really suited for them. But that's just one raid out of three expansions.

3. July 6, 2023  
    Idk, embarking on a journey through Vanilla-TBC-WotLK and then not getting to reliably raid/kill the big bad at the end would feel bit anticlimactic, don't you think?

If you're fine with it, have fun and enjoy.

4. July 7, 2023  
    Thanks for reply, you kind of anwer me with that, i find prot war and arms quite fun, but if im not going to see the end of the journey, at least not without that many hardships (and i dont want to go fury, i dont get the feel) i may think twice, shame i dont like pally pvp bcs i like its tanking.

Thanks again for your time :)