1. July 8, 2023  

Ban due to sending a link in party chat

Hello,

my account has been suspended due to sending a link in party chat to a friend of mine.

It was not an advertising link but a link to a talent tree I sent my fellow player, so he can look at the talents and improve his own.

I was not advertising anything.

Can I ask for my account to be unsuspended? I didn't know that sending a link in party chat was also forbidden. It won't happen again.

2. July 8, 2023  
    First of all, what is /w?
    Second, if the talent calculator you posted, again, in a public chat, is somehow associated to some other private server, then yes, there's probably grounds for you getting suspended for advertising.

3. July 8, 2023  
    Hi,. it was in /p, not in /w.

Well, it was a link to my characters tree on another, yet dead server's website... well, if thats the case, I'm sorry, it won't happen again :(

4. July 8, 2023  
    That happens, they might remove it but who knows. I was once banned before when Warmane was Molten for the same thing, talked to GM and he gave me a SS of report and i explained to him that it wasnt my intention to advertise because it was a talk between guildies in raid chat and we also had some sort of a deal in guild. So he removed my ban later on

5. July 8, 2023  
    Hi,. it was in /p, not in /w.
    Exactly. Next time, if you're addressing one person, be considerate to others and yourself and use a private chat channel, like /w. Then you won't have to worry about being reported, unless the other person is that much of a troll.

Well, it was a link to my characters tree on another, yet dead server's website... well, if thats the case
    That's the definition of advertising in this particular case, the reason you're banned. Doesn't matter dead or alive, the point is you are in a way redirecting attention away from warmane and towards another entity. You could use some other communication method(discord/messenger/whatever) where warmane's advertising rule obviously can't apply..

You can try appealing the ban, maybe you'll get lucky.
    Edited: July 8, 2023

6. July 8, 2023  
    Exactly. Next time, if you're addressing one person, be considerate to others and yourself and use a private chat channel, like /w. Then you won't have to worry about being reported, unless the other person is that much of a troll.

That's the definition of advertising in this particular case, the reason you're banned. Doesn't matter dead or alive, the point is you are in a way redirecting attention away from warmane and towards another entity. You could use some other communication method(discord/messenger/whatever) where warmane's advertising rule obviously can't apply..

You can try appealing the ban, maybe you'll get lucky.
    How do I appeal? It was never my intention to "arvertise" another server. I've spent too much time playing on this server to be stupid enough to do such a thing. I just wanted to help another player get better... I hope GMs will unban my account :(

7. July 8, 2023  
    I advertised multiple servers in guild chat and party chat while playing when someone would ask if anyone plays on other servers and I never got a ban for it. Maybe its because I never linked a specific site? Honestly, if Warmane is going to be THIS petty and ban someone for it I don't know if I want to even continue playing here.

8. July 8, 2023  
    I advertised multiple servers in guild chat and party chat while playing when someone would ask if anyone plays on other servers and I never got a ban for it. Maybe its because I never linked a specific site? Honestly, if Warmane is going to be THIS petty and ban someone for it I don't know if I want to even continue playing here.
    Well, for somebody to be banned for this, would require somebody making a report. Nobody probably considered it as advertisement, so they didn't bother with report, or it was reported and GM decided it wasn't advertisement. One also needs to remember mentioning a server in casual talk is bit different than sending people to a website of another private server.

Guild chats are usually full of like minded players, random party chat might not be that kind.

9. July 8, 2023  
    I don't think the other player reported me because I've been disconnected from the game moments after posting the link to the talent tree to the /p chat with that player. I'd rather believe there is some kind of algorithm that is scanning even /p chats.

I've made an appeal to the ban. I hope it will get my account unbanned :(