1. Low fps on Medium End PC

I have a problem with fps, obv stormwind and dalaran, outside the fight i get around 100 fps, in fight i get like 30 and its annoying
    I tried hardware cursor fix, multisampling fix and a few more
    My spec are:
    CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
    GPU: RX 6600
    RAM: 16GB

2. Game is CPU heavy, and your specs are not medium end, they are low end.
    But it doesn't matter, game is old and can't work properly on new hardware anyway. You need to check things like render distance, effects, particles and so on. Hardware cursor surely must help.
    Your setup should give you 60 FPS no matter what, so it is clearly down to settings, but we can't say which exactly, since we are not in same room with you to check your PC performance and CPU/GPU utilisation

3. Cpu utilisation doesnt go above 10% and GPU doesnt go above 5%

4. It could be a bugged/mismatched version add-on, considering this happens when you get in combat.

5. It's a general thing when it comes to games that even if you have the best computer in the world it dosent matter when the game itself isnt optimised to the best it can be, another thing is how much a lot of players in the same rendering distance affects your frames per second, I get several hundred fps in openworld and 40-50 fps in Dalaran dependent on how populated it is, sometimes I get even below 30, if I stream ontop of that I'm down to 15-20, if everyone in dalaran started using aoe abilities and spells at the same time it would be devestating. It dosen't have to do with your graphic card as much as the game refreshing what everyone is doing all the time, as Persivaln mentioned above, the game is cpu heavy. Few years back my old guild used some ingame items like the cluster rocket launcher from the lunar event, and when a couple of these launchers + people throwing fireworks into it, it became chaos, people had problems with their game crashing and not being able to logg in.

6. Im getting 30 fps in Dalaran and my PC specs are:

16GB RAM.
    AMD RX 570 4GB.
    Ryzen 5 2600.

7. You should never expect high FPS in dalaran, especially when there's 10 times more people there than the game was designed for.

More players/characters = lower FPS.

my ryzen 7 5800x/3080 ti/32gb DDR4/NVME m.2 pro SSD.... still barely ekes out 40 FPS in dalaran when icecrown is at peak population. And I've been building my own PCs since windows 3.11/dos 6.0 was a thing...

8. Game is CPU heavy, and your specs are not medium end, they are low end.
    But it doesn't matter, game is old and can't work properly on new hardware anyway. You need to check things like render distance, effects, particles and so on. Hardware cursor surely must help.
    Your setup should give you 60 FPS no matter what, so it is clearly down to settings, but we can't say which exactly, since we are not in same room with you to check your PC performance and CPU/GPU utilisation

Game is not CPU heavy, game is old and not optimized to use more than 1 core. Game is more than 10 years old, like 15 years old engine.
    It is running on infinity fps outside towns and then BAM 40fps in stormind on the rig that is running Cyberpunk, 3K total war, Witcher 3, RDR2, PUBG at 120 fps.
    His specs are ASTRONAUT END for this game, not the low end.

I tested the settings today. Only thing that really matters are shadows, just don't put it on max, just put one click lower, you will gain 10fps for no reason.

You can't do nothing, engine just doesn't utilitize hardware.
    Edited: August 7, 2023

9. You should never expect high FPS in dalaran, especially when there's 10 times more people there than the game was designed for.

More players/characters = lower FPS.

my ryzen 7 5800x/3080 ti/32gb DDR4/NVME m.2 pro SSD.... still barely ekes out 40 FPS in dalaran when icecrown is at peak population. And I've been building my own PCs since windows 3.11/dos 6.0 was a thing...
    Ryzen 5600
    RX5700XT
    32GB of ram, 3200mhz
    Western Black sk850x ssd

Stormwind trade, 40fps... outside, infinity... Engine is just trash.

10. Im on a Acer Helios Predator laptop and game was stuttering until I changed it’s location to SSD. Runs smoothly at 80-120 fps on ultra settings with drops to 50-60fps in wintergrasp, but my problem was mini-glitches anyways not fps drops so idk just thought I’d share.