1. New mage on lordaeron

I just level up to 80 on Lordaeron server and want to know when will i be able to switch from arcane to fire. I saw some post say you have to be nearly bis to play fire is it true?

2. I would recommend switching to fire when you have at least most of your tier 9/ilvl 232 gear. Arcane stays good for a long time and fire only starts overtaking in dmg when you have at least >40% fire crit chance.

3. You should change at about 5.9k GS if ur in a progression run. If u in a guild run where u have 12/12 atleast on farm, then u should always be fire. Up untill 5.9k arcane is playable, but past that u can have bursts so insane that ur arcane bolts turn into taunts basicly, meaning u cant play it to the fullest, or else u will take aggro from the boss at start and die/wipe. Arcane in normal fights can always out dps a fire mage, its on the longer, meaning HC fights, where fire will outperform since arcane is less mobile and more mana consuming. Tho if u have 12/12 on farm, that means you have fights like LK, PP and vali in the kills, those fights are very bad for arcane and as such u should simply stay fire always, take a minor dps loss on some fights but atleast be useful on all fights.