1. Nice! Can't wait to play it. The Wotlk client for vanilla and tbc content sounds dope!

For xp rates, yeah 5x is a bit too much for start, as multiple guys stated before, I think optimal is increased by expansion:
    Vanilla => xp x3
    Tbc => xp x5
    Wotlk => xp x5-7

2. Then it sounds to me like the whole talk about "journeys" isn't really that much of a big care, if even people wanting x1 wouldn't toggle that rate, but rush along with the others instead, making it so the "journey" talk is about simply trying to force the ones who want to go faster to go much slower.
    You are absolutely wrong. "why should I walk" when I can "take a taxi". Another thing is when everyone is on an equal footing.

There are people who do not agree with me. But for Vanilla x5 experience rates are not compatible in the long run. x2 on release and x3 after reaching level 60 of the first character on the server is one of the best solutions. In my opinion and most of the people based on the comments (and from the experience of other Vanilla servers, of course).

And if you decide to keep the "experience for level" values from version 3.3.5 (at x5 rates), it will be a disaster.

3. @Obnoxious

When do we get more info about the realm itself?

- Is it going to be PvP or PvE?
    - Are talents gonna be WotLK ones but locked to current content or somehow you will revert vanilla talents into WotLK client?
    - How much delay in between opening contents/phases?
    - How much things from vanilla gonna be same? Will you revert Scarab Lord questline to reflect only one person per raid to pick head, or those bugs to be elite when farmed? Etc etc..

4. You are absolutely wrong. "why should I walk" when I can "take a taxi".
    Because that's what you want to do?
    Did something happen with people's autonomy to play a game the way they choose, within the possibilities, and I missed the memo?

If you just want to go at the fastest pace available, I already covered it: you at the same time want to not be left behind AND remove the choice from others to go at a different place. Who cares how sizable the amount of these others is, right? Well, I doubt you will have it your way, take that as you wish.

When do we get more info about the realm itself?
    Answered in the very first post of this thread.

5. @Obnoxious Originally I didn't read well part that we will have each expansion like it's own, which is nice.

What about PvP/PvE part?

6. I mean this:
    Keep an eye at this section over the coming months as we will modify realm design based on Beta feedback and add more information as time passes.

7. your idea of x1 is horrible and will just have tons of bots because people dont want to waste so much time leveling. we should have a poll. anyways ill probably will be able to bear x5 leveling but not x1, x1 is awful.
    If you leveled vanilla at 7x, you would be done with the game in under two weeks. at 7x you could hit level 60 in about 10 hours of played time. That's absolutely silly.

8. If you leveled vanilla at 7x, you would be done with the game in under two weeks. at 7x you could hit level 60 in about 10 hours of played time. That's absolutely silly.
    I don't know how slow you level up, but I would need 3-4 hours for exp rate x5 to get to 60. At exp rate x7, lvl 60 would take 2-3 hours xd

9. I don't see how people are talking about "preserving classic" with 1x exp rates and having BE paladins in the same post. Let exp rates be variable so people can play how they please. The important questions are 1) can AOE loot be implemented as a QOL upgrade and 2) What client will the server be played on? The addon library for something like this may be very underwhelming.

10. May I ask you please provide the MacOS of the Vanilla , that wold be awesome.

11. I ask only one thing, make x1 rates for everything, let it be hard in three generations of patches, I understand the situation of many, played enough in 2003-10, I already have families, work, I myself work and go to the gym and there is still a lot to do, but Still, I want to pass this raid!
    There is no such thing anywhere else, so that from vanilla to lich, please do not make a mistake, at the end x1 was the default, initially.
    Another request, with which perhaps many will agree, make a transfer to Lordaeron after the end of the season, or upon reaching level 80 (for certain investments, for example).
    And I really hope that the season will last at least a year)
    Thank you.

12. how will vanilla pvp work with the wotlk client? honor panel has a different interface etc.

13. @gaulen8 horse****, its impossible to get to 60 in 4 hours with only x5 rate, unless you are being helped by others.

14. Because that's what you want to do?
    Did something happen with people's autonomy to play a game the way they choose, within the possibilities, and I missed the memo?

If you just want to go at the fastest pace available, I already covered it: you at the same time want to not be left behind AND remove the choice from others to go at a different place. Who cares how sizable the amount of these others is, right? Well, I doubt you will have it your way, take that as you wish.
    If the server allows me for faster leveling, I will use that. If the server allows me to up reputation 2 times faster, I will not farm twice as much. If the server allows me an Rdf function, I won't ignore it, just because it destroy vanilla essence.

Yes, even if I prefer walking, but everyone in my city drives cars, then I will use it. But if driving is restricted in my city, then no. If everyone uses smartphones, I won't use the old Nokia 3310. It's about if you don't want x5 experience rates, set x1 for yourself individually. In this case.

Other thing is how long the realm will be alive. I wish only best future for realm. This is why i care about low rates (x2-3 max) and pvp as default for now. But only the time will show us.

15. a major concern will be the dead specs in classic meaning that guilds will basically run Prot warriors and make them switch over to the much more viable classes in the later expansion to prot paladin or blood dk. Unless paladins are made to be actual viable tanks during classic same as feral druids.

First ... 1523242526273575125 ... Last