1. I'm also curious if the 60 phase will have the original PvP system with ranks instead of honor points. That made AV battles WAY more fun, as it no longer became about winning, but kill farming. It will make AV last hours, not 20 minutes. Those insanely long AV battles are honestly the pinnacle of WoW PvP and it has never been as good since...

2. I'm also curious if the 60 phase will have the original PvP system with ranks instead of honor points. That made AV battles WAY more fun, as it no longer became about winning, but kill farming. It will make AV last hours, not 20 minutes. Those insanely long AV battles are honestly the pinnacle of WoW PvP and it has never been as good since...
    This is an absolute masterpiece
    This is what happen to a mental thread when u start clearing posts from it that aint mental, it becomes even more ******ed

"AV Battles on Vanilla is a pinacle of wow pvp" this **** can't be made up, ****in brilliant

3. Will there be option to change exp from x5 to x1 for example?

4. This is an absolute masterpiece
    This is what happen to a mental thread when u start clearing posts from it that aint mental, it becomes even more ******ed

"AV Battles on Vanilla is a pinacle of wow pvp" this **** can't be made up, ****in brilliant
    In modern AV, Horde and Alli just run right past each other and focus on the fastest boss kill. It no longer is about PvP, it's PvE with occasional skirmishes. AV, when it was an actual battle, was absolutely amazing. You would push Alliance all the way back to the bridge, and then Rogues would start to pick healers off in the back, Alli would push forward towards the next GY or two, and then suddenly you're fighting over Snowfall GY. A little more work on Alli's part and then you find yourself at Frostwolf Keep. Then Horde turtles at their GY and pushes Alli back towards Iceblood Graveyard, and then you look up and you've been in AV for 2 hours, have hundreds or maybe even a thousand HK's.

Tell me that massive battles like that are less fun than speedrunning AV in 15 minutes. Because that isn't PvP, that's just PvE with extra steps.

5. My question tho is what about addons ? Can i use all ready 3.3.5 ones or do i need to downgrade to match the servers curent progression.
    3.3.5 Addons since it's 3.3.5 client.

Problem is possible item stat changes etc. from 1.0 to 3.3.5, unless the items are as they would be in 3.3.5
    Then there's the fact that some items are unavailable/not listed in addons like Atlasloot. E.g. there's Tier 3 which is listed in Atlasloot, but it's not showing the raid it's from, nor are there level 60 Naxx, Onyxia either.

6. I'd also like to find out how buffed (if at all) the PvE content is going to be. If it's unbuffed, I don't know if 40m -> 25m is going to be enough to make it interesting. ZG/AQ20 unbuffed with 20-man groups is going to take like 15 minutes.

If this realm wants to be interesting and keep players around for longer than a few months, it needs to differentiate itself from Blizzard classic. Make the PvE content challenging please, especially if there's going to be an item s

7. In modern AV, Horde and Alli just run right past each other and focus on the fastest boss kill. It no longer is about PvP, it's PvE with occasional skirmishes. AV, when it was an actual battle, was absolutely amazing. You would push Alliance all the way back to the bridge, and then Rogues would start to pick healers off in the back, Alli would push forward towards the next GY or two, and then suddenly you're fighting over Snowfall GY. A little more work on Alli's part and then you find yourself at Frostwolf Keep. Then Horde turtles at their GY and pushes Alli back towards Iceblood Graveyard, and then you look up and you've been in AV for 2 hours, have hundreds or maybe even a thousand HK's.

Tell me that massive battles like that are less fun than speedrunning AV in 15 minutes. Because that isn't PvP, that's just PvE with extra steps.
    you've just described an average battle of herd vs herd that happens more often than not on wotlk, when ppl don't care about objectives and just go fight wall to wall, while their towers are burning typical AV really, the only fun thing about av is holding the tower with friends, rest is meaningless and overextended bore that gets stale after a couple of times

you are probably the only person i've seen that thinks of av favorably especially vanilla's av

8. Hello
    Since the users of the realm will be both PvE and PvP players, they should be able to coexist without conflicts. Since not all players respects others, I am asking for the ability to enable/disable PvP in all areas. I believe those who like PvP will always have it turned on and those who are interested in PvE content will be able to turn it off to play in peace (to do quests, explore, etc).
    Kind regards
    T.

9. I am asking for the ability to enable/disable PvP in all areas.
    That's called "making the server PvE."
    In my personal opinion, which isn't hinting or confirming anything, just from being here this long, I doubt that will happen.

10. 3.3.5 Addons since it's 3.3.5 client.

Problem is possible item stat changes etc. from 1.0 to 3.3.5, unless the items are as they would be in 3.3.5
    Then there's the fact that some items are unavailable/not listed in addons like Atlasloot. E.g. there's Tier 3 which is listed in Atlasloot, but it's not showing the raid it's from, nor are there level 60 Naxx, Onyxia either.
    Any info on drop/rep/profession rates? Also 5x?

11. Last version of Frostmourne had such ability and there were no problems.

12. It´s been an entertaining read to go through all the posts in this thread. A long one too, but definitely worthwhile to have as a snack while we wait for the Beta and any future updates to what can be a great new server for this community.

When new servers arise, it´s obvious that players will have different opinions and preferences when making suggestions (some even demanding them haha), but I trust the moderators' criteria in listening and analyzing everything that is said here to make a great and long-lasting server. Although some players come across as a little aggressive, most are formulating elaborate proposals and it feels great to see that they care.

Will definitely be giving this one a solid try, stoked about the idea to be back in Warmane after such a long time. Heck, might even donate a few bucks to support the server within my possibilities.
    Again, thanks to the staff/devs for their dedication and hard work put into this community. We're expectant to see what you can deliver to this community once again :)

13. Last version of Frostmourne had such ability and there were no problems.
    That's great for Frostmourne's third season, but this is neither Frostmourne or a Frostmourne season.

14. Hello
    I believe those who like PvP will always have it turned on and those who are interested in PvE content will be able to turn it off to play in peace (to do quests, explore, etc).
    PvP usually starts with one unwilling participant, and then that person gets upset and starts fighting back. Turning it into a PvE server effectively kills any unorganized world PvP.

World PvP was a major, major part of the level 60 experience, and I hope that Onyxia is PvP.

15. But these forced PvP ends with low level players killed for no reason by bored Lvl 60, 70, 80...
    In addition, there are a huge number of people who are not interested in "fighting back". Those who like it can turn on PvP permanently already at level 1 and do everything while being exposed to attacks. What's wrong in giving people a choice?

First ... 2028293031324080130 ... Last