1. Hello Warmane Staff.
    I've been on this server for quite a few years now (back when it wasn't called Warmane) and I have a few suggestions. For Beta server is great 5 x (can get faster and check mostly thing in realm) and start the real server. During this time you can make a poll about the exp (1x, 2x, 3x, 5x ) I think the 3x is perfectly/balanced to feel the game and not to waste a lot time in. I have one more suggestion. Just to have some limit/threshold of population divergence. For example, if the horde is 3000 people, an alliance 1000 simply doesn't allow characters to be created by the horde until, for example, they reach 3000hord / 2500 alliance or something similar. I guess it might take time to do it, but the balance will be 1 time and there will be no error.

Regards.

2. Hello Warmane Staff.
    Just to have some limit/threshold of population divergence. For example, if the horde is 3000 people, an alliance 1000 simply doesn't allow characters to be created by the horde until, for example, they reach 3000hord / 2500 alliance or something similar. I guess it might take time to do it, but the balance will be 1 time and there will be no error.

Regards.
    BAD IDEA, it will completely block me from creating my gazillion bank and farm alt on the faction I'm playing as for an unknown amount of time.

3. I don't think anyone discussed this at all, or it might not concern anyone, but I have a concern of my own:
    My only concern atm is the end of each season. what is putting me off from trying these seasonal realms is the fact that at the end, my character will be moved to Icecrown. As a Lordaeron only player, my chars in Icecrown will be dead to me.
    Is there any chance that we will be able to choose to move to lordaeron instead? or is this final and out of question?
    The main reason for preventing the move from Frostmourne to Lordaeron was the cash shop, since Lordaeron is a "No-cashshop" realm. But since Lordaeron is pretty much progressed atm and end content has been cleared years ago, maybe it would be a possibility now?
    on the other hand some players on Lordaeron might complain about players moving from Onyxia to Lordaeron with "cash shop SM and HC ICC gear" which will imbalance the realm drastically.
    I don't know a work around this but I hope we find a middle ground solution.
    Finally, as a veteran player from the old moltenwow, hats off to the warmane team for being around all these years delivering quality content and reliable long-term servers.

4. I don't think anyone discussed this at all, or it might not concern anyone, but I have a concern of my own:
    My only concern atm is the end of each season. what is putting me off from trying these seasonal realms is the fact that at the end, my character will be moved to Icecrown. As a Lordaeron only player, my chars in Icecrown will be dead to me.
    Is there any chance that we will be able to choose to move to lordaeron instead? or is this final and out of question?
    The main reason for preventing the move from Frostmourne to Lordaeron was the cash shop, since Lordaeron is a "No-cashshop" realm. But since Lordaeron is pretty much progressed atm and end content has been cleared years ago, maybe it would be a possibility now?
    on the other hand some players on Lordaeron might complain about players moving from Onyxia to Lordaeron with "cash shop SM and HC ICC gear" which will imbalance the realm drastically.
    I don't know a work around this but I hope we find a middle ground solution.
    Finally, as a veteran player from the old moltenwow, hats off to the warmane team for being around all these years delivering quality content and reliable long-term servers.
    It's not just the cash shop that's blocking such a move, it's exp and gold/reputation/craft increases too.

5. I don't think this would be a great idea.
    First of all, this will be putting off some player since you will be limiting their choice and preference of the game.
    Second, this will have a lot of work arounds such as creating lvl 1 alts from the lower pop faction just to enable the closed faction again, so on paper there are 1500 horde and 1500 alliance but half of those are just lvl 1 alts.
    Finally, a normal solution that most servers use is free faction change enabled to the lower pop faction, sometimes with benefits like more honor rewards for the lower pop faction until the two are balanced.

6. It's not just the cash shop that's blocking such a move, it's exp and gold/reputation/craft increases too.
    I know, it's just not worth investing - for me at least a lordaeron player - in a character where I know at the end it will be transferred to Icecrown where I'm not playing, so Onyxia might feel like just a nostalgia trip to experience the old expansions once and that's it.

I'm just hoping for a solution or a just a workaround, like limiting what you take with you when you transfer or something like that. its just a thought.

7. In principle, it is so, but there is still a solution. Just not active characters (for example, 1st level) who sit as if to save a name or other reason. In case of inactivity for 2-3 months, the character has not raised even 1 level to be deleted (these are quite extreme measures). I just suggested it since it's quite unpleasant to have a 10k horde and 2k ally. In this way, they limit the other part of the people who want to ally, but since there is too little number of Ally and they will not be able to do normal PVE, for example, they are forced to go to horde, since there are more people there and it will be easier to do/ bring people together. While these 2k when I play, when not.

I just gave some suggestion that has development or basis for thought.

8. I know, it's just not worth investing - for me at least a lordaeron player - in a character where I know at the end it will be transferred to Icecrown where I'm not playing, so Onyxia might feel like just a nostalgia trip to experience the old expansions once and that's it.

I'm just hoping for a solution or a just a workaround, like limiting what you take with you when you transfer or something like that. its just a thought.
    As a Lordaeron player, I am perfectly fine with my characters going to Icecrown. Any character from a server with an item store should not go to Lordaeron. If you enjoy Lordaeron as you say, you should be committed to maintaining the integrity of Lordaeron by preventing any characters from servers with item shops from joining that server.

9. "World PvP was a major, major part of the level 60 experience, and I hope that Onyxia is PvP."

Not just level 60 experience (people do know Onyxia will span 60-80, right?), but entire WoW experience all together.
    True, but the introduction of the Honor Point system changed things a lot and pushed people more towards BGs and away from World PvP as there was virtually no benefit to participating in, or instigating, large-scale World PvP battles (except for fun). World PvP actually played a large role in Vanilla, which is what I meant.

10. But these forced PvP ends with low level players killed for no reason by bored Lvl 60, 70, 80...
    In addition, there are a huge number of people who are not interested in "fighting back". Those who like it can turn on PvP permanently already at level 1 and do everything while being exposed to attacks. What's wrong in giving people a choice?
    Okay, but the default should be "PvP is on by default, and you have to turn it off every time you log in." Otherwise, it's just a PvE server.

11. As a member of Molten Wow / Warmane since 2011, I love this concept!

Im all in for the classic era, but I think me and many others of this community has been doing it many, many times before.

x5 concept is great, I think even x3 would be great for it. Atleast make the rates optional for plyaers as Icecrown has.

PLEASE keep it as a PvP server.

I'm also wondering about the PvP and Honor system, is it going to be a rank grind? Feels like the season of "classic expansion" till be
    little too short to be able to farm the best gear. My suggestion is that you increase Honor gained rates and make R14 gear available for
    honor only. With that said the world pvp would be BLOOMING.

If it's going to be a full-on PvE realm, then the pvp players would not enjoy the expansion as much.

Last question: Is the beta access available for everyone or only players with a Donationrank on their account?

Thank you, looking forward for this project!

12. personally would love rated wsg/ab, but have to wait to see i guess

13. As a Lordaeron player, I am perfectly fine with my characters going to Icecrown. Any character from a server with an item store should not go to Lordaeron. If you enjoy Lordaeron as you say, you should be committed to maintaining the integrity of Lordaeron by preventing any characters from servers with item shops from joining that server.
    I'm completely fine with transferring my character to Lordaeron "Naked" with just achievements. Maybe that could be an option to choose to go to lordaeron but give up your gear and inventory? idk I'm just thinking loud.

14. I'm completely fine with transferring my character to Lordaeron "Naked" with just achievements. Maybe that could be an option to choose to go to lordaeron but give up your gear and inventory? idk I'm just thinking loud.
    Not if the exp rate you leveled with was something other than 1x

First ... 2634353637384686136 ... Last