1. This argument has always been so weak because it ignores the fundamental premise of an MMO; if you segregate the intent of various players then it decreases community incentive and participation at large. It's the same tired argument people made back during cata when advocating for flying mounts in Azeroth, do you want that as well? The majority playing wrath respect that that's not a feature and have no desire to see it implemented. If you do, you might as well go play on a cata server. The irony is that YOU are the one trying to impose your way of life on others by insisting that everybody play with an opt-in opt-out system, even though the functionality of an opt-in/opt-out system is deeply different than an automatic pvp system. Lastly, IN VANILLA SPECIFICALLY, A MAJOR FACET OF THE ENDGAME REVOLVES AROUND FIGHTING FOR RESOURCES, SINCE THE GAME IS SO WORLDBUFF AND CONSUMABLE ORIENTED. If you remove this, nobody will willfully flag, because why disadvantage yourself when contesting resources? So 'optional' pvp in the context of vanilla isn't really optional, as everyone will just default to pve, and the economy will become static as a consequence. You remove pvp-realms in vanilla (a game entirely about the dynamic of the world itself), then you remove the dynamic of the world and you reduce the game to being a raidlog simulator, for... the most simplistic, and the easiest, version of the game ever made in terms of pve. That novelty and appeal will not last. Enjoy your raidlogging dad simulating 1 button rotation game, I guess.
    Just an fyi: there were pve realms in Vanilla.

Also.../pvp. There you go. Now pvp to your heart's content.

But maybe you're right that segmenting players is wrong. Let's get rid of factions too. Why split the playerbase in half like that?

2. Just an fyi: there were pve realms in Vanilla.

Also.../pvp. There you go. Now pvp to your heart's content.

But maybe you're right that segmenting players is wrong. Let's get rid of factions too. Why split the playerbase in half like that?
    Also.../pve. There you go, but drop is only 10%
    Also.../pvp.There you go. drop is 100%

3. Hello why cant i download the client nothing happens when i click on download link... And whch is it 3.3.5???

4. just a quick question - will you be able to play on any vanilla client or are we able to download the warmane client before release?

My download rate kinda sucks over here and it would be kind of a bummer if I had to wait hours while everyone in my group is already playing.

5. just a quick question - will you be able to play on any vanilla client or are we able to download the warmane client before release?

My download rate kinda sucks over here and it would be kind of a bummer if I had to wait hours while everyone in my group is already playing.
    You play from the standard wotlk client.

6. We have applied the feedback and suggestions we received from countless players to improve and refine our realm design. Keep an eye at this section over the coming months as we will modify realm design based on Beta feedback and add more information as time passes. Onyxia will feature:

• Experience rate of x5
    • Quality of Life features
    • You will be able to experience the original spells, talents and mechanics, gear stats and functions of each expansion, without having to switch your standard WoW client that you own and use to play on Warmane realms with.
    • Marketplace similar to Icecrown model.
    • Character trading and the trading system available as on Lordaeron.
    • Each expansion season will have a set duration. The content of each season will be divided in tiers. The content of the first tier will be available on day one. Every few months, the content will progress further.

Notice that third bullet? *surprised Pikachu*

7. Not being a PvP realm, especially without arena until TBC of course, will severely diminish the desire to play. Particularly with world bosses like Kazzak and the Green Dragons during the vanilla section. I feel it NEEDS to be a PvP realm to satisfy everyone.
    Sweaty hands typed this

8. Also.../pve. There you go, but drop is only 10%
    What are you suggesting here? That people who flag themselves for pvp get higher drop rates from quests? That's an interesting idea. A ways back I said there could be some type of Warmode that offers perks for flagging for pvp. Usually that's just like an exp bonus or maybe a damage bonus or something. But higher drop rates is a cool thought. Probably harder to code though. Someone mentioned world buffs earlier, which I concede does spur on interesting pvp interactions as dispelling them from the opposite faction is rather hilarious. Maybe world buffs could automatically flag you for pvp too. Again, no idea how difficult that is to pull off. Just a thought.

In any event, I think it's a great idea to offer incentives for people to flag themselves. This server isn't going completely Vanilla authentic anyway. For example, they have RDF in Vanilla. I don't say that as a criticism, just as a fact they're not beholden to 'it wasn't like that in Vanilla!!!' So if it makes the experience better, I'm all for it. Therefore a pve server with some kind of perks and benefits from flagging for pvp that the devs think is appropriate could work very well. Players who want to flag themselves for pvp get to partake in their preferred playstyle and get a little advantage for doing so. Other players who just want to chill and relax can do that as well, at the loss of those perks.

Seems like a good compromise.

9. Any idea of what the ranking system is going to look like? will probably effect peoples class choices

10. Any idea of what the ranking system is going to look like? will probably effect peoples class choices
    thit is why classic vanilla 2003 was one in a life thing and can't be relive anymore. choosing a class too have more changes to be among the rank 14 top elite supreme gods of pvp. what's actually wpvp doesn't gonna give, only bgs and start at lvl 58, can't kill lows, can't kill same dudes, have to be in bgs 8-16hs per day straight every single week without missing a day

11. thit is why classic vanilla 2003 was one in a life thing and can't be relive anymore. choosing a class too have more changes to be among the rank 14 top elite supreme gods of pvp. what's actually wpvp doesn't gonna give, only bgs and start at lvl 58, can't kill lows, can't kill same dudes, have to be in bgs 8-16hs per day straight every single week without missing a day
    There is ways to reduce it and disable the deranking system so its more attractive for everyone in 2023.

12. Also.../pve. There you go, but drop is only 10%
    I think your numbers are a bit off, but most of us who have been vocal for a PvE realm have also suggested/advocated a form of "warmode" where you stay flagged for PvP and get a bonus to your character...whether that bonus is to loot drop rates, or XP, or anything else is up for discussion....but a reasonable buff would encourage people to flag, without making it so OP that it's seen as mandatory for all but the most min-maxed powergamers. Depending on the bonus, maybe it should only apply to open-world events (ie if it's a boost to xp rate, it doesn't apply in RDF)...to make sure people who are flagging actually go out into the open world to use it, instead of abusing it while "staying safe" in RDF/cities...since that's one of the other major fears of the "world PvP/player interaction" crowd...we can knock out two problems with one...easy...fix.

13. I like this idea but I hope it doesnt reduce Icecrown pop too much through people moving to this server. I personally dont have the mood of playing Vanilla all over again especially when its an 5x thing meaning the real Vanilla leveling experience would be gone, and it will just be raidlogging since there is literally nothing to do in Vanilla once youre 60 other than raids and PVP. I think it would be fun for the first few months when there are enough people leveling though.

First ... 1757656667686977117 ... Last