1. I think the best idea might be a poll.
    See if 3x 5x 1x 7x or whatever rate will be the most popular.
    That would be possibly the best for the server's popularity.

Same for PVE PVP although this is a very divisive question.
    I'd be curious what is the most popular option, but ofc if it is PVP I might just say "...eeeeh no thanks"
    I don't want a 2nd Northdale experience (if you were there in the months prior to classic launch you know what I'm talking about)

It would be good to see other options also as a compromise, which might suit even more people:

1. PVE server but option to permanently flag your character for bonus XP or w/e (and it can only be turned off once)

2. PVE server but option to get some extra cosmetic item/tabard/glow/name colour/whatever if you flag for pvp and spend X time in it in contested zones not in town, or get X kills or get X honor outside BGs

3. PVP server, but only enforced PVP combat in endgame zones, or let's say 40lvl+ zones or 49lvl+ zones (I think the first level that is not grey to you if you are 60, is a player that is lvl49 or 48 I can't remember)

4. PVP server, but only enforced PVP flagging if you are 48lvl+ (in TBC increase to whatever... 66+)

Hardcore pvp-pve players can't be swayed, but the people in the middle can possibly be made to think for example "I would not want to play PVP server at all whatsoever, but if it's only endgame zones that are PVP flagged, I will give it a shot, at least I can't be ganked in redridge"

2. finally i can do somthing again with my life! after pushing out a baby from my ******! looking forward to this vanilla - TBC - WOTLk expansion.

3. I fully understand that "World Bosses" (in vanilla and TBC) should be PvP/Arena areas...the way the game was designed around those bosses, you're SUPPOSED to fight other raids for the kill and loot. But I don't see anything (besides the "it's custom!!!!" anathema) stopping those sub-zones from being flagged for PvP/Arena while keeping the rest of the world PvE. Or keeping the majority of the world PvE while having only a few zones (or rotating zones) for PvP...Eastern Plaguelands and Sithilus both have end-game world PvP objectives/content that making them PvP zones might promote...but there's no need to make the entire world a griefing ganker's paradise.

4. I would not want to play PVP server at all whatsoever, but if it's only endgame zones that are PVP flagged, I will give it a shot, at least I can't be ganked in redridge
    Dude, don't make **** up. Vanilla is primarily about PvP, if it's a pure PvE realm nobody will play it. If you dont want to play it, just dont play it. They will not change realm types for minority of players.

Check how private pvp realms are populated against PvE realms or check wotlk classic realm types. Like the vast majority is PvP.

You can still play PvE on PvP realm it does not matter actually. The only thing that worries me is that if you are afraid that someone will want to break your hair on the way to Molten Core, this game is not for you.

5. Ok but

- I give options / you give black and white

- You are one on the PVP side, i'm one on the PVE side
    but how many are on each side?

Large pvp servers in private scene? There aren't any PVE servers. How do you know how many would play PVE if there were?
    There simply aren't.

There are some huge PVE servers in classic however and those only grew in population.

"You can still play PVE on PVP realm..."
    hey man!
    YOU CAN STILL PLAY PVP ON PVE REALM. in fact it doesn't matter actually because there are still BGs and later arenas. also, nobody stops you and other like minded people from turning on PVP anywhere in the world.

So the only thing a pvp player is missing out on is killing those that are not interested in PVP/are fighting already 2 mobs/for any reason are low hp/ are afk / are low lvl and have no chance.

So again: Proof that MAJORITY of players on this realm would prefer this or that type of server?
    I want to see the numbers. Even just curiosity, GMs probably made up their mind already.

Or some answers from GM team would be good like "the decision is final, server will be PVX"
    Then we can stop arguing about it and all can go on their merry way.

6. Is there a time frame on how long BETA will be? sorry if it was stated. I searched for an answer but could not find it.

7. I feel like x5 is a bit too much, good for the beta but if its going to progress through all expansions maybe x3 being the highest would be nice :)

8. finally i can do somthing again with my life! after pushing out a baby from my ******! looking forward to this vanilla - TBC - WOTLk expansion.
    I did this once... well, I passed a kidney stone. But the little guy was cute so I kept him.

9. I mean, I just love when I'm questing out in the open world, killing that elite or pack of mobs solo for a quest objective, using all of my CDs just to accomplish my objective, hoping the RNG favors me (because when it does, I should be 10hp from death) only to have a stealthed rogue backstab me seconds after I start the pull...you know he was there the whole time and waiting for me to make the pull too, so I couldn't defend myself against him. Really engaging player interaction. And that's the vast majority of PvP interaction I see when I'm force flagged...yeah, I can't understand why no one wants to experience that.
    So let me get this straight, you are willing to sack a whole aspect of the Vanilla experience (including scummy rouge encounters) so you can solo elites with your hunter? Nice thinking mate ?

I am not blinded sided I can understand the unappeal of open PvP realm, but if it's complete PvE server with 5x RDF it's complete waste of a project. Is that your social interaction with the game? Soloing elites and killing chickens and cougars in STV? Call out your faction (I'll be playing Alliance it will be even worse on that side) find buddies to defend yourselves, whats the whole point of playing vs mindless AI/Bots environment, that's not single player game...

Anything that doesn't atleast allow open PvP zones in the higher 40+ lvl bracket is "I won't play in this server" The fact that everything will be filled with asocial PvErs who love farming mobs and bots farming nodes and herbs, yeah no thanks. Level your toon in the RDF find buddies there and got out in the "wild".

10. I'm just wondering where all those "PvP is a no go for me" players have been playing all those years...I mean beside last season of Frostmourne, there were how many PvE realms?
    That's all I'm gonna add into this silly "discussion".

11. I think a hybrid PVP/PVE realm is the best option. A place where several zones/sub-zones are flagged for worldPVP at any given time while still leaving enough zones for PVE players to keep their worldPVP flag turned off and do their PVE without getting harassed/impeded by worldPVPers. The current patch's raid zone is best kept a worldPVP optional zone as you cannot teleport into a raid like you can into a dungeon.

This will create plenty of worldPVP opportunity as well as opportunity to level and farm in PVE mode both at the same time without one group needing to exclude the other group.

12. I'm just wondering where all those "PvP is a no go for me" players have been playing all those years...I mean beside last season of Frostmourne, there were how many PvE realms?
    That's all I'm gonna add into this silly "discussion".
    Where were all the PVE servers all these years? They only ever opened PVP servers
    In classic wow there are some PVE servers, i was on Mirage raceway.

13. So you won't touch any balance issues of vanilla like non playable specs at the time?

14. Whole thread about what not and only one fellow asked about soloq

Can i get a confirmation or denial from ACTUAL responsible people on soloq in as early as TBC thanks

15. Oh my god, what are these discussions for? Everyone asks to implement what is convenient for him, someone asks for x5 rates, someone asks for PVP, someone is for or against the RDF. Just make a vote on the site on the first page!!! Button voting!

And finally, it will become clear what the majority wants, and then the developers themselves will already compare the opinion of the majority, and their interests / benefits, and how expedient it all is.

By the way, I'm for x1 rates for everything, world PVE, preferably with RDF

First ... 41495051525361101 ... Last