1. Yeah if it's going to be a PvE realm i'm probably out.

0 reason to make it PvE especially in vanilla where literally the most fun memories/interactions are in the open world

Also having the option to do RDF and stay in SW/OG should be enough to dodge the "gankers"

Rly hyped if it's going to be a PvP realm

2. Odd, I see the same green as yours. The title just means he has been around for a while and has consistently offered help/knows how we work to give accurate advice.

It's ironic that in your previous post you said Ohie was being contradictory to his own opinions, then write the lines above.
    Which is it, QoL or "true essence"? You seem to be picking and choosing based on nothing but what you like, no real regards for the server itself.

How can you expect shamans and paladins available when you want this "true essence"? Them being faction locked is even a lore thing, you can't get more "true essence" than respecting the basic lore.

How can you want to dictate the pace others play the game at (or seemingly want to force them to interact with others) while being a "fan of QoL"? Being able to choose to not do the tiresome grind (yet again for many people) is definitely something that fits giving "quality" to players "lives." Not having to deal with gankers even more so, and not having to deal with people longer than a dungeon is the "galaxy brain" of QoL.

We have over a decade of statistics to guide our choices, even some failed experiments to tell us what doesn't work long term. Trust me, those comments don't add anything to the discussion or sway the Staff's decision, because they won't do anything to solve the problems that what they suggest could create down the line.
    I still stand for what I said about my feel of Ohie's arguments. Not going to add anything more to this.

If I understand correctly, you say I contradicts myself by saying "true essence" on the one end, and "QoL" that wasn't in original game on the another end. So let me clarify little bit better what I meant by this, since I didn't explained that well enough. By "QoL" I mean additions that wasn't in original game, but adding them could provide much better game experience, since we know original Vanilla had its flaws. For example, this is the reason why I am bit concerned of restricting shamans/paladin for H/A, respectively. On the other hand, by "true essence" of the game I mean the fundamental principles of what MMORPG genre is (interacting with others, achieving goals together, having fun), which is reason the reason why WoW got so popular back then, and is also the reason why new modern MMOs struggle currently to stick on the market and often die really fast - and if not, their playerbase is nowhere near what WoW used to be. By "true essence" I definitely didn't want to suggest that it means simply recreating Vanilla for WotLK game client. This is why I think I didn't contradict myself. Hopefully this will be enough as explanation, if not let me know.

To your third article - I don't want to dictate anything. Maybe if you put it in context with what i written above in this post, it will make more sense of what I actually meant. How can you think, that if I state that i'd prefer 1x rates or RDF disabled, I dictate others how should they play? I posted 2 times here, in both posts I stated that these are my personal opinions. I did so to prevent others to think I'm forcing anyone to do anything... I'm trying to picture here my point of view, which is, of course, in contradiction with someone's else POV, but that's the reason why I'm posting this, to share my concerns. All in all, lets metaphorically imagine we have two groups of people with different viewpoints. Because you are part of one of them, you can't just decide in their favor and ignore the second group, and vice versa.

It's all about compromises. If I want 1x rates but realm release with 3x rates, or 5x rates with option to adjust it to your liking, I would play the realm. Even though it didn't match exactly what i personally "wanted", but we all know that what the one wants is not always what he actually gets. Would it discourage me from playing? No. Not if I would see the effort from your part that you at least tried to satisfy as many people as possible, without forcing your own personal opinions.

3. RDF won't kill wPvP. Lordaeron and Icecrown have RDF (other with high rates as well), they also have strong presence of wPvP. Ever been to Tanaris, Sholazar, STV, Barrens, Hellfire Peninsula, Dark Portal, Nagrand, Borean Tundra, Icecrown, Storm Peaks, Un'goro, Arathi Highlands or Hillsbrad Foothills? Or any random zone with possibility of running to other faction? wPvP will happen.

RDF leveling from 15 upwards isn't the only way to level. Some players prefer questing over RDF. Queue times vary based on active roles, time of the day and a bit on level. If queue times are really long, people will do quests instead. Also RDF doesn't level your gathering professions either. RDF may cut down wPvP a bit, but don't forget max level wPvP is probably more common eventually than the occasional skirmish that may happen between few leveling players.

There are some vocal players demanding lower rates (who knows how many accounts are from same user). X5 is what it's atm going to be based on the announcement. If I wanted lower rates myself, I would ask for adjustable rates, not forcing everybody to go through the same. I'm not here forcing everybody should go with the rates I want. I'm about the player given choice of choosing their own EXP rates between 0.5x to 5x, could go as high as x7, but I'll keep the given x5 as an upper limit for now. Those who want their Vanilla x1 journeys can achieve that with adjusted x1 rate. I'm no Vanilla enthusiast/elitist, I like my QoL improvements added to the game, and shorter leveling times. I have no desire to spend weeks on end to level a single character. I'm sure many want to do that, and many who don't. Thus I'm all about the adjustable EXP rates. The best compromise for the situation.

I wouldn't say there are "dumbasses with lobotomy", but inexperienced, ignorant, out of touch or new players who just may not know how things usually go around here.

And as Obnoxious stated, I'm no part of Warmane staff.
    Thanks for your response. To the last sentence - I apologize to you too for stating you are part of WM staff. It's your title what confused me.

So, by reading your post I can say I agree with most of what you said (at least to certain extent). To dig further deep, I would redirect you to response of mine to Obnoxious post, which I posted on page 55. Should explain more how I'm thinking about all this and is relatively in context of what you said here. It's too early to judge what should be remained in original game, what should be added, and what should be excluded, since the Beta hasn't even launched.

Only to your statement about Lordaeron and Icecrown having RDF enabled. I remember that at the launch, RDF was disabled on Lordaeron for really long time. In my opinion, for the same reason as I was trying to state. But those servers are here for so damn long, that almost all people that play there are lvl 80 running around with Shadowmourne and so on, the most of the levellers are alts with full hierloom and it's hard for newcommer to catch up.... Nonetheless, what i wanted to say that for realms like these two there is no point of having RDF disabled. But that doesn't mean you can simply say that because of those two realms, it will work on Onyxia as well.

Cheers and have a nice day too!

4. If R14 weps are available on shop before Nax this server will be dead very soon

5. Does anyone how long is beta gonna take and what about the official release

6. Multibox will be allowed? I don´t think is healthy for the server when you can make 5 mages/rogues/druids to aoe/stealth farm dungeons, elites, etc.

7. zz

I think that it is a mistake design the raids like that. 40 men raids shall remain.

8. I think that it is a mistake design the raids like that. 40 men raids shall remain.
    I'm obviously not staff...but I'd say the primary idea behind this is that the same guild/raiding core you make at the start of the server should work for the whole span of the progression...there'll be no major guild restructuring needed (ie removing old members that were core raiders, or trying to go from one to two raid groups) when the raids transition from 40->25 when we progress into TBC. IF this is the purpose behind the change, then while I understand the fears of the "dead weight" classes/specs not getting carried because you can afford to in a 40-man group...I think it's a net positive for creating guilds that form and stick together for the entire server progression.

9. Regarding implementation of the RDF and the gear of the dungeons in Vanilla. Most of the classes don´t use their hightest armor type (Warriors use some leather pieces, Paladins & Shamans uses cloth for healing for the pre-bis, etc). If is the same system as in Icecrown right now, you can´t roll NEED on these itens unless your hightest armor type matches the item.

10. Pvp Realm >>>>>>

pvp outdoor in classic wow... its part of the essence

11. Let me jump onto this Pvp - Pve Realm bandwagon.
    As far as I can remember, people who love WPVP are those that like skulk and gank / grief other players. So they can have the most advantage to win the fight. Since they cant win in a fair fight.
    Thats why they are so adamant for WPVP. The real PVPers dont care, cos they kill players face to face in BG, Arena , (those that are readily flagged) & ETC.

I myself is a PVE realm supporter.
    So to "adapt" to these WPVP gankers, maybe a few suggestions...
    1) the infamous WARMODE. - perma PVP flag (until you turn off) - give REALLY attractive rewards (to lure even the most passive pve player to flag themselves)
    2) only end zones (where world boss are, raids are located) are PVP zones by default. the rest are normal zone, which you can flag yourself
    3) A anti-grief / gank mechanism on lowbie for multiple repeat kills (Can proc onto the non guards NPC too)
    4) Server PVP events at specific zone, every few hours (invasion styled) again with REALLY attritive rewards to lure the Pve crowd.

And for the exp rates, x1 - x5 is reasonable. Since is only a year for vanilla, you dont want to drag levelling out too long. Make it self adjustable.

Thank you everyone and good day.

12. Let me jump onto this Pvp - Pve Realm bandwagon.
    As far as I can remember, people who love WPVP are those that like skulk and gank / grief other players. So they can have the most advantage to win the fight. Since they cant win in a fair fight.
    Thats why they are so adamant for WPVP. The real PVPers dont care, cos they kill players face to face in BG, Arena , (those that are readily flagged) & ETC.

I myself is a PVE realm supporter.
    So to "adapt" to these WPVP gankers, maybe a few suggestions...
    1) the infamous WARMODE. - perma PVP flag (until you turn off) - give REALLY attractive rewards (to lure even the most passive pve player to flag themselves)
    2) only end zones (where world boss are, raids are located) are PVP zones by default. the rest are normal zone, which you can flag yourself
    3) A anti-grief / gank mechanism on lowbie for multiple repeat kills (Can proc onto the non guards NPC too)
    4) Server PVP events at specific zone, every few hours (invasion styled) again with REALLY attritive rewards to lure the Pve crowd.

And for the exp rates, x1 - x5 is reasonable. Since is only a year for vanilla, you dont want to drag levelling out too long. Make it self adjustable.

Thank you everyone and good day.
    Ashenvale, Feralas, Hinterlands and Azshara are early and midgame zones. Unless you mean those very specific areas within the zones where they are located, I'm fine with that. As for pvp zones in general only Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands should be that way.

13. we all know people who want x1 will be 60 in 4 days and start ganking/grienfing lows, right? they want 40man raids because they think 40 people will go to molten core to get killed, they snipe them and start laughing like back in 2003. they never go to a bg where the real pvp is, they think they become the 1% rank 14, but we are in 2023

i know, you are a grieftard/ganktard and for you is fun. i mean actually wpvp was fun, was...fun. was.

you are pro at pvp? got to bg, starts at lvl 10, bad team? do premades with others pro like you.
    you are a ganktard/grieftard of lows: oh you kill someone that was questing/mobing with pvp on, haha "pvp off" next time. sorry for other that want pvp the same lvl, but your psycho delusional twisted mind can't handle your schizo desire of ambush a low just ruined the mood.
    wpvp is a thing in classic 2023? you need to change your meds, now some few gonna start a raid war in searing gore or black rock mountain with the 40man raids. most will be like "freak it guys, just let them kill us, enter ghost and move out, my baby start crying or i have to work tomorrow"

14. Love the higher rate and the changes implemented. Hoping for a PVP realm and for world buffs to not work in raids

First ... 545535455565765105 ... Last