1. It doesn't make it worse, it reduces ganking by encouraging people to gank gankers. This prevents serial gankers from spending hours camping lowbies. And gankers will fight other gankers too, further reducing their ability to comfortably gank without punishment.
    It's a "Top 50" list where some people, most likely the worst offenders, wants to be in for the bragging rights.

Would rather see the system working in the background. The more you gank, the more honor you yield when you die (the extra honor decreases after every death). You could have a "current active bounties" board or something in every major city. The gankers listed there are in random order, and only showing those who are online to be hunted. Could even feature where the bounty was "last seen" aka current zone.

2. it would be kinda fun, however i dont think warmane would see it as a necessary to implement such custom.

3. All PVP issues, ganking etc. are solved by putting realm type Normal, everyone should be happy with that, no need for any custom systems or whatever when game provides solution.

4. All PVP issues, ganking etc. are solved by putting realm type Normal, everyone should be happy with that, no need for any custom systems or whatever when game provides solution.
    hell nah, been there done that. a server with one or two KILLABLE gankers is waaaay much better than Countless unkillable bots. Jesus no.

5. I have an idea for ganking. Create a bounty system for gankers. Every time you gank, you get a bounty of "honor" on your head. The amount of "honor" depends on the level difference of gank, and how many times you ganked.

There can be a board in the cities that shows the names of the top 50 gankers and the amount of bounty. So people can go to /who, track down gankers, and kill them which resets their bounty/honor back to zero.

This "bounty" or "honor" is a made-up custom currency. It has no purpose, you cant buy anything with it, and theres no hiscore or ladder for it. It purely exists to track gankers so people can hunt them.

What does this achieve? It turns ganking from an annoying thing sociopaths do, into a fun in-game activity. You can gank to gain notoriety, but you will have people hunting you down, as well as other gankers who want to remain at the top. So gankers start getting ganked the more they gank others. It's a way to balance ganking, while making the whole thing more fun.
    It doesn't make it worse, it reduces ganking by encouraging people to gank gankers. This prevents serial gankers from spending hours camping lowbies. And gankers will fight other gankers too, further reducing their ability to comfortably gank without punishment.
    qualifies as custom content so automatically more than likely a No.

but for arguments sake ;

if there's a board in the cities with top 50, that will be the ladder? it may not be on the website, but its still a ladder that people wanna be in regardless.
    at the very least this will just make people gank on classes that can live forever or hide away, like tanks or rogues. or simply log off when gankers realize they might get killed and come back later to keep ganking.

if the "bounty of honor" is a meaningless currency what incentivizes people to go and hunt these gankers? i assume the top 50 ladder spot ?

I can definitely see why it would be a fun thing to have, but the only reason it works on Retail is because there is a reward. actual honor. from which you can buy pvp items.
    if you wanted to make a system like this work. there has to be an actual reward for it.
    and that too has a huge risk of being abused by multiboxers. this is warmane, and unfortunately people love to abuse stuff.

6. It doesn't make it worse, it reduces ganking by encouraging people to gank gankers. This prevents serial gankers from spending hours camping lowbies. And gankers will fight other gankers too, further reducing their ability to comfortably gank without punishment.
    gankers don't fight nothing than lows, they are ****ing bad at pvp. there is no ganker that is good at pvp. and gankers mind doesn't work that way. in most guild that i play most of them are pve, so a ganker kills them like 20 times, they ask for help, i have to travel 30 min, kill the ganker, the ganker log off for like an hour, i keep doing my own business, then the ganker log on and start doing the same thing again, and again, and again and again. now i have to travel 1 hour from freaking silithus to (oh surprise) stranghlethorn vale to kill the same dude but now he has 2 rogues and a druid healer. they all get killed after i need help of another random dude that theyr friends are ganked 2.
    so at this point i SPEND MY ****ING PLAYABLE TIME DOING NOTHING MORE THAN FREAKING HELP BECAUSE SOME DUDE HAVE MENTAL ISSUES KILLING LOWS

7. Do we really need the marketplace? can't we just take it out of onyxia?

8. Do we really need the marketplace? can't we just take it out of onyxia?
    Are you offering to cover for all the donations that would come through the years from the Coins used there?

9. @Moderator

If you, as the management of the Warmane project, do not want to answer this question, then please do not delete the post that tries to answer and explain when the Onyxia realm can be expected to launch.
    You have no way of knowing when the server will start, unless you know someone in the development team who would leak such information.

Anything you say or think you know is a pure guess, since WM team official communication is very vague about their plans and time schedules.

Most of the people here still asking about the release have a trouble comprehending the simple fact that WM team will release this information ON THEIR WEB PAGE when THEY ARE READY and no matter how many people spaming will not force them to react to it in any way. I guess it's a hard effort to come once a week to the main page and see if there is a new announcement.

On the other hand seeying how WM team handles the communication, I don't blame people that they are impatient and ask constantly, since something like this ( if you want to play regulary ) takes a lot of your free time and needs to be planned and prepared for ahead, especially when it's PTE project. I did not see any informaton ( correct me if I am wrong ) on how the BETA is going and how far from completion we are nor any future plans for it.

Some sort of at least ( non-binding ) estimated date, for example 2024/Q1 would be much appreciated, but I understand that some less IQ gifted people would see this as a date set in stone, so it's understandable why WM team does not want to say anything about it, not even approximate date.

10. We gonna play every phases of wow thats fine but are we gonna play every phase with the patch class balancing?
    for exemple: the first patch on wotlk when DK can rez his friend in arena, and the DND ministun ?

11. is there any ETA of the release ?

12. is there any ETA of the release ?
    When it's ready to be released.

It's only guesses until an official announcement (of the release) is made.

13. We gonna play every phases of wow thats fine but are we gonna play every phase with the patch class balancing?
    for exemple: the first patch on wotlk when DK can rez his friend in arena, and the DND ministun ?
    My guess is they're going to follow the final patch's mechanics (ie 1.12 for vanilla phases, 2.4.3 for TBC, and 3.3.5 for Wrath)...and not try to have seperate talents and spells for every time a new raid phase launches. If that's the case, then the mechanics you're talking about that were in 3.0 and removed by the time 3.3.5 came out will not be a thing.

14. Hi everyone,

I would ask about pvp here. Will there be arenas in vanilla too? Also are they gonna implement some mechanism with rated bgs? I would love to see this, because if you are a pvp player like me then the arenas and rated bgs is very desired :)

Thanks

15. Hi everyone,

I would ask about pvp here. Will there be arenas in vanilla too? Also are they gonna implement some mechanism with rated bgs? I would love to see this, because if you are a pvp player like me then the arenas and rated bgs is very desired :)

Thanks
    No to both

First ... 4696136144145146147148 Last