1. why are the races locked? it doesnt add any negative to vanilla, if anything, it adds more benefits in terms of faction balance, and on top of that, we're gonna use 3.3.5 talents and skills by the looks of it, RDF can be implemented (WOTLK FEATURE) that will impact the game by miles and x5 which will on its own modify the essence of vanilla, but BE and Draenei cant be created from day 1????????

It makes 0 SENSE
    Ikr, I want Pandarens, Worgens, Kul Tirans, Lightforged Draeneis, Void Elves, Mechagnomes, Goblins, High Mountain Tauren, Mag'har Orcs, Nightborne, Vulperas, and Zandalari Trolls to be playable in WotLK. Not having them makes 0 sense. /s

Blood Elves and Draeneis are TBC thing, not vanilla. Same goes for DK's and WotLK.
    Did you even read what you quoted? It seems you didn't. Talents will reflect the expansion.

RDF is QoL update, same as higher rates. If you want to crawl on 30 grit sandpaper to reach level 60 or dungeon entrances, go a head.

2. I have 2 questions.
    1. We know the Experience rate will be x5, but does that mean profession and rep rates are also x5 or they will be x1 ?
    2. Will there be a date for name reservation ?

3. Beta

Does this mean that when the non-beta server is ready the characters in beta are going to be deleted and I have to do it again?
    Kinda feels like a waste of time to level up just to game test. But I do wanna play classic warmane, this Is really exciting!

4. I have 2 questions.
    1. We know the Experience rate will be x5, but does that mean profession and rep rates are also x5 or they will be x1 ?
    2. Will there be a date for name reservation ?
    1. I believe right now we are operating with x1 for reputation and professions, but this is TBD (to be determined).
    2. For the official launch, this is likely. For the beta, unlikely.

why are the races locked? it doesnt add any negative to vanilla, if anything, it adds more benefits in terms of faction balance, and on top of that, we're gonna use 3.3.5 talents and skills by the looks of it, RDF can be implemented (WOTLK FEATURE) that will impact the game by miles and x5 which will on its own modify the essence of vanilla, but BE and Draenei cant be created from day 1????????

It makes 0 SENSE
    Races are locked because it is a beta and we intend to test specific portions of content. In this particular case, things that are native to Vanilla.
    I also find it interesting that you say "we're gonna use 3.3.5 talents and skills by the looks of it" whilst quoting a post that specifically states that WotLK talents and skills won't be available until the appropriate expansion.
    The RDF system needs to be tested, at all stages of leveling, regardless of when it is to be added to the official realm release. Therefore, it needs to be tested at all stages of the leveling progression during the test.

It makes quite a lot of sense actually, but you need to understand that this is a beta test, not the official launch.

5. We're listening, but there are opinions on both sides of the fence, too. I think it'll be best if we wait to see how it goes during the beta.
    A sound take on the situation. However I'd still like the compromising approach of 2x or 3x at most after the beta is over. During beta I can see why it'd be a bit quicker.

6. A sound take on the situation. However I'd still like the compromising approach of 2x or 3x at most after the beta is over. During beta I can see why it'd be a bit quicker.
    The actual compromise approach isn't x2 or x3, though, it's having selectable rates.

7. This was true 10+ years ago. But plenty of games are launched in beta, and then it’s improved upon continuously.

8. Does this mean that when the non-beta server is ready the characters in beta are going to be deleted and I have to do it again?
    Kinda feels like a waste of time to level up just to game test. But I do wanna play classic warmane, this Is really exciting!
    You do know you don't have to play BETA, right ? You can skip it alltogether and just wait for the official realm to be announced and play there. BETA is for testing, not playing ... thinking that the characters will be transfered into the live realm is just mind boggling, how can anyone in their right senses think that.

Also if everyone had the same mindset as you, there wouldn't be any feedback and I am pretty sure you would be among the first ones to complain how the new server blows ... *sigh* seeing the latest "additions" to the forum, I am gonna give myself a long brake from this thread.

I have found a new level of respect to moderators of this forum, sorry if I ever said something against you. I couldn't do your job even if they paid me. Constant flow of special people asking for things that have been already answered in FIRST topic and not using their brains is just too much for my nerves to handle.

See you in BETA, wish you a strong nerves.

9. XP rates of x5 is ok.

X1 for rep and professions hmmm, I would go with x3 or x2 at least.

10. XP rates of x5 is ok.

X1 for rep and professions hmmm, I would go with x3 or x2 at least.
    yea i agree on 3x for both

11. yea i agree on 3x for both
    1x professions would be better for economy long term imo.

I'd really want to know the mentioned 10years of data about whether PVE or PVP servers are better for this occasion? @Obnoxious

12. I hope it is in Spanish. Will beta progress be saved? to know if I should try hard with my friends or not in leveling.

13. I hope it is in Spanish. Will beta progress be saved? to know if I should try hard with my friends or not in leveling.
    No progress will be saved, it's BETA. Wipe will happen before it goes live.

14. x5 with optional x1-3 sounds like a good idea. x5 is nice because people can level multiple alts. alts will keep the game alive with just 1 raid/phase available. most people who want x1 will spend 6-8days / played to level their char, will not level a 2nd one after that and will casually raid log for few months before they most likely stop playing. I've played on x1 retail and seen this too many times.

15. can't wait to get every pre-bis/bis drop in the beta and have 0 luck on actual release

First ... 848565758596068108 ... Last