1. I think this is going to be a PVP realm. A lot of us were hoping for PVE after last season of Frostmourne. These seasonal servers are so PVE focused, I really thought it went well. But I have been waiting to get a feel for how the staff felt about that final FM season being PVE.

I think its safe to say that if Onyia goes PVP that they may feel that PVP is the better fit for all of Warmanes projects. I logged into Onyxia just now and its PVP so I think its probably likely that it goes live as a PVP realm too. I wish the project success, and I had the time of my life on that last season of Frostmourne, but I can't handle the forced PVP stuff, so I'm gonna skip this one.
    I really dont understand this view especially with RDF you will get all the comfort, you can sit in city all day.

2. is the starting date is set?
    Far from it. 1st beta phase is still going. 2nd phase's start/duration/end is yet to be announced.

3. can there please be an option for x2 this time? 1x is too slow and 3x or higher is too high imo. but keep higher options too if wanted i dont mind as long as i can select 2x. my only other issue would be to increase the time before a corpse disappears, as a solo player, when you get caught up in a big mob they start to disappear before you are done fighting

4. Arguing? No. We are talking about views on the server. Regarding the rates, you are trying to force others to play with the lower rates you want, while I'm telling people to play with the rates they want and be happy about it. You're not budging from your "me want lower rates", and you throw in "a nice compromise" that benefits you more than the other spectrum. Funny. How about x4 rates with no adjustable rates?

Maybe you shouldn't compare yourself, or your progression, to others when you play the game(s). You're always at disadvantage if you compare yourself to others.
    "Disadvantage" at leveling first time, yes. Nothing else. Even if you chose to level x1 from the start, you notice that after you've leveled to 60/70/80, there are more players/characters leveling after you. There's always people leveling, so I don't see how you'd end up at disadvantage. If you want and enjoy slow leveling, why do you consider it being disadvantage not to be at max level in shorter time? Isn't the game most fun for you in leveling phase? Sounds like you want it all, but can't see that you may need to do compromises along the lines.

I like questing and exploration. I happen to like the max level content more. So I compromise the quest and exploration experience for the sake of what I find more enjoyable, and play the game where I find the most fun. Why don't you do the same? If I want to go explore and level slowly, I could do so with x1 at some point.

It may look like vanilla, or it may taste like TBC, but we know it's WotLK client. 3.3.5 client features in vanilla isn't vanilla, far from it. It's an imitation, albeit a better one with QoL fixes up to 3.3.5.
    I'd actually be happy with 4x over 5x.
    This is a MMO, a multiplayer game. Comparing yourselves to others comes with the territory. I don't know anyone that plays WoW in singleplayer mode.
    It doesn't matter that there are always people leveling. When a server launches is when it's most popular because fresh realms attract large amounts of players and slowly dwindle out. We've seen this happen with Frostmourne 3(?) times already.
    " why do you consider it being disadvantage not to be at max level in shorter time? Isn't the game most fun for you in leveling phase? "
    If someone is leveling at 1x, and someone is leveling at 5x, the guy at 5x has an advantage. Now the people who like to play at 1x are more susceptible to getting killed in pvp / higher level and better geared players. This is normal on a pvp server but what isn't is players setting their rate lower to their desired speed of leveling. That's a nice feature for people who want to experience lower rates on a server like Icecrown if they want a different leveling experience, but on a fresh server, it's a totally different dynamic.

Leveling slowly isn't as much fun when there are people leveling 5 times as fast as you, it's as simple as that. Maybe you don't enjoy leveling as much and want a higher rate to get to end game, but there are plenty of others who like the other way, and your way of compromise by lowering rates isn't a good enough solution to convince us otherwise.

A server that starts out in vanilla phase, with vanilla end game, vanilla talents and vanilla spells, even if on 3.3.5 (which is essentially what Classic wow is, except they use the retail client), is plain and simple VANILA until it progresses into TBC. Maybe it has some things from TBC/Wrath like QOL or certain things they left in the game, but that doesn't change the fact that the end game for the first phase is VANILLA.

If giving Warmane staff the suggestion to lower the rates is forcing others to play the way we want then you are doing the same by suggesting a higher rate.

5. Some information to take note of:
    - Class mechanics will be like vanilla
    - Diminishing returns will be like vanilla
    - Buffs from unfriendly targets will be hidden like vanilla
    - Spell scaling will be like vanilla
    - Stat scaling will be like vanilla. Even the formulas and numbers in the character info screen will be adjusted to the vanilla formulas (eg shamans will no longer get attackpower from agility, spirit to mp5 formula was adjusted and more.)
    - Hunter talent trees have been adjusted to be vanilla-like. We could not fit the old system into the WoTLK client so we went with something very similar.

This is only a small sample of the systems and adjustments we had to make to fully support vanilla. We are looking forward to showing it off to you all.
    From the first page. "Not vanilla btw" - OhieMitzen

6. If someone is leveling at 1x, and someone is leveling at 5x, the guy at 5x has an advantage. Now the people who like to play at 1x are more susceptible to getting killed in pvp / higher level and better geared players. This is normal on a pvp server but what isn't is players setting their rate lower to their desired speed of leveling. That's a nice feature for people who want to experience lower rates on a server like Icecrown if they want a different leveling experience, but on a fresh server, it's a totally different dynamic.

Leveling slowly isn't as much fun when there are people leveling 5 times as fast as you, it's as simple as that. Maybe you don't enjoy leveling as much and want a higher rate to get to end game, but there are plenty of others who like the other way, and your way of compromise by lowering rates isn't a good enough solution to convince us otherwise
    it must be an honor and a challenge for you and other like you killing people with better gear and lvl. like old classic vanilla. or is it something else? you people love lvling x1, doing 50 quest per lvl, doing old vanilla partys for a dungeon. you can even do a teamspeak for x1 called "the real playes". you can post images of killing someone 10 lvls higher and emote. never happen in wow history

7. The pve grinding was already tough to do, if you add forced pvp and lower drop rates I am skipping this realm.

8. it must be an honor and a challenge for you and other like you killing people with better gear and lvl. like old classic vanilla. or is it something else? you people love lvling x1, doing 50 quest per lvl, doing old vanilla partys for a dungeon. you can even do a teamspeak for x1 called "the real playes". you can post images of killing someone 10 lvls higher and emote. never happen in wow history
    Again, I never proposed 1x rate. I said I think 5x is too high and that 3x would be better, but keep making stuff up. I also support RDF and that's another reason I think the rate should be lowered since you can level insanely fast with RDF. Not suggesting vanilla with no changes like classic wow is.

9. Copy pasting my response on another thread...because it's relevant:

Let's say it takes you 10 real life days of playing to reach 60 at 1x. If you play at 1x when everyone else is at 5x, are you telling me you don't expect people to join a week after launch and, playing 5x, ding 60 the same time you do? Or when you're 30-40 they were a few days late and caught up? No matter when you join, or what rate you play at, there will be people at the same leveling point you are. Doing the same quests/zones/dungeons. They'll be cycling through the gearing when you are. IF you really enjoy the 1x rate, the ONLY thing you're missing out on by playing 1x instead of 5x is the "realm first" bragging rights...and honestly, that bragging right just means you can play when sleep deprived, and nothing else.

10. I wonder how long on average a bata ought to last, i'm not sure if i have experienced a bata in warmane before...so yeah

11. Is there any plans to do something with The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj event for that phase of content, or will the raids just open the day the phase starts?

To put my thoughts onto the table if it hasn't been decided/discussed yet, I don't think the OG event is the best idea to run...if one faction is dead, or just bitter and petty, they can hold the entire realm hostage and delay the content for the phase for weeks or longer. But it's still an epic part of the Vanilla experience, and I'd love to see SOMETHING to honor the spirit of the OG event.

To a lesser degree, there were special events when TBC and Wrath launched during their pre-patch phases. It'd be nice to see something to honor those pre-patch events, even if they aren't exact copies from the past.

12. Far from it. 1st beta phase is still going. 2nd phase's start/duration/end is yet to be announced.
    Actually how knows it? They never said nothing about the number of phases of testing etc. Furthermore this is not a new server but a 3.3.5 client already ultra tested (at least on questing etc. not the same about end game content that is ongoing now) so... But probably it is only my hope to start as soon as possible this new journey that speaks.

13. I was hoping for PVE only server. Too many PVP, no reason for me to start a new char on this server.

14. This is a MMO, a multiplayer game. Comparing yourselves to others comes with the territory. I don't know anyone that plays WoW in singleplayer mode.
    You're comparing your own progression to others'. What good it will ever do? You should play at your own pace. You're level 45, somebody else is 51, so what? Does it matter what rate he got there? Not really. He might kill you if he wants to PvP, but that's part of wPvP, there's always somebody at disadvantage based on level/skill/class/gear/surprised.

It doesn't matter that there are always people leveling. When a server launches is when it's most popular because fresh realms attract large amounts of players and slowly dwindle out. We've seen this happen with Frostmourne 3(?) times already.
    Yes, fresh is always attractive. It's all just kill and loot loop in different areas before you logout until next phase starts.

If someone is leveling at 1x, and someone is leveling at 5x, the guy at 5x has an advantage. Now the people who like to play at 1x are more susceptible to getting killed in pvp / higher level and better geared players. This is normal on a pvp server but what isn't is players setting their rate lower to their desired speed of leveling. That's a nice feature for people who want to experience lower rates on a server like Icecrown if they want a different leveling experience, but on a fresh server, it's a totally different dynamic.
    Let's say it's x3 rates. Somebody plays more than you. You're level 25, they are level 36. The level 36 is ofc from opposing faction. You meet at Hillsbrad Foothills while he's picking quest from there to Alterac Mountains, he sees you, and proceeds to kill you. Rate is the same for both, so mentioning rate is irrelevant. You could as level 60 x1 player go kill bunch of x5 players in any 1-58 zone and wipe the floor with them. Rate is irrelevant if somebody decides to prey on the weak.

x1 won't reduce ganking/unfair wPvP. It only makes it last longer.
    You level 1-60 in 3 weeks as x1 -> anybody still leveling or starting to level are at disadvantage, weak and subjects to be ganked.
    You level 1-60 in 6 days as x5 -> anybody still leveling or starting to level are at disadvantage, weak and subjects to be ganked.

You won't get peaceful leveling unless it's PvE.

Leveling slowly isn't as much fun when there are people leveling 5 times as fast as you, it's as simple as that. Maybe you don't enjoy leveling as much and want a higher rate to get to end game, but there are plenty of others who like the other way, and your way of compromise by lowering rates isn't a good enough solution to convince us otherwise.
    You really are stuck on comparing your own progression and fun to others'. Anyway, does it make you envious that others are leveling fast? I thought you wanted to experience low rates because you liked it that way? Or do you only like it when you force others to experience the same? Forcing others to "enjoy" the game you want is bit .. selfish.

A server that starts out in vanilla phase, with vanilla end game, vanilla talents and vanilla spells, even if on 3.3.5 (which is essentially what Classic wow is, except they use the retail client), is plain and simple VANILA until it progresses into TBC. Maybe it has some things from TBC/Wrath like QOL or certain things they left in the game, but that doesn't change the fact that the end game for the first phase is VANILLA.
    You can slap Ferrari badge, Ferrari body, Ferrari interior, Ferrari engine, Ferrari exhaust, Ferrari this and that to a Pontiac Fiero, it's still a Pontiac Fiero, a kit car. Not the real deal, a replica.
    You can renovate 1800's house with modern luxury QoL's, but in it's core it's still a house from1800's.

If giving Warmane staff the suggestion to lower the rates is forcing others to play the way we want then you are doing the same by suggesting a higher rate.
    I'm not suggesting higher rates. I'm supporting the idea of player chosen exp rates between 0.5 - 5.

First ... 25292100101102103104112 ... Last