1. I'd agree with others giving some viability to pve deadslots like enh shamans...like shortened cooldown on manapots would do it already so we can atleast spam maxrank stuff

2. Great project

1. XP Rates

1x will never work here, for small amount of "hardcore" players to cater it will kill the major pop of the server. Though 5x is the maximum it's bearable, my preference and opinion for healthy player base and content consumption is 3x. Don't forget this is progression server and you want more people to experience it, 1x will make a lot not reach the end of the cycle, 5x will make a lot waiting for the next one. In general if we stay 1 year per expansion 3x is a good balance. 5X for beta testing is more than fair.

2. PVP/PVE Realm

With RDF enabled and having PVE realm you would completely kill the other half of the player base and that's the PVP folks. Let alone that Vanilla it's about the open world, which makes the game alive. With RDF you have already killed half of the experience (i agree that this is QoL tool that after 20 years of playing WoW its needed), with PVE realm you again will cater only to small "hardcore" which most likely are the same 1x fans which already have other and retail servers to play on.

For the rest of the stuff like racial changing, talents, shop it looks like the devs have already made up their mind. After all their goal of success is to have healthy server with big pop which generates income, which is made to cater the bigger crowd. Most of the time the loudest are the ones on both ends which in numbers are the least. In general great incentive and idea, hope the project works and it's successful. Will definitely tune in, when it goes live.

3. People who really like X1 can play with it themselves, if they really like it. I don't think anyone will upgrade with X1.

They insist on X1 X2 X3 because of the following reasons

1. They went to the dungeon to earn G by bringing brushes, because upgrading X1 was too painful. Many people are paying them to bring it.

2. They will sell level 60 account characters. Because upgrading to level 60 is too painful.

3. Slow upgrade, fewer level 60 characters, and fewer people gathering in the wild. They want to monopolize rare resources, such as the Black Lotus, and then sell G coins.

4. In the wild, PVE can be collected safely with their robots and scripts.

5. Most people who play WOW are middle-aged, have families and careers, and really don't have much time. If it were for X1 and PVE, I believe the vast majority of people would leave and leave behind professional studios and robots.

I believe the authorities will make the correct judgment. As long as it is officially sold, it is fair, no matter what! As long as it is privately sold, it is unfair to everyone. I support all decisions made by the authorities.

I hope the official restrictions on robots and script programs. Use the strictest method possible.

At the same time, I also hope that the authorities will impose severe penalties, such as a 10 level downgrade, on the behavior of continuously killing trumpets and NPCs. As long as it is to kill players below level 5 and, mission NPC

It is recommended that the server limit transactions of large amounts, such as confiscation Penalties will also be imposed for abnormal auction prices through auction houses.

4. G coins, equipment, and other items can be sold in stores, as long as they are publicly available, it is fair.

5. Exp rate x1 is indeed a bit boring. But exp rate x5 is also an extremely bad idea.

I just hope there won't be a marketplace like icecrown. After half a year of playing, I managed to kill only 6 bosses. I just kept hearing that my GS was too small to try. That for LK mm you need a minimum of 6.3k GS ...
    You don't need 6.3k GS for LK nm, Warmane players are just really bad for the most part and try to overpower mechanics with their bought gear. Join a guild and they'll take you on their normal runs until you have 6k GS for heroic.
    I don't think the classic era Onyxia server will have hard gear requirements since the raids are braindead easy and can be cleared wearing green gear, but with this place you never know.

6. If the server allows me for faster leveling, I will use that. If the server allows me to up reputation 2 times faster, I will not farm twice as much. If the server allows me an Rdf function, I won't ignore it, just because it destroy vanilla essence.

Yes, even if I prefer walking, but everyone in my city drives cars, then I will use it. But if driving is restricted in my city, then no. If everyone uses smartphones, I won't use the old Nokia 3310. It's about if you don't want x5 experience rates, set x1 for yourself individually. In this case.

Other thing is how long the realm will be alive. I wish only best future for realm. This is why i care about low rates (x2-3 max) and pvp as default for now. But only the time will show us.
    Now this is just stupid.

You are not asking for x1 for yourself, you are asking to force x1 on everyone, because you don't want to do something others don't have to...

7. with PVE realm you again will cater only to small "hardcore" which most likely are the same 1x fans
    It's very simple. There is a group of people that always will want to force things on others.

"Make server x1", "Disable RDF", "RDF will kill PvP", "Oh, marketplace..." et cetera et cetera.

On the other hand, when you put them in front of a fact that server will have variable xp rates, where you can put x1 for yourself and enjoy the journey - they quickly become quiet.

You don't want to use RDF - no one forcing you to do it. Make group yourself, fly with them into a dungeon - whatever tickles you funny.
    And forcing world PVP on players who do not like it - very bad thing. PvP lovers can level in open world with like-minded players from opposite faction. PvE lovers can level up in dungeons.

8. Not sure why there would be free race or factions changes, though.[/QUOTE]

Becouse in the start there will not be Drenei,so there is no shamans in alliance,and there not be belf and no paladins in horde. So faction change would balance factions later in TBC content.

9. Class Balance

Is there going to be any class tuning for the classic era so that way we are not repeating the whole invite only warriors warlocks and mages?

10. I think it looks really good from my point of view.

1. PvE: no ganking when farming etc as world PvP is 90%+ ganks and not really PvP. No idea if arena could be implemented from start or not to let PvP:ers have more to do. Old system was 100% focused on grinding. If it´s PvP I´ll pass as I´m simply tired of all the ganking on the current servers. Also the risk is that it will only be a killing field walking to raids if one faction is dominant, PvE is a lot better in that regard.

2. X5 XP rate: not sure if people remember how it was grinding up in levels in original WoW but it can be summarized to grind! Look on the number of people on Icecrown with Lordaeron and most people will should understand that X5 is better in the long run.

3. RDF: really nice to have it from start

4. Regarding the unavailability for alliance shamans and horde paladins it´s a bummer but could have BElf Paladin and Draenei Shamans in some form of hero class (available as lvl55 if you have a lvl60 caracter in the corresponding faction). Not sure if there are grafics for other races that were introduced in Cataclysm so probably not convenient to have Dwarf Shamans, Tauren Paladin etc. But since neither Shaman or Paladin were common in raids it´s not really a big problem. Then all classes should have to be rebalanced to be more viable.

5. Marketplace: will not effect me much and I don´t really bother if people pay to get gear as they will perform poorly if they aren´t skilled anyway. I think it will be good for Warmane to have it in some way.

Overall I hope it will be x5 + PvE as that gives Quality of Life :)

11. Becouse in the start there will not be Drenei,so there is no shamans in alliance,and there not be belf and no paladins in horde. So faction change would balance factions later in TBC content.
    Thought people wanted to experience the journey, not instant gratification. /s

Don't think Blizzard offered any free faction changes after TBC launched. Doubt it will be any different here either.

12. Hello, I just registered myself here since I heard of this server online.
    It sounds like a really good idea and looking forward to playing this.

Maybe this has been answered before, but I would like to know if that 1.14 is "clean" as in "same as the one blizzard gave us"? And can I use any addons that worked on there, apart from addons that use ingame addon sync channels (I reckon any "threat" addon is affected, or "dps meter" ?).

Looking forward to the beta. :)

13. Less QQ more pewpew everyone.
    More importantly @mercy and other mods what are the planned drop/profession rates? Also 5x? I can't see that mentioned anywhere. Thank you for your work.

14. How long will beta ? month or two or season?

15. a major concern will be the dead specs in classic meaning that guilds will basically run Prot warriors and make them switch over to the much more viable classes in the later expansion to prot paladin or blood dk. Unless paladins are made to be actual viable tanks during classic same as feral druids.
    that is the main problem with classic: talents and spells, bro i want to spam starfall or lightning bolt in a freaking raid or bg. but you know what will be more beautiful: STAAARFAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL

First ... 1624252627283676126 ... Last