1. Dungeon Finder and more than 3X xp rating will kill vanilla sprit... Shamans cant revive it...
    You can still play on x1 anf without dung. finder .Cheers

2. Could always do what other servers did and make it so you can get bonus rates for being in pvp flagged state so its a risk and reward type of gameplay rather than force everyone to participate in something they prefer not to.
    Why would anyone play vanila with pvp off? Guys and girls all of you who love PvE server, isn't that enough for you if you get Dungeon Finder? All off you want, questing, rdf, pvp off, reserved items on the beggining of raiding, isnt that greedy? Why is world pvp that so bad if you gett all of that, at the same time, hardly anyone will be ganked at the very beginning, why is there be so much tension?

3. Why would anyone play vanila with pvp off? Guys and girls all of you who love PvE server, isn't that enough for you if you get Dungeon Finder? All off you want, questing, rdf, pvp off, reserved items on the beggining of raiding, isnt that greedy? Why is world pvp that so bad if you gett all of that, at the same time, hardly anyone will be ganked at the very beginning, why is there be so much tension?
    98 to 99% of the game is made of PvE content. Why should PvErs either be subject to unwanted PvP or have to "stay indoors" using RDF when the game is literally made for them, PvP being side content? You're talking about the "very beginning," but that will last what, a week? What of players who join after that? Also, what of players who want to play at x1 and will lag way behind the ones rushing, will they be exempt from getting ganked?

4. Onyxia will be going down to prepare for the next phase of Beta testing, where everyone will be able to start from level 1. The rates can be increased up to 50x if anyone wants to get to endgame faster.

5. Why would anyone play vanila with pvp off? Guys and girls all of you who love PvE server, isn't that enough for you if you get Dungeon Finder? All off you want, questing, rdf, pvp off, reserved items on the beggining of raiding, isnt that greedy? Why is world pvp that so bad if you gett all of that, at the same time, hardly anyone will be ganked at the very beginning, why is there be so much tension?
    Why do I have to be flagged so you can jump me when you're in the mood? If someone of the other faction is minding their business, I leave them alone. I don't engage in the wPvP. Hell, when I'm forced to flag because "PvP realm" and someone jumps me and it's clear they're the ganker taking advantage of the helpless, I /sleep or /sit so it gets finished sooner, and hope the fact that I'm passive means they lose their enjoyment and move on by the time I can run back. Yes, I much rather a PvE realm ruleset...you want to PvP, flag and enjoy it with the others that also enjoy it...I'm not going to participate in your power fantasy.

6. Onyxia will be going down to prepare for the next phase of Beta testing, where everyone will be able to start from level 1. The rates can be increased up to 50x if anyone wants to get to endgame faster.
    Additionally, characters, appearances, names & guilds are all left alone. Malls have been removed from the capitals.

7. 98 to 99% of the game is made of PvE content. Why should PvErs either be subject to unwanted PvP or have to "stay indoors" using RDF when the game is literally made for them, PvP being side content? You're talking about the "very beginning," but that will last what, a week? What of players who join after that? Also, what of players who want to play at x1 and will lag way behind the ones rushing, will they be exempt from getting ganked?
    Well, thats the part of the game right?
    And among other things, the same players who love pve, 85% off them kills each other whenever they were able, regardless of the height of the level, is it lvl 15 or 55 does not matter, all of us pvp or pve gamer love to take some blood in game, and there is no player who can tell me the opposite, thats the fact.

And about others, who level first char or alts, of course it's inconvenient when some bigger level come around, but you can put cap on it right? 10 15 levels bellow you cant attack, there has a solution for everything..
    The question is how much effort someone is willing to put in so that both SIDES are satisfied.

8. Well, thats the part of the game right?
    Is it, though? If you were right, the game would originally have been made for PvP servers, and the idea of Normal/PvE ones come later. The opposite is what happened. Also, if you were right, there would be no PvE servers at all, since why make them if "it's part of the game"?

9. Is it, though? If you were right, the game would originally have been made for PvP servers, and the idea of Normal/PvE ones come later. The opposite is what happened. Also, if you were right, there would be no PvE servers at all, since why make them if "it's part of the game"?
    Wow started out as a Pve game, adding in Pvp content later, the point is that it was still added, do you understand what I want to say? Its in the game.
    You have iccrown and lordareon why don't you turn it off there too?

Frostmurne, it was full ontil content is make to PvE, don't get me wrong i still love it, but a large difference was observed in the population.

Here is an example. I want to mine ore, or pick motes , what's the point of 20 people standing in the same place of different races and fighting like children who can right-click on the ore or mob faster?

10. The question is how much effort someone is willing to put in so that both SIDES are satisfied.
    No one wants to stop PvPers from PvPing, or from engaging in wPvP. All we want is to prevent is these "PvPers" from using people who don't want to PvP as meat to abuse. We're all players. We're all people behind the screen. Enjoy yourself. Just don't do it at someone else's expense. Mutual respect.

11. Wow started out as a Pve game, adding in Pvp content later, the point is that it was still added, do you understand what I want to say? Its in the game.
    Try reading again. I didn't say content, I say servers. There was always going to be PvP content, but the servers were conceptualized as PvE with the well-known PvP toggle. Your point is moot when you read what's actually typed.

You have iccrown and lordareon why don't you turn it off there too?
    Not my call, I would if it was.

Frostmurne, it was full ontil content is make to PvE, don't get me wrong i still love it, but a large difference was observed in the population.
    Frostmourne was seasonal, it's natural that the concept of playing for an year and then having to start over or move to another server attracts less people, as well as the population expectedly dwindling the closer you get to the end of the cycle.

Here is an example. I want to mine ore, or pick motes , what's the point of 20 people standing in the same place of different races and fighting like children who can right-click on the ore or mob faster?
    That's the best you have? "Subject everyone to unwanted PvP because mining ores competition"?

12. That's the best you have? "Subject everyone to unwanted PvP because mining ores competition"?
    Also something that, from my experience, never happens. If there's 20 people sitting around waiting for a spawn, it's a unique quest spawn. With general mining/herb nodes...if you see someone at one, you can attack them and "contest" them for it, slowing you both down...or you run past and go to the next one. Let the RNG respawn gods decide your fate.

13. That's the best you have? "Subject everyone to unwanted PvP because mining ores competition"?
    Please stop i cant with you ?

14. Also something that, from my experience, never happens. If there's 20 people sitting around waiting for a spawn, it's a unique quest spawn. With general mining/herb nodes...if you see someone at one, you can attack them and "contest" them for it, slowing you both down...or you run past and go to the next one. Let the RNG respawn gods decide your fate.
    I dont talk about questing, im talking about mats for proffesions, im talking for some gold making, resseling mats, making something eith it.. etc.
    Do i need to /sleep beside a spawn fo fast click or?
    Rlly i dont wanna be rude, but there is a missunderstanding about what i wanna write and what are you actually writing, two different things

15. I dont talk about questing, im talking about mats for proffesions, im talking for some gold making, resseling mats, making something eith it.. etc.
    Do i need to /sleep beside a spawn fo fast click or?
    Rlly i dont wanna be rude, but there is a missunderstanding about what i wanna write and what are you actually writing, two different things
    You said that 20 people will sleep next to a node respawn point in order to see who can click it fastest. Generally, that's not how I've ever seen it go down. Also an argument in favor for randomizing the spawn point even more, but that's another topic...

No, what i see happen when there's multiple farmers, especially on PvE realms, is they're all running around doing whatever loops or zig zags with their tracking on. When they see a node pop up, they go for it. Whoever's closest gets it...the RNG gods rules. The only time this doesn't work is when respawns are so exact that you can set your watch by them, and all nodes in a route are on the same timer, and someone figures out a route that puts them over a respawn the instant it pops...put some randomness and it becomes fair again.

What you're asking for is to be able to strongarm control over an entire market by using PvP to control all spawn points you can reach.

First ... 45494102103104105106114 ... Last